KARR 2.0

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Runner
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KARR 2.0

Post by Knight Runner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:42 pm

Hey everyone. If you'll remember I started a thread a few months ago focusing on the possible return of the evil KARR. The original thread can be seen here:

viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=11134

Finally with new information relating to the new show, I'd like to bring back the idea of KARR's return. Originally I had the idea of KARR being a Dodge Charger SRT8. Simply because, well the Charger is one of the most aggressive looking cars you'll ever see on the road. Not too mention the Charger is pretty fast, powerful and the fact that it's a sedan means it could carry a few bad guy henchmen along with it. But a few people were talking about the Challenger instead and that in itself is an obvious choice. The Challenger is faster than the Charger, handles better, looks better (in some people's opinion), and is a coupe, like the Mustang. The new Camaro is also a decent choice for KARR, although it'll still be a few months before a Camaro is able to be purchased and the Challenger is up for grabs now. Plus the Mustang is clearly retro and so is the Challenger, which makes them a good pair, but then we can say that yes, the Camaro is pretty aggressive looking. And as agressive as the Camaro is, it looks too modern if you ask me. KARR should be modeled after a more retro car because I see him as more of an "old man" type villain. The Camaro looks too new and "hip" than it does old and dignified. Personally I'd prefer a Mopar over the Bowtie, but that's just me.

One thing is for sure, I would hate if KARR turned out to be a Mustang. I mean sure KARR was a Trans Am like KITT was, but that's because KARR was the prototype for KITT. Now that KARR is destroyed, he can be rebuilt into what ever they want and making him a Mustang would just be silly. Chances are however that because Ford is sponsoring the series, KARR will simply be a 2010 Mustang to challenge KITT's 2008 appearance. But as a fan who enjoys writing, I'll dream all I want to dream.

So let's say KARR is a Dodge Challenger. He'd obviously be painted black, which makes the Challenger look very Sexy. The retro dual hood scoops could house his yellow visor, which from a distance would look like yellow eyes. He'd be voiced by Terrance Stamp, and for those who might not know who he is, you can hear is voice here, as Halo's Prophet of Truth (the first alien to speak in the video who wears the crown):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee2hjOK-IiQ

I cannot think of anyone else who can play the voice of KARR better. And unlike KITT, KARR wont have huge wings or super fancy ground effects to make him look bright an exciting. He'd look stock, all black, and dignified. He doesn't need to be flashy to be evil. Ladies and Gentlemen... KARR!

gotigers1
Rookie

Re: KARR 2.0

Post by gotigers1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:49 pm

um.. what would ford say?

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:52 pm

gotigers1 wrote:um.. what would ford say?
Who cares? I'd rather watch an entertaining show with lots of cool cars from lots of different automakers instead of one hour long Ford commercial. Their car get's to be the hero, so they could just compromise and let their competitor be the bad guy.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:58 pm

taken from a seperate post
Lameth1 wrote:Watch out, KARR could come back as he new Camaro, since the would be a bad guy, he could be a "non-FORD"

buwahaha, that would be awesome and make me cry at the same time.
Arguably Ford may only want to be associated as the good guys, unlikely but possible. It would also depend on how bad KARR 2.0 would become, then of course would another company accept being the villain
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:05 pm

Someones got to do it. Plus KARR is just as popular as KITT even as the villain so it would work out for whomever wanted the part.

Lameth1
Recruit

Post by Lameth1 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 pm

Niggle Snoosh wrote:taken from a seperate post
Lameth1 wrote:Watch out, KARR could come back as he new Camaro, since the would be a bad guy, he could be a "non-FORD"

Arguably Ford may only want to be associated as the good guys, unlikely but possible. It would also depend on how bad KARR 2.0 would become, then of course would another company accept being the villain
I reference the part about a GMC SUV being destroyed by Kitt in the new pilot movie. Notice how the other bad guy chase scene had a ford, but it didnt get a scratch on it???

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Lameth1 wrote:
Niggle Snoosh wrote:taken from a seperate post

I reference the part about a GMC SUV being destroyed by Kitt in the new pilot movie. Notice how the other bad guy chase scene had a ford, but it didnt get a scratch on it???
That's what I'm saying. I don't want to see an hour long Ford commercial.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 pm

I have to say i do prefer the idea of KARR 2.0 being something other than a Mustang

I'm not sure how they intend to introduce a new evil KARR into the new show, whether related to the original or not.
We have been told that Yancy Arias plays the mission commander role, is a military official and has an unknown ulterior motive within the foundation.

It makes sense to me he is getting intel on the successes of KI3T for the purpose of adapting him for military use. Perhaps he could steal/use plans to create an alternate KI3T but the AI is programmed to accept deaths and casualties as acceptable for their purposes, which will of course lead to him turning against his makers. It is possible that the KI3T AI cannot be recreated or copied (at least not without being caught) and we find the have the original KARR AI in their possesion and foolishly believe they can control or reprogram him.

Another theory that i mentioned a while back is that files on KI3T were stolen in the pilot and the unknown villain recreates the/a KARR from those.

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:14 pm

Lameth1 wrote:I reference the part about a GMC SUV being destroyed by Kitt in the new pilot movie. Notice how the other bad guy chase scene had a ford, but it didnt get a scratch on it???
Ah but the vehicle itself wasn't evil, just the people behind the wheel. Something which associates the car with evil, villainy, murder, crime etc could be a different story

Just a thought

It's quite the same thing but there was a game, i think it was the Getaway that came out a few years ago, which got lots of right for various brand names and such. One of them was BT, in the game a BT van was used in a mission where you used it to assasinate or bomb someone or something and soon after it was released it was recalled and the BT van was taken out because they didn't want to be associated with such behaviour.

In a world so mad on companies appearing to be PC it could be a problem

Knight Runner
Volunteer

Post by Knight Runner » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:28 pm

They seem to enjoy promoting illegal street racing as seen in the Fast and Furious movies and Need For Speed video games. People get killed in illegal races all the time, yet I can pick up Need For Speed Most Wanted and drive a Ford Mustang threw a police barricade at ease.