The most UNrealistic/daft scene/episode in Knight Rider

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MLAM
Operative

The most UNrealistic/daft scene/episode in Knight Rider

Post by MLAM » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:23 am

Going on from the other topics I thought i'd make this post,

What do you think is the most unrealistic or stupid scene/episode in Knight Rider?

I personally found the bit at the end of Just My Bill to be a bit unrealistic of KITT to say to Maggie "Go get them Maggie".

Just my view though

Arroww'
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Arroww' » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:58 pm

In my opinion, it's very unrealistic the scene in which KITT falls with a parachute.... :roll: :wink:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:50 pm

Most Unrealistic: KITT did a lot of techno-magic to move physical objects, such as spinning a dial on a safe to open it. But the worst in my opinion was how he could alter the dice rolls in "Goliath". Somehow he just zapped them so Michael would win? I don't get it.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:47 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Most Unrealistic: KITT did a lot of techno-magic to move physical objects, such as spinning a dial on a safe to open it. But the worst in my opinion was how he could alter the dice rolls in "Goliath". Somehow he just zapped them so Michael would win? I don't get it.
I think K.I.T.T. supposedly calculated just the right amount of high-frequency sound through the comlink, which allowed the dice to land a certain way. But yes, waay too far fetched.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Re: The most UNrealistic/daft scene/episode in Knight Rider

Post by James_kr » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:49 pm

MLAM wrote: I personally found the bit at the end of Just My Bill to be a bit unrealistic of KITT to say to Maggie "Go get them Maggie".
I found that quite strange too in that episode I think he sounded most like a robot like when he said "back up there's a space behind you" also for some strange reason the colours on the voice modulator are different
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:43 pm

Uh, didn't KITT say "Give 'em hell, Maggie?" instead of what you had said? I think so.
Most of the scenes were unrealistic, but all of that added to the show, not taken away in the episodes, and the show was ahead of its time.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:45 pm

In Race for Life at the end when KITT's got his lights going off and on, and opening and closing his doors. I never liked that whole episode at all anyway. There were much better ones.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:Most Unrealistic: KITT did a lot of techno-magic to move physical objects, such as spinning a dial on a safe to open it. But the worst in my opinion was how he could alter the dice rolls in "Goliath". Somehow he just zapped them so Michael would win? I don't get it.
Arroww' wrote:In my opinion, it's very unrealistic the scene in which KITT falls with a parachute.... :roll: :wink:
Ditto....

And the scene in "Blind Spot" where Michael's tries to speak Spanish to the people poorly. I mean he didn't even try.... He kept saying the same 3-4 words over and over again.

I have some views about the Knight Rider 2000 movie, too. But that is for another time.....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:05 am

THE CAMERA ANGLES!!! Where does KITT get all those camera views from. I can understand that KITT can see what is in front of him but there are some scenes that are rediculous. In some scenes KITT brings up images on his screen that are from a totally different camera angle.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:01 am

rulloa81 wrote:THE CAMERA ANGLES!!! Where does KITT get all those camera views from. I can understand that KITT can see what is in front of him but there are some scenes that are rediculous. In some scenes KITT brings up images on his screen that are from a totally different camera angle.
One possibilty: He can hack into traffic carmera's service station camera's things like that could be possible and some could be hidden like when you see michael driving the camera could be hidden on the cowl induction part of the hood.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:30 am

Have you ever read the scipt for the unproduced episode The Wind Devil? Hell, that's more Tolkien than Knight Rider...
More ridiculous stuff: that spy guy in Mouth of the Snake with his superhuman jumps etc. Was he a mutant, or what? :?
And for TKR: all episodes were ridiculous, stupid, cheap copies of original KR concepts (Karr/Kro). I was so infuriated when I watched that stupid spinoff!

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:29 am

"Big Iron"

The bad guy sliding in the oil

You would need an unreal amount of oil to make someone even slide slightly on asphalt?

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:08 pm

rulloa81 wrote:THE CAMERA ANGLES!!! Where does KITT get all those camera views from. I can understand that KITT can see what is in front of him but there are some scenes that are rediculous. In some scenes KITT brings up images on his screen that are from a totally different camera angle.
YES!!!!! I know what you mean, I started a thread awhile ago about how can people see crap on there tv with no cameras. Like in 'Golith" when they travel to red bluff, how is there a camera in red bluff showing them shooting people, and Goliths wheel driving done the street, stupid crap!!! Agreed as well about if the angel is in Kitt's view you can see it on the monitor, but from 100 miles away!!!, that's stupid!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KentuckyKITT
Rookie

Post by KentuckyKITT » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:33 pm

The most unrealistic scenes I can recall are the "Poltergeist" scene. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the episode (somebody help me here) but it is where Micheal is trapped inside of a closet because two people come into the room and begin making out. Now, while I understand how KITT could turn the lamp off and on to scare them...how the heck does he move a glass figurine back and forth across a table..and cause a door knock to move?? Then there's Halloween Knight...where the "witch" is walking past potted plants and they fall over as she walks by them?? That's about cheesy and SUPER unrealistic.
"KITT, if this is just a toy factory, I'm Peter Pan."

KARR 2000
Rookie

Post by KARR 2000 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:04 pm

The episode would be Diamonds aren't a girl's best friends.
So...... I have no idea what to write here.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:43 pm

I just remembered a scene I thought was incredibly lame. It's in a first season episode, can't remember which one, where KITT's in an impound lot and pushes a car in front him out of the way in order to escape. What's completely unrealistic about it is that there are somehow two people making out in the back seat of the car and the guy says "Did it move for you too?" I know they were there for humor but it wasn't even funny. It was just dumb. There's noway two people would be in the backseat of a car in a locked impound lot. :?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:50 pm

In one of the first few episodes Michael parks KITT in a parking lot and a huge garbage truck parks right behind KITT and refuses to move after Michael tells him that he has to leave. So KITT just pushes the truck out of the way. That was very stupid...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:23 pm

I agree with Michael Pajaro. It drives me nuts when he unlocks dial safes, or unlocks padlock doors.
Electronically locked doors and electronic safes and I can fully understand how he does it, but not the manual ones. Now in one episode. Michael turns the dial and KITT watches and says "There." when he hits a number, that makes sense to me too, but not when he turns it.

Same thing with the dice, there's no way. I'll even grant him the roullette wheel in that 4th season episode because the roullette wheel was probably rigged anyway and KITT just messed with it, but no dice. lol
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knightwolf
Volunteer

Post by Knightwolf » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:19 am

Return to Cadiz...Kitt (or should I say the model of Kitt) driving on the water, enough said.

When I was a kid watching KR I didnt notice how obvious the model of Kitt was. I understand they did a lot with the model that they couldn't do with a real Trans Am, but they could have spent a little more time and effort making the model look a little more realistic.

One more thing, how could KITT spin the dial on a safe and unlock a deadbolt lock, but not be able to lower an automotive lift?

And just a funny sidenote, did anyone else notice that when Bonnie would add something to KITT, Michael and KITT would always be impressed with Bonnie's new addition...In contrast when April added something to Kitt, Michael and KITT would be impressed if the new function actually worked properly!

Knightwolf

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:59 pm

how is it kitt can unlock handcuffs, open doors, microjam trunk locks (buyout) and the like, but if he gets stuck in the air by something as simple as a hydrolic floorjack, he is immobilized (specifically the one in buyout)

yeah the dice also annoy me as well....

and how come in junkyard dog, when kitt is lifted up in the air, why didnt he just microjam the forklift ? if he can stop whole cars (knights of the fast lane, the rotten apples, countless outhers) why not the forklift?

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:12 pm

he could microjam the trunk lock if it was an electric one which cadillacs probably had

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:54 pm

he could microjam the trunk lock if it was an electric one which cadillacs probably had
that may be true if he was pressing the button on the dashboard to release the trunk, but jamming the power trunk lock would not disable the key.

fred
Volunteer

Post by fred » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:25 am

I never liked the model car shots either, in some episodes it is so obvious it is a crap model. The scene in junk yard dog where kitt is sinking is just one example.

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:43 am

fred wrote:I never liked the model car shots either, in some episodes it is so obvious it is a crap model. The scene in junk yard dog where kitt is sinking is just one example.
That was the WORST model I have ever seen and the scanner looked like it had white lines between it with a weird LED moving I think they used the same model in the episode where KITT is on the train tracks "RACE FOR LIFE SEASON 2" Its got the same funny scanner I think they used that for both of them.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:20 pm

I'll agree with disliking the models. Those things were so damn cheap looking. :x
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"