Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Skav
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:37 pm

Ok, ive just downloaded the (ending?) clip and i have to say...those voices are TERRIBLE!

Who the hell did those??? Kitt's wasn't so bad but still way off and Michael's is just terrible.

Same goes for Garthe. And I don't believe I heard KARR's as of yet.

Davilex have a lot to do this coming month!!!

Skav

Newcastle knight
Operative

new kr game news

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Sep 26, 2002 12:03 am

thanks for these neil !

now the fun begins, downloading that 40mb clip coz ive got a 56k connection, doh!

*edited becuase of my own stupidity !!*

scott

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Newcastle knight ]

Newcastle knight
Operative

new kr game news

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Sep 26, 2002 7:32 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>all valid points. I have pointed my contact to this website, and hopefully they will pay attention to what their target audience is saying.

I guess we have nothing to do, but wait and see.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks neil, i think what the target audience (us !) is saying, is get universal to give Davilex all of the sound effects so they can be used in the game, or is it too late now ??

scott

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 10:32 am

Skav -- download the 7 minute gameplay clip to hear how they did KARR's voice....sounds hilarious but over all i think KARR sounds the best in the game....

They did a pretty decent job replicating the voice of KARR in Kitt v Karr. Nontheless, the dialouge is atrocious, and sounds extremely unnatural and rehearsed.

Keepin my fingers crossed that Davilex makes some major changes.

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Sep 26, 2002 1:00 pm

I agree with Neil!
We shouldent judge it so quick.
Wounder what box design they will have??
I would like to see the desert entrance with the purple background! really cool!!

K.I.T.T

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:25 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by K.I.T.T:
<STRONG>Wounder what box design they will have??
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny you should ask:

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: neps ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:26 pm

The link dont work????????????? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

K.I.T.T

CK
Operative

new kr game news

Post by CK » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:45 pm

Kitt looks bluish.

Cheri

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>

Funny you should ask:

[ September 26, 2002: Message edited by: neps ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW yeah!!! that does look goof !!!!!!!!!!..though i still think the desert would have been good lol...never pleased huh!

K.I.T.T

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Centaurus17 » Thu Sep 26, 2002 2:59 pm

OOH...nice Neil...
The boxart looks pretty good. Curious, got any more videos?? (heh, ya spoiled me with the first 3, neeeeeeed....mooooooooooreeee....)lol

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:30 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Centaurus17:
<STRONG>OOH...nice Neil...
The boxart looks pretty good. Curious, got any more videos?? (heh, ya spoiled me with the first 3, neeeeeeed....mooooooooooreeee....)lol</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

working on converting them. they are in AVI format which sucks on Macintosh so I like to convert them to Quicktime. I'll have more for you latter.

And as for KITT looking blueish, I think the box art may be displaying a bit light. on one monitor it looks blue, on another it looks black. a good way to tell is if the playstation header isn't a pure black, then your monitor is too bright. that bar is always black, not gray.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Game

Post by KFCreator » Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:53 pm

I think I've said this before but Aspyr is the largest company that I know of right now for converting PC games over to the Mac platform. They've done an excellent job of porting most of the Sims titles, as well as Medal of Honor, Star Trek: Elite Force, and Star wars: Jedi Battles so far. They're continually developing new games for the Mac and hopefully if the new Knight Rider game is released for all existing game platforms as well as the PC, it will gain huge popularity and a company such as Aspyr will pick it up and develop it. So I'd advise you to go to www.aspyr.com and contact them to see what kind of hope there might be for seeing Knight Rider coming to the Mac.

Also, who said that most Mac users aren't Knight Rider fans??? I don't think you can correlate how much someone loves Knight Rider based on what kind of computer they use. In my opinion, you're probably just as likely to find Mac users that love Knight Rider as PC users. Just look at us! :-)

HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY KNIGHT RIDER!!!!

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:46 pm

one minute long trailer http://homepage.mac.com/neps/trailer.mov
5.8MB

enjoy!

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Thu Sep 26, 2002 4:50 pm

Wow, the box looks crap too. lol! Yeah, it is the light that makes kitt blue but I don't think kitt is entirely black in the game either. he looks grey to me or silver looking.

i'll still get it cos i know they'll make improvements and i don't really care about the box but i do believe they coulda put michael on there too.

Skav

Newcastle knight
Operative

new kr game news

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:44 pm

i just wanna thank neil for bringing us all of this stuff first of all [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

the box is a little on the plain side, that shot of KITT, but a little darker, the scanner a lot brighter and going through the desert would of been a lot better. but hey, its better than the other knight rider games that are currently out on the next gen consoles right ????? lol

scott

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Fri Sep 27, 2002 12:43 am

the clips themselves are dated July 25, 2002. They have made, and continue to make tons of improvements on the game play, imagery and sound effects. According to Davilex, the final version will be leaps and bounds better than the beta.

i think we should trust them enough to wait for the final product before all comments are finalized. we owe them that much for even attempting a game for a 20 year old tv show.

it will at the very least be better then the Duke's of Hazzard game. I can tell that it already is.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by krfan1 » Fri Sep 27, 2002 3:42 am

Personally, I think some people are being too harsh about the game. You must remember that they are aiming for a lot of peple to buy this game, not just us hardcore fans. What the public wants and us hardcore fans want are two separate worlds. Are there some things wrong with it? Yes, but as Neil said it is only a beta and I'm sure the finalized product will be fixed to our liking. From watching the clips, I have a funny feellng they were monitoring the board for a while.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but it has been bothering me lately.

Nick

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by sarfraz » Fri Sep 27, 2002 5:35 am

Come on! that box art is bad beyond words. When I first got my copy of the KR NES game via Acclaim UK, I was absolutely amazed at the artwork. Yes, I know that game was based on the LCD game by the same company, but the artwork was excellent. Be it, the car is inaccurate, but it has the WOW factor. This, simply looks like they slapped one of the car models in the game onto the front cover. Its simply too plain. I'm worried it won't catch casual gamers attention in the shops. It doesn't say "look at me", more "I'm not here".

We can't judge the game yet, but I remain hopeful. Just because we are KR fans, doesn't mean we have to settle for sub standard though.

Sarfraz

Newcastle knight
Operative

new kr game news

Post by Newcastle knight » Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:19 am

hey, ive just had a thought. in the opening credits clip we actually do hear sound effects,

so maybe i was jumping to conclusions when i saw the in game footage clip. maybe Davilex have the sound effects, they just havnt put them in yet, hopefully!

we hear the scanner, the tick tick tick noise KITT makes from the speedo when he's accelerating quickly, and SPM, the SPM sounded a little different to whats in the show though. and also the touch tone beeps when the sequencer lights up, also a bit different to whats in the show.

scott

Skav
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by Skav » Fri Sep 27, 2002 10:39 am

Well, as i said, the FX are one of the last things they put in a game.

actually, when i think about it, that (ending?) clip was probably just a test effect to see how it sounds cos we all know how bad those voices sounded like. so, i remain hopeful that they have made improvements on that.

yeah, not trying to be funny, but that's probably one of the worst game art covers ever on a game box!!! ever!!! it IS bad. i think they'll probably change that too.

people are hardly going to notice it too much....if they decide to keep that cover, then it only means they only designed the game for us fans only. and that DOES happen!

Skav

Ghost Rider LSOV
Rookie

new kr game news

Post by Ghost Rider LSOV » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:20 am

Greetings, I am new here(and probably younger than most, I become 20 this December).
The game does look worse than expected but it's a usual thing that between the FMVs of development and the final product there are many changes(HALO being a great example). I certainly hope the Turbo boost sound will be like the show's and not that weird sound effect. Didn't see all the clips yet (intro and outro only) so I don't have a view of the gameplay sequence. But like it was mentioned before, let's hope it won't be like Dukes of Hazzard (which also sported weird PC made faces).
PS. in Spider-man the Movie, videogame, the voices were of the actors who played Spidey and the G.Goblin.(at least that's what I remember)

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Fri Sep 27, 2002 11:49 am

let me say here that I like the cover. having been in numerous video games stores over the last few days, it was easy to notice how over filled the shelves are with games that are available. Yes, the do all feature intense imagery they cram into the cover of the box to make it appeal to consumers, but is that right? In a sea of visual nausea, this cover is the pepto.

Picture it, the sea of games with images fill the box, and a red box, empty but with a picture of kitt in the corner. that box would peak my intrest. If that doesn't help it stand out from the crowd, not much else will.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by K.I.T.T » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:00 pm

Well there are lots of ps2 adds on british tv. I can't see why they don't make a add for it. I guess its a case of "is this what the public wants to buy"

K.I.T.T

knightrider_ni
Operative

new kr game news

Post by knightrider_ni » Fri Sep 27, 2002 1:15 pm

anybody who says the car looks blue has their monitor on very bright, turn your brightness down until the crapstation... sorry, playstation bar is pure black like neil said #then# have another look. i have to say the desert would be better but you're right neil, it should stand out better than most game covers, and its the game itself we should be thinking about, that's what counts.

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

new kr game news

Post by sarfraz » Fri Sep 27, 2002 2:58 pm

crapstation [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...I am not alone

Anyhoo, its not the composition of the cover that bothers me (red background with just the car)....but the execution. It looks like a rush job in my opinion. The artwork on the NES game isn't image intensive, but it looks of a far superior quality to the Davilex cover.....which inturn implies a few things to anyone buying the game.

I have no idea why I'm rambling on about the cover, it just seems cheap and rushed.

Ok, any idea when the other versions (GBA, GC & XBOX) will see the light of day? all I've heard is that their on the back burner (what ever that means).

Sarfraz