KITT on G4 TV

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

lordvader
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT on G4 TV

Post by lordvader » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:32 am

Back on June 9 KITT was on the G4 network in a segment called "Cars vs. KITT" from the show Attack of the Show. It's about him complaining that cars in animated stunts like those seen in the new Pixar movie Cars, are going to putt him and other cars featured in live action stunts out of buisness.

Link: http://www.g4tv.com/pile_player.aspx?video_key=11755
Scroll down through the playlist until you come across the title "Cars vs KITT."
"I have no eggs. Perhaps you could direct me to a chicken." - KARR

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:36 am

Lol kinda amusing. Though it didn't appear to be a proper replica (the scanner looked funny) and the voice....well...that was obvious too.

But still, it's nice to see KR being brought to the public, even like this.

rhdaussiekitt
FLAG Recruit

Post by rhdaussiekitt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:07 am

i still have trouble working out what that show is about
--knightman--

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:51 pm

That was sick. They did KITT SO out of character in there. :( I like the fact that Knight Rider might be getting more exposure but then again, too much of the BAD exposure will ruin things.

Quite honestly, I think KITT would have actually enjoyed Cars because it is about cars and it's done by computers. And it'd give his own circuits and systems a rest. :) He probably would want to be portrayed in one of them himself.

Also, in Cars, there's a current Piston Cup Champion car, a blue one (forgot it's name). That car was based on a real-life Richard Petty (I think) race car. They personified a REAL car.

I think they go a bit down the wrong path treating KITT like a "car-actor" and not what KITT was meant to be in the first place - A SuperCar. :)

grimreaper_Knight
Volunteer

Post by grimreaper_Knight » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:21 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:That was sick. They did KITT SO out of character in there. :( I like the fact that Knight Rider might be getting more exposure but then again, too much of the BAD exposure will ruin things.

Quite honestly, I think KITT would have actually enjoyed Cars because it is about cars and it's done by computers. And it'd give his own circuits and systems a rest. :) He probably would want to be portrayed in one of them himself.

Also, in Cars, there's a current Piston Cup Champion car, a blue one (forgot it's name). That car was based on a real-life Richard Petty (I think) race car. They personified a REAL car.

I think they go a bit down the wrong path treating KITT like a "car-actor" and not what KITT was meant to be in the first place - A SuperCar. :)
True true KITT should even have his own late night TV show take over David Letterman, Jay Leno or get him his own timespot to compete with them.

And get William Daniels as the voice actor that will show everybody that the Knight Industries Two Thousand isn't indeed over the hill

Jay_n1
Operative

Post by Jay_n1 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:47 pm

My girlfriend used to watch that sation back it was Tech TV.. Mainly becauce of the show "Call for Help" but stop when it got pulled..