sorta Knight Rider toy

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

sorta Knight Rider toy

Post by walter h. anderson » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:25 pm

I'm kicking myself in the behind for not having this toy anymore!!!!!

My late grandparents gave me this Fisher-Price space toy when I was a little kid. Ever since then, I've made this toy out to be a very futuristic version of Knight Rider. Here's what the toy looked like. (I had the black one, of course)

http://www.dawsonclan.com/pictures/vint ... ure357.jpg

The toy figure was basically the same scale as the Star Wars figures. The story for this future Knight Rider was this...

It's the 22nd century. An alien named Draxtel Friex was an asteroid miner who got hurt real bad in an accident. His brain was severly damaged, however. The Foundation for Law and Government had some doctors give him a new brain...that of Michael Knight from Earth in the 20th century. The doctors also had some engineers rebuild his spaceship for him. The spaceship was originally called "Firestar 1", but was renamed K.I.T.T. (the Knight Industries Ten Thousand). The ship had all the capabilities that the original KITT had...except that this new KITT was a spaceship, so he can fly. KITT is equipped with forward-mounted laser cannons, backup boosters, a scanner with a range of about 1/2 parsec, and an improved Molecular-Bonded Shell that will coccoon the entire vehicle. The new Michael Knight was sent out to uphold justice throughout the galaxy, when he was caught in a black hole and sent to the Star Wars galaxy.

I had this toy until 2 years ago, and I miss it bad. Seeing this photo gives me new ideas, however. The grey ship could be an updated version of KARR, and the other figure could be Garthe Knight resurrected.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

knightwalker
Volunteer

Post by knightwalker » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:23 pm

wow, thats pretty wicked. its like a KITT pod racer or something.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:50 pm

I like these because of the dash. You can't see it in the photo, but there's a box on the centerline of the dash which I pretended was KITT's voice modulator. Then there's a guage on either side of the modulator for fuel, oil pressure, speed, and thruster capability. On the other side of the guage, there's a switch pod for KITT's special abilities like Auto Cruise, Maximum Pursuit Thrust, the infamous Turbo Boost (for land operation), Laser Targetting, Smoke Release, Micro-Jam, 3-d Trajectory Guide, and many others.

If I ever get these again, I'll show you the dash.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.