San Diego ComicCon - Live Updates

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

San Diego ComicCon - Live Updates

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi guys,

Neil and Mike are at the Knight Rider panel as we speak, so I'm going post updates on their behalf until they return to the hotel later today. :good:

The first thing of note is that the panel has begun without Sydney Tamiia Poitier and Dave Bartis. Traffic is really bad according to Neil.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: San Diego ComicCon - Live Updates

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Sounds good, keep us posted!

Joe

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:37 pm

The panel’s barely begun, and we’ve already had a question to Gary about the possibility of David appearing in the series. From what Gary’s said, he’s had lunch with David about the possibility, but at moment, they have conflicting schedules, so for the time being, it would appear that the original Michael Knight will not be present. Another thing of note is that Gary wants the plot to dictate Michael’s reappearance, rather than just having him return for the sake of it.

Matt
Last edited by Matthew on Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:37 pm

Cant Wait! :D Ive been itching to hear what was said by the panel.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Matthew wrote:The panel’s barely begun, and we’ve already had a question to Gary about the possibility of David appearing in the series. From what Gary’s said, he’s had lunch with David about the possibility, but at moment, they have conflicting schedules, so for the time being, it would appear that the original Michael Knight will not be present. Another thing of note is that Gary wants the plot to dictate Michael’s reappearance, rather than just having him return for the sake of it.

Matt
I'm very happy to hear that. They are still indicating the original series and most off Michael Knight's possible return. Knowing DH, I am sure he will try his hardest to be MK again!

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm

Next up is a question about the Knight Industries Two Thousand. Gary says that he envisions both KITT’s side by side, indicating that he sees them as two separate entities. Presumably, this means that the idea of the Knight Industries Two Thousand possibly being buried within the Knight Industries Three Thousand’s circuitry has been dropped from the coming series.

Neil’s temporarily lost his connection, so there’ll be more to come once he’s back folks. :good:

Matt

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Matthew wrote:Next up is a question about the Knight Industries Two Thousand. Gary says that he envisions both KITT’s side by side, indicating that he sees them as two separate entities. Presumably, this means that the idea of the Knight Industries Two Thousand possibly being buried within the Knight Industries Three Thousand’s circuitry has been dropped from the coming series.

Neil’s temporarily lost his connection, so there’ll be more to come once he’s back folks. :good:

Matt
I am loving Gary right now. I love the fact that the Knight Industries Two Thousand is a separate entity!!!!!!! Very Very good Gary, keep it coming with more good info! Nice work Matt!

Joe

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:02 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:I am loving Gary right now. I love the fact that the Knight Industries Two Thousand is a separate entity!!!!!!! Very Very good Gary, keep it coming with more good info! Nice work Matt!

Joe
Thanks Joe, :good:

Yeah, I agree, although I'm sure that there would have been some nifty special effects if David's Michael had to activate his KITT, and watch the Shelby morph into the Trans Am whilst he's sitting inside it, keeping them separate leaves open so many more possibilities.
JJSoCrazy wrote:I'm very happy to hear that. They are still indicating the original series and most off Michael Knight's possible return. Knowing DH, I am sure he will try his hardest to be MK again!
As am I. Given that Gary has spent time with David discussing the possibility, I can only assume that he already has some sort of storyline in mind. As for what that is though, we'll just have to wait and see. :lol:

Matt

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:20 pm

Woah!, this is starting to sound good.

Thanks Matt for doing this and tell Neil he`s a star!

Oh just something a little off-topic, my names Matthew aswell, do you prefer be called Matthew or Matt?
Last edited by weeezl on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Matthew wrote:
JJSoCrazy wrote:I am loving Gary right now. I love the fact that the Knight Industries Two Thousand is a separate entity!!!!!!! Very Very good Gary, keep it coming with more good info! Nice work Matt!

Joe
Thanks Joe, :good:

Yeah, I agree, although I'm sure that there would have been some nifty special effects if David's Michael had to activate his KITT, and watch the Shelby morph into the Trans Am whilst he's sitting inside it, keeping them separate leaves open so many more possibilities.
JJSoCrazy wrote:I'm very happy to hear that. They are still indicating the original series and most off Michael Knight's possible return. Knowing DH, I am sure he will try his hardest to be MK again!
As am I. Given that Gary has spent time with David discussing the possibility, I can only assume that he already has some sort of storyline in mind. As for what that is though, we'll just have to wait and see. :lol:

Matt
Yea I'm not too crazy about KITT transforming into the original Trans Am, I am much more happy about having them separate.

Joe

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:27 pm

No worries weeezl,

I’m proud to be able to do something that benefits all of us. :good:

Matt
Last edited by Matthew on Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:31 pm

Matthew wrote:No worries weeezl,

I’m proud to be able to do something that benefits all of us. :good:

Matt
Top Man!

Matt or Matthew though? i was only curious because when people call me Matthew its makes me fell 10yo all over again. :)

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:32 pm

Two Matthew's, that awesome mate. I prefer Matt for the most part these days, cause, you know, my mum always calls me Matthew, but feel free to use either. :lol:

Matt

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Matthew wrote: P.S. Wow, two Matthew's, that awesome mate. I prefer Matt for the most part these days, cause, you know, my mum always calls me Matthew, but feel free to use either. :lol:
I posted that last one before Id seen you change your post,I prefer Matt too, my mum does the same thats why I dont really like being called Matthew, it reminds me of when i used to get told off as a kid :D

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:46 pm

weeezl wrote:I posted that last one before Id seen you change your post,I prefer Matt too, my mum does the same thats why I dont really like being called Mathew, it reminds me of when i used to get told off as a kid :D
And I then edited my post, and posted the edit. :lol:

Yeah, every time I hear Matthew come out of my mums mouth, or even my dads for that matter, I'm like, oh crap, what have I done now. :lol:

Matt

P.S. I just want you all to know that I still haven't regained contact with Neil. It's unfortunate, but ultimately we're all at the whim of mother nature. I'm afraid that for the time being, we're all in the dark. :|

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:53 pm

Matthew wrote:
weeezl wrote:I posted that last one before Id seen you change your post,I prefer Matt too, my mum does the same thats why I dont really like being called Mathew, it reminds me of when i used to get told off as a kid :D
And I then edited my post, and posted the edit. :lol:

Yeah, every time I hear Matthew come out of my mums mouth, or even my dads for that matter, I'm like, oh crap, what have I done now. :lol:

Matt

P.S. I just want you all to know that I still haven't regained contact with Neil. It's unfortunate, but ultimately we're all at the whim of mother nature. I'm afraid that for the time being, we're all in the dark. :|
OMG! too funny, same here!, I hate it cause when I hear it even after all these years I still get the same guilty look on my face! :lol:

And dont worry Im sure connections will be resumed soon. Cant Wait & Good work Matthew :wink:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:55 pm

JJSoCrazy wrote:Yea I'm not too crazy about KITT transforming into the original Trans Am, I am much more happy about having them separate.

Joe
Yeah, at the end of the day, I'm already worried that turning the Shelby into an F-150 is a step too far on believability scale, and by turning it into the Trans Am, it would only serve to confound the problem since it would mean that not only can KITT's mass increase, but that it can be reduced as well, since the Trans Am is a considerably smaller car than the Shelby.

Matt

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:53 pm

Glad the KI2K/KI3K thing is cleared up though I never really expected them to go and integrate the original into the new KITT, that would have been horrendously foolish. But it's good to have confirmation.

I'm just going to guess that the reason the car transforms how it does instead of morphing is just because it looks cooler than what a morph effect would. Even if it doesn't make any sense with how they did it. But I think that going by the TV movie there already had to be a way that the car could increase its mass seeing what happened with the SUV...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 pm

A few other bullet points from other news sources:

* There will be an evil Kitt or bad car. No word on what color.

* There may be another cameo by the original Knight, David Hasselhoff. He could possibly be in a one-part or a two-part episode. The producer explained that,"There is no reason to being him back unless it's to extend the new mythology. There is a possibility of him coming back. We just have to make sure the schedule is right."

* GST went back and watched Knight Rider's first season, and wanted to create a mythology similar to the original series. Thompson stated that his goal was to put Traceur in the same difficult situation that Knight faced, which will eventually force him to assume the identity of Michael Knight.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/knight- ... 21477.aspx

http://io9.com/5028803/kitt-is-a-transf ... impediment
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:05 pm

Hey All,

Sorry it cut out. We just got back from the press room and we have exclusive footage we are working to edit and bring online. Will post more soon.

Gary did say there will be an evil car (even referred to KARR) - mentioned that the car will jump like we love (couldn't get an answer about practical vs CGI). Will try and get to all your questions!

Neil

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:14 pm

neps wrote:Gary did say there will be an evil car (even referred to KARR) - mentioned that the car will jump like we love
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

well that just made my day :good:
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:A few other bullet points from other news sources:

* There will be an evil Kitt or bad car. No word on what color.

* There may be another cameo by the original Knight, David Hasselhoff. He could possibly be in a one-part or a two-part episode. The producer explained that,"There is no reason to being him back unless it's to extend the new mythology. There is a possibility of him coming back. We just have to make sure the schedule is right."

* GST went back and watched Knight Rider's first season, and wanted to create a mythology similar to the original series. Thompson stated that his goal was to put Traceur in the same difficult situation that Knight faced, which will eventually force him to assume the identity of Michael Knight.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/knight- ... 21477.aspx

http://io9.com/5028803/kitt-is-a-transf ... impediment
i really love everything i've read so far...

but both articles you posted (buddytv and io9) are written in such a negative and dismissive way, this has absolutely nothing to do with journalism! i don't get it why some "scribes" still think it's oh so cool to diss Knight Rider :x

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:23 pm

neps wrote:Hey All,

Sorry it cut out. We just got back from the press room and we have exclusive footage we are working to edit and bring online. Will post more soon.

Gary did say there will be an evil car (even referred to KARR) - mentioned that the car will jump like we love (couldn't get an answer about practical vs CGI). Will try and get to all your questions!

Neil
Your a star Neil!, i cant wait to see this exclusive footage. What the hell happened with the scaffolding falling down? I take it everyone was O.K?

Niggle Snoosh
Operative

Post by Niggle Snoosh » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:43 pm

Kaine wrote:but both articles you posted (buddytv and io9) are written in such a negative and dismissive way, this has absolutely nothing to do with journalism! i don't get it why some "scribes" still think it's oh so cool to diss Knight Rider :x
I assume it's so that can try and maintain the illusion of that they are cool and edgy and without an episode to write about properly they choose the easy way out.
Michael: "Devon, someone tried to kill me last night!"
Devon: "I have an alibi"

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:44 pm

More:

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/892/892948p1.html
Aries said his character, Alex Torres, "Gives out the missions at the beginning of the episode. He shows them how much is involved in making sure our country is safe. KITT is too integral a piece of equipment and cannot be taken lightly. That's a big challenge for Michael Knight; to not wreck such an expensive piece of equipment."

Cho's character is a linguist, and Thompson noted, "In the first episode she speaks Spanish, Hebrew, Korean… she's sort of our contact with the outside world if we need to speak to [anyone]." Campbell added that she, "Keeps [Billy] off balance. He's madly in love with her. She's very snide and also very charming."

Asked about all the changes from the TV-Movie, Bruening said, "The biggest change is a visual one. It's more cleaned up from original pilot. They've added so many layers to my character. They're filling in the blanks and making him a much deeper, more well rounded character. It makes a whole new mythology for the new fans and the older ones."

Russo said her character is now, "beating up bad guys myself. The fight training has been the best part. My fight trainer calls me Annie Oakley, because I have such good aim."

So what about The Hoff? An audience member asked if David Hasslehoff might appear on the series, as he did in the TV-Movie. Thompson said he and Hasslehoff recently had breakfast, and that he told him, "Look, if we use you, I want to use you in a way that's story driven." He said Hasslehoff agreed it should be, "Something big. We both agreed there's no reason to bring him back unless it's something very specific. There is a possibility. It's contingent upon schedules. We are openly speaking."

Asked if the original KITT might show up, Thompson replied, "Look, you're probably probing my mind right now. I don't see any reason why we can't see the two KITTs side by side." And as for the evil KARR from the original series? Said Thompson, "Hmm… What do you think? That would be a yes. There will be some version of that. That will go through in our mythology."

Another fan asked if KITT's popular Turbo Boost feature would be back from the original series, and most importantly, would the car jump when it was used. Thompson said that indeed, Turbo Boost was back, and more so, "KITT's gonna jump. You're gonna go, 'Quit making the car jump already!'"
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;