KNIGHT RIDER 2006 (fan fic set in Australia)

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Daemonicus666
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KNIGHT RIDER 2006 (fan fic set in Australia)

Post by Daemonicus666 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:48 am

I am writing a fan fic set here in my hometown city of Melbourne, Australia. It wont feature any familar characters (apart from KITT, or maybe I might rename him). I thought I would tell a new tale using Knight Rider as the basis. Young Australian Federal Police Officer Nathan Bradley is wounded in the line of duty while investigating drug shipments at the docks. Shot in the head and in the chest, his body is left for dead in the water. Minutes later he is found by wealthy millionaire/playboy Andrew Knight who instead of reporting it to the police gets his own private doctor to treat Nathan's wounds and takes him to his home on a nearby island. When Nathan awakes, a few months have passed and he is left shaken. When confronted by Andrew, he is shown a newspaper which pronounces that the outside world thinks of him as dead. Andrew reveals the people who shot Nathan, were also responsible for the disappearance of his own daughter and he wants to bring these people to justice. Nathan feeling angry at his would be killers accepts and undergoes training in martial arts and weaponry. It is while he is training Andrew shows him his latest creation that he will be working with. KITT (its based on the 1997 Trans Am which in fact I used to own). Nathan laughs at the suggestion of working with a car but he changes his mind after driving it. And yes, he will know it talks before he leaves on his quest unlike Michael in the show lol). Im toying with the idea of not having any surgery done to him to hide his identity. I am thinking he may suffer a bit of amnesia about his past, making it more dramatic. Back to the story. Unknown to Andrew, Nathan is out for revenge on his would be killers and plans on exacting revenge. Which will leave some character development throughout the story. There will be alot of car chases and jumps and what we all loved in the tv show. Though this first fan fic in my eventual series will have a darker tone. Just in idea stages right now, the story is done, just have to develop KITT's personality a bit more. What do you guys think?

Here is a pic of the 1997 Trans Am this incarnation of KITT will be based on

"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:17 am

I think you should put KITT in a HJ Monaro and Give him a "Strine" accent?......Make him really Australian, Knight Rider meets Crocodile Dundee :P

Sorry :wink:

Your idea is great, Sounds like the beginnings of a good story?

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:37 pm

absolutely love the idea! but my question is this: what if somebody from nathan's past recognizes him and finds out he's not really dead? other than that, the story and basis for the story sounds terriffic! can't waity top read it!