Knight Rider Penny Chews?!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Penny Chews?!

Post by trissybabes » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:56 am

I was just scanning through my old copies of "Look In" (a UK kids TV related magazine from the 70's/80's) and happened across this little nugget that mentions Knight Rider Sweets:

Somehow the phrase "chewing on Michael's face" just doesn't seem right though...

Wonder if they'd do this if the new series takes off? They could transform from jelly shapes to gob-stoppers to chewing gum as you eat them?

jimknight
Rookie

Re: Knight Rider Penny Chews?!

Post by jimknight » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:06 am

how cool is that. why did i not get them all them years ago :(

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:24 am

Very cool :)
I remember here was at least Knight Rider chewing gum with stickers available in the 80's and I've kept few stickers in my collection all these years. Also I have a cardboard KITT from the 80's, I don't remember for sure anymore but I think it was from some cornflakes serial box.
Here's pics of them:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:01 am

trissybabes wrote:I was just scanning through my old copies of "Look In" (a UK kids TV related magazine from the 70's/80's) and happened across this little nugget that mentions Knight Rider Sweets:

Somehow the phrase "chewing on Michael's face" just doesn't seem right though...

Wonder if they'd do this if the new series takes off? They could transform from jelly shapes to gob-stoppers to chewing gum as you eat them?
NIce find! :good: but I`ll bet they taste like Kitt Lol :lol:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:14 am

Especially after 20 plus years. :lol:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:07 pm

I remember another paper kitt cutout.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:18 pm

trissybabes wrote:I was just scanning through my old copies of "Look In" (a UK kids TV related magazine from the 70's/80's) and happened across this little nugget that mentions Knight Rider Sweets:

Whoever eats those finally find out what KITT really tastes like... :lol:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Was thinking earlier, at over 20 years old they probably could be used as a replacement for KITT's MBS.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:29 am

Are they coming out with a special edition of the chews to comemorate the day kitt was dumped into the acid dark chocolate kitt perhaps?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:41 am

Chocolate KITT Cookies perhaps?

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:44 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Chocolate KITT Cookies perhaps?
I was thinking the same thing! :D Make sure it's a chewy one!

Hmmm...What about a KITT shaped lollipop,KITT shaped chocolate bars,KITT shaped icecream on a stick dipped in chocolate,KITT shaped marshmallows,KITT shaped cakes(I'd love one for my birthday!),KITT shaped cupcakes,KITT shaped hard candies(I love peppermint flavored stuff),KITT PEZ DISPENSERS!(I *love* PEZ stuff.I collect them as a hobby),KITT shaped mints in a KITT shaped tin,KITT shaped bubblegum,and I could go on,and on,and on! :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Look what I found today from candy shelves :D These are named just a "black car" sweets, made by Malaco. There's no mention about Knight Rider or KITT but from the shape of it I think it's very clear what certain black car it is ;) I don't know how long these have been available as I don't usually look so carefully candy shelves but they taste really good.
:kittside:
Attachments
Candy_KITT.JPG
Candy_KITT.JPG (41.24 KiB) Viewed 18690 times
Candy_KITTs.JPG
Candy_KITTs.JPG (15.17 KiB) Viewed 18692 times

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:56 pm

OMG knight rider stuff .Nice,That would be kinda cool if they still sold em, or do they ?
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:55 pm

If they taste like licorise, ew!! LOL! But that is cool! Somehow I can't put my head around biting into a car or someone's face though. I dunno why. I could bite the tail or ears off a Easter Rabbit, peep, or animal cracker. Crazy. LOL! :shock:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:06 am

they should make KI2T and KI3T and sell them together in one bag 8) or have KR08 Stikers inside, that would be something. I would be them for my son always :lol: Image :kitt:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:18 am

Knight007 wrote:they should make KI2T and KI3T and sell them together in one bag 8) or have KR08 Stikers inside, that would be something. I would be them for my son always :lol: Image :kitt:
Now that is great :) ,I wonder what company made those or was it like NBC or something.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:49 am

Wow, so many old topics finding their way back to the first page. :shock:

Anyway, NBC would have licensed out KR to a candy company to make them. It's probably one of those things where the company came to Universal, not the other way around though I dunno how active they were back then with merchandising, but probably a lot more active than the lazy bums there are now. >_<

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:07 pm

I think NBC could market stuff, but now because groups like the PTC (Parents Television Council) are around, they'd have to be more careful with merchandise. Those groups still bite NBC for making Heroes toys, and even CSI stuff for example. Because they're "adult oriented programming". They attack networks for releasing toys targeted to collectors.

It's not also whether the merchandise will be popular, but paranoid people are a factor in what they can sell.
Petition #9

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:50 am

Eh, TBH the PTC and groups like them have no real power and networks really don't care about their "attacks". Besides the PTC pretty much lost what little credibility they had years ago.