KR Logo and the cobra...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

KR Logo and the cobra...

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:31 am

Ok we've all seen the new KR logo with regards to Knight Research with the cobra on it but is this going to be the new logo on the Shelby GT 500 KR (king of the road) ????

If it is the same, its going to make things complicated for Ford with customers wanting the KR vehicle from the show...

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: KR Logo and the cobra...

Post by Matthew » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:42 am

I could be wrong, but I'm not entirely sure that the assumption about the cobra is correct, because the hats that were given out at Comic-Con had the encased Knight Research and Development logo on them without the cobra, so it could be that the incorporation of the cobra is only for advertising purposes, which would make sense since Gary Scott Thompson said that those hats were worm by some of the personnel that work inside the Satellite Surveillance Chamber.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

KITTRINA
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTRINA » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:48 am

I read where they explained why it was done that way.............but I just dont like the cobra on the logo. I know its just for that division, but it just looks commercial. I think that ford wants people asking for kitt to boost sales.

from what ive seen in mags and on the net, that is the gt 500 kr logo. there were only like a thousand made for 2008 and some planned for next year. they retail at like 70 to 80 thousand, i think. once the populrity of the show increases people can only afford a mustang gt......not the gt500kr. If im wrong about ny of this someone please correct me. :D

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:16 am

GST also said the logo is underneath KI3T when it turbo boosts WITH the cobra....

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:30 am

I'd suspect that the cobra will be on its own underneath the car, much like it is on the bodywork. After all, it wouldn't make much sense to so blatantly advertise that the car is linked to Knight Research and Development. ;)

Matt

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:47 am

Matthew wrote:I'd suspect that the cobra will be on its own underneath the car, much like it is on the bodywork. After all, it wouldn't make much sense to so blatantly advertise that the car is linked to Knight Research and Development. ;)

Matt
Unfortunately, my understanding from the way GST said it, is that the WHOLE logo is underneath the car.... although so far the car only turbo boosts in Attack Mode so its not exactly inconspicuous anyway...

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:53 am

It's funny, I kinda got the opposite impression about the cobra being under the car. I took him to mean that the cobra, which he was trying to gesture to on the hat, but was missing, was underneath the car, rather than the whole logo.

Matt

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:09 pm

Having said that, I don't see where they are going by having a snake represent KNIGHT Research. I understand the car in "hero" mode IS a Shelby (which i am a fan of in its Knight Rider guise, despite misgivings before the pilot...) so the car does have the cobra on it but I am concerned that the cobra has found its way on to the Logo for the Knight Research dept...

Quick note for GST and the effects guys, how about the Shelby cobra 'morphing' to the Knight in certain modes...??? The upside of that is, its something else that Ford could sell on....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:36 pm

Well, that's an example of "product integration". They just gave a reason for the cobras to be there other than "Ford wanted the cobra emblems to remain on the car". ;)
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: