KITT-like turbine technology for homebuilders?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Darknight
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT-like turbine technology for homebuilders?

Post by Darknight » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:45 pm

Hello all. As most of you are well aware, KITT incorporated turbine technology in his powertrain as a means of obtaining high power and efficiency levels in a small package. Some home builders actually make turbojets and turboshaft engines from old car and diesel turbochargers to power karts like this one:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_18227 ... BBJSvdkufs

I'm wondering if anyone here has seen or built one of these. Currently, I'm working on a design of my own which is quite different from anything else being built. Eventually, I want to use a similar design when I build KITT. The technology required to make a full-size, fully streetable car go from 0-60 in .2 seconds is amazing. I only hope I can achieve it before someone else does.

DK

Crovax Ws-6
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Crovax Ws-6 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:14 am

dude a 1,000 HP Dodge viper does 0-60 in just about 2.0 secs. you have any idea the type of power you would need to get a car to do that that fast?? You would also need to find a way to spool the turbine so as to eliminate lag, but also keep the car stopped at the same time. i think this is a pipe dream.