"Mouth of the Snake"

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

StoneyCreek
Stranger
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"Mouth of the Snake"

Post by StoneyCreek » Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:10 am

Does anyone have any background information on this episode? Why was it so bad, and why is Michael and Kitt barely in it? The "David" character is the main actor in this episode.
Also I'm watching the second season for the first time in many years, and I noticed the plots got pretty bad all around. All the stunts look fake. My Ertl Diecast Kitt looks a lot more real then the toy they used in the show for some of the stunts. It wasn't this bad in the first season I don't think. Also they always mess up when it shows the gear shift being moved. If Kitt goes from parked to reverse the shifter goes from "2" to "R", but when he goes from parked to drive the shifter goes from "P" to "D". In "Knightmares" the shifter goes into drive but the car goes backwards. I guess they got lazy in the second season.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: "Mouth of the Snake"

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:17 am

StoneyCreek wrote:Does anyone have any background information on this episode? Why was it so bad, and why is Michael and Kitt barely in it? The "David" character is the main actor in this episode.
The reason Michael and K.I.T.T. are barely in this episode is because the producers were compensating for the fact that David and his new bride at the time, Catherine Hickland (who played the recurring role of Michael's love interest, Stephanie Mason), had just gone on their honeymoon.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:16 am

NBC had been looking for ways to exploit the popularity of Knight Rider to launch a new series. They were hoping to create a spin-off from the earlier episode Speed Demons, about the moto-cross riders, and when that failed to happen, they decided to try again. So, Mouth of the Snake was really dealing with two situations at once: trying to launch another show as a "backdoor pilot", and give David Hasselhoff some time off to enjoy his wedding and honeymoon.

The character of Dalton did eventually get his spin off. There were two made-for-TV movies (Code of Vengeance & Code of Vengeance II) followed by a short-lived TV show that ran for four episodes.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;