KR Inspired: Hammer and Coop

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

KR Inspired: Hammer and Coop

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:17 pm

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech ... r-and-coop

Actually, it's not a movie, but an advert for some car or model car. But you can see all kinds of KR references in this. Man without a past (ie. Micheal Knight - who didn't exist prior to his reinvention), a car running from one (ala K.A.R.R. perhaps!) and the car talks in the trailer.

And the look of Hammer is like Michael with a mustache, but not quite Garthe-like. More like Burt Reynolds as Michael Knight type thing. LOL!

Pretty funny, nonetheless.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Josch Schulz » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:36 pm

:D cool Stuff

- Knight Rider (Car drivin alone and so on, the Ninjas looks like Knight of the Rising Sun)
- The Ateam (the Kick from that Guy)
- Starsky and Hutch (Pursuit Chase)
- Baywatch (Running in slow Motion in the End)
- Dukes of Hazzard Musik Video "boots are made for Walking" (the Girl is Like Jessica Simson Washing the Car like in the Video)
- Sledge Hammer (The Name)

Here you can watch all Episodes

http://www.hammerandcoop.com/

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:52 pm

I went to that site and saw nothing. But then I realized I have an anti-script installed in FireFox which I had to enable for that site.

Thanks for the link. :) I gotta watch the vids now! LOL!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:56 pm

BTW, did you notice the digital red audio graphics under the speedometer when Coop talked and the sound of his voice? And his overall personality? Remind you of someone in particular? :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:16 pm

Just watched all the current eps to date. MAN if they didn't rip a LOT out of KR!! Esp. with Coop being demo'd to military! In the first KR book, it says that KARR was being demo'd to military I think. And in the eps, it mentioned that Wilton didn't want the military to get KARR as they wanted him!

Man, KARR returns? :twisted:

I could see the connections. And the girl in the car with him... reminded me a little of Smokey and the Bandit for some odd reason.

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:22 am

Cool I like it. Was this ever on TV? How come you can freely watch the episodes online? and has anyone tried that action name generator, mines came up with Jigsaw Ball Bearings :lol:
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:19 pm

The action name generator was funny. :)

Click on the link somewhere in there to create our own Coop. You'll see it's actually a car you can buy. Looks like the manufacturer of the Mini Coop is using this as a publicity thing to draw in people to buy the car.

Now if Pontiac had gone with that instead of stuffling it when Knight Rider was out, they wouldn't have had to discontinue the Firebird and I think they would have made a mint! :)

J-Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by J-Knight » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:42 pm

As far as I know (Think) Mini coopers aren't in production anymore either. They were owned by BMW who I think discontinued them.
Devon-"Shall we drink to the start of.."
Michael-"Of what?"
Devon-"One mans Dream"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:19 pm

J-Knight wrote:As far as I know (Think) Mini coopers aren't in production anymore either. They were owned by BMW who I think discontinued them.
nope the COOP in the hammer and coop videos is the all new 2nd generation 2007 mini cooper model. COOP is actually the cooper S model which has a turbocharged inline four apposed to the last generation's supercharged inline four.

my fave bit was coop razzin hammer for 'talking into his watch'
:lol:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Yeah, the watch thing was pretty hilarious. :lol: They will have more going online this month so I'll be checking back there myself, for sure.

It'd be cool if they put a DVD out, or even gave away a free DVD with the purchase of each Mini Cooper! :)

Jay_n1
Operative

Post by Jay_n1 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:18 pm

J-Knight wrote:Cool I like it. Was this ever on TV? How come you can freely watch the episodes online? and has anyone tried that action name generator, mines came up with Jigsaw Ball Bearings :lol:
There was a animated show that aired on Adult Swim on CN for a bref time about two beach bum detectives and they did had a car named "Car" that could talk and drive on it's own. I belived it was called "Hopper and Coop" or something.

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:14 am

Jay_n1 wrote:
J-Knight wrote:Cool I like it. Was this ever on TV? How come you can freely watch the episodes online? and has anyone tried that action name generator, mines came up with Jigsaw Ball Bearings :lol:
There was a animated show that aired on Adult Swim on CN for a bref time about two beach bum detectives and they did had a car named "Car" that could talk and drive on it's own. I belived it was called "Hopper and Coop" or something.
you are thinking of "Stroker and Hoop" :wink:
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

Jay_n1
Operative

Post by Jay_n1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:43 pm

Oh thanks, I knew it was something like that. Anyway I think this came from Stroker and Hoop.