Question on Knight Rider episode: Circus Knight

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Whitestar
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Question on Knight Rider episode: Circus Knight

Post by Whitestar » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:13 pm

In the episode entitled, "Circus Knight" there is a scene where Michael and KITT were chasing a jeep equipped with a flamethrower. They managed to disabled it by turbo boosting over it and shattering it to pieces. The moment KITT landed on all fours, the front fender didn't even scratched the ground. I had to freeze frame it shot by shot to get a closer look and sure enough there was no damage, at least from an external viewpoint. I know that several stunt cars were built for this purpose and usually after they jumped, the cars were destroyed. But how were the special effects team able to pull that off that turbo boost jump without the aid of ramps, and with no front fender-bender damage? With hydraulics perhaps?

Whitestar

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:25 pm

I'm not sure I'm an expert at this, but maybe they used special effects.
I think that's the only explanation I can give right now.
Maybe that will be somewhat of a help, sort of..... :shock: :? 8) :roll:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:32 pm

As far as turbo boosts go, that was a pretty small jump. It may simply have been that the reinforced shocks were enough to handle it since the jump wasn't very high.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Whitestar
Volunteer

Post by Whitestar » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:20 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:As far as turbo boosts go, that was a pretty small jump. It may simply have been that the reinforced shocks were enough to handle it since the jump wasn't very high.

Yes, exactly. That particular jump was indeed a small one. It just goes to show you that no car in the world can drive away fully intact without a scratch after performing a high jump, unless KITT was a dune buggy or 4x4. That's what those things are built for. ;)

Whitestar