Knight Rider Season 1 DVD credit sequence query

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MLAM
Operative

Knight Rider Season 1 DVD credit sequence query

Post by MLAM » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:31 pm

Hi,

Obviously the Season 1 set has been out for a while now both on R1 and R2 but going through a playback DVD of mine which as 3 season 1 episodes on I noticed the credit text for Bonnie (Patricia McPherson) is ever so slightly different on the Season 1 DVD set compared to the original playback DVD

I have the pictures to compare

R1 (New Remastered DVD)

R2 (Playback DVD)

Now looking at the R1 season set it has the additional "Also Starring" text next to her name and also its missing the shadow effect behind the letters of the text compared to the playback disc.

I thought I'd just point it out in wake of the Season 3 Knight of the Drones credit issue but obviously this a very minor quibble compared the former.

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:43 pm

Very interesting comparison. I got the R2 dvd as well and didn't notice.

Good stuff...but why would they do that?

Maybe it was slightly changed for the syndicate version.

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:51 pm

Skav wrote:Very interesting comparison. I got the R2 dvd as well and didn't notice.

Good stuff...but why would they do that?

Maybe it was slightly changed for the syndicate version.
No idea to be honest, but I was thinking that the credit for Bonnie in her first ep which was "Deadly Manouvers" may have added "Also starring" bit as it was her first episode and universal just recycled the intro sequence from that to save on the remastering of individual credit sequences.
I do have the tape which has "Deadly Manouvers" but its no where to be seen in my house right now so i can't check it.

Or maybe it is to bring it inline with the other seasons as far as i know Season 2, 3 and 4 had the "Also starring" bit for Bonnie/April.

Kinda sloppy they didn't bother with the Knight shadow effect on the text though as it kinda sticks out compared to the other text credits.