Language translator...try this, it is really funny!

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

beatlemyn
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Language translator...try this, it is really funny!

Post by beatlemyn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:08 am

I looked at http://www.sprittwoch.de/ and some of the errors are obvious, but unless you read German, you will be lost in the commentary, which is really funny.

Google language tools will allow you to translate entire webpages. Go to "google," type in "google language tools" and click on the link it gives you. In a separate browser window, go to the "spirit of fun" on the above listed KR site, and click on Knight Rider. When you click on the first link in the episode guide, copy and past the URL in to the translator. You will then need to open the KR page again, in another window, and use it to look scroll thru the pictures. (The translator will not scroll thru the pictures so you can see the errors.) The translation is not very good (KITT usually comes across as CEMENT, and some of the words and phrases don't translate over to English properly, which leads me to believe they are slang terms or perhaps profanity.) It takes some work to read through it, but the commentary for the errors is really funny!!! I wish the page could be translated into the English better, but you get the drift of the commentary. The author apparently thinks Devon is gay, and the Hoff is beautiful. Some of the production mistakes are REALLY BAD, and hysterically funny. If you have some time, give it a try!! It's worth it!

"Michael, my favorite Beatle is John."

beatlemyn
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by beatlemyn » Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:25 am

LOL...here is a good example:

Commentary:

Hollow. Although Michael only a half meter beside CEMENT stands, he must over its absolutely sends wrist-watch with him to talk.

CEMENT, WHERE ARE YOU?

"Michael, my favorite Beatle is John."