KITT and Hasselhoff on a Merry Go Round?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT and Hasselhoff on a Merry Go Round?

Post by neps » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:27 pm

Any german viewers familiar with this ride? I was searching flickr.com for Knight Rider references and came accross this image of a Merry Go Round in Aschaffenburg. KITT and Michael, plus the Ateam and Batman:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/generalzod/3356637/

Also somes pretty impressive KR collection:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomharpel/576542/

And a BTTF car on Universal backlot which is pretty cool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richardgiles/2748523/

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:44 pm

First off, that's a strange merry-go-round. :shock: It kinda seems like those carnival rides that have pictures of famous characters slightly altered so the owners don't have to pay rolyalties. (I remember going into a funhouse that had 'Scooby Do' painted on the front with Scooby wearing a white collar.)

I like the last picture. Maybe Doc's dropping by Universal to record something for the new BTTF DVD? :wink:

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:34 pm

Nice find neps, although I think Shadowsmeowmix should be credited for finding the first few pics of Knight Rider memorabilia at the fair. They can be found in this thread:

Link: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=5715

I like the pic of the DeLorean though, pretty impressive condition for its age. I wonder if someone still drives it around. :)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:48 am

I don't believe that's the real DeLorean from the films. At least if it was then there had to be extras. I've sat in the supposed actual car used in the films way back in the early '90s at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in Manhattan not too long after Back To the Future Part III came out.

It did not have the white-wall tires seen in part III like this picture. Also, I distinctly remember when I sat in it that all three time circuits had red text instead of red, yellow, and green like seen in the movies. Also, the Flux Capacitor was non-lightable and simply consisted of wire bent in that "Y" shape.

There was a plaque next to the car stating that it was worth either $125,000 or $225,000 after its use in the films. I had a Polaroid taken of me in it where all the text on the plaque is still readable, but I have no idea where it is at the moment. Either way, one of these cars wasn't the real deal. It was probably the one I sat in though unless the crew changed certain things after it was no longer needed.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

AlphaDelta227529
Stranger

Post by AlphaDelta227529 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:05 am

And I believe those Datsun Z's were the ones used in Bruce All Mighty "in the DeLorean Picture".

CNH 320
Recruit

Post by CNH 320 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:08 am

Lost Knight,

Trust me, thats a real screen used DeLorean from BttF part 3. There were 2 "dessert" cars and this is one of them. The other is in the hands of George "I build every movie car...yeah right" Barris. Yes Barris got 2 D's. One display with you usealy see, and this one.

The car over there a USH is rotting away for more than a decenia! I have pic's here somewere of the time the car was nice- until this current condition...I'ts a real shame, just like the K.I.T.T. car that was on display in USH...

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:02 am

Bah, figures I would forget to use the search feature on my own board! :oops: Figures!

The BTTF Delorean is real. BTTF.com has had alot of images and discussions in their forums about it over the last couple of years how it's just rotting to pieces, and either this one or another they keep taking parts out of or from to fix their other Delorean cars that they have at various rides and exhibits.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:02 am

Sounds pretty amusing to me, folks.....
I guess a lot of people get a huge kick out of that in Germany and elsewhere.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:26 am

I see now...thanks for clearing that up, guys. I never really knew if there were multiple cars used for filming or not (I assumed there had to be at least one extra when the DeLorean gets destroyed in part III). That's a real shame that Universal (my new sworn enemy) doesn't even take good care of their props like that. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a business decision and decided it would just be cheaper to "recycle" old parts back and forth rather than pay for restoration.

Gives me another reason to hate their a$$es. Those morons couldn't even frame the original DVD box set properly and ended up cropping the widescreen picture (the cropped television versions even show more picture than the widescreen DVD!). Now they had to try and advertise a corrected set before they stopped selling it altogether on February 1st.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

SWerni
Rookie

Post by SWerni » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:39 am

Hey guys,

I have a special dedicated to this "Merry Go Round" (interesting name for it) - this thing is in fact something special, because it is the only one with two different lines and the have normally a talking KITT in front. The Ride is called "Highwayrallye" and features the most famous TV-Cars...

I have a few more pictures of it...

Anyone interested, I translate this special... :)

Kind regards Sandra

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:46 pm

HondaSiR wrote:Nice find neps, although I think Shadowsmeowmix should be credited for finding the first few pics of Knight Rider memorabilia at the fair. They can be found in this thread:

Link: http://www.knightrideronline.com/phpbb/ ... php?t=5715

I like the pic of the DeLorean though, pretty impressive condition for its age. I wonder if someone still drives it around. :)
I looked at that thread and checked out the pics. Two questions, though. One, are those car models from a kit, or are they die-cast? Two, does anybody else have the entire set of KR baseball cards? I have them all, and I'm hoping I'm not the only one.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:23 pm

SWerni wrote:Hey guys,

I have a special dedicated to this "Merry Go Round" (interesting name for it) - this thing is in fact something special, because it is the only one with two different lines and the have normally a talking KITT in front. The Ride is called "Highwayrallye" and features the most famous TV-Cars...

I have a few more pictures of it...

Anyone interested, I translate this special... :)

Kind regards Sandra
I'm interested! Do you have any pictures of the replica? :mrgreen:

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:39 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:I looked at that thread and checked out the pics. Two questions, though. One, are those car models from a kit, or are they die-cast?
The ones on the display cabinet are heavily modified plastic model kits except the black KITT with the red Knight 2000 painted on the left side door. It is diecast and it has a hole on the roof wherein you insert a gearshift to make the car move with the help of a friction motor. They are all in 1/25 scale.

The big KITT on the table is the 1/13 Talking Kenner KITT, but you probably already know that. 8)

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:13 pm

Bah, figures I would forget to use the search feature on my own board! Figures!

The BTTF Delorean is real. BTTF.com has had alot of images and discussions in their forums about it over the last couple of years how it's just rotting to pieces, and either this one or another they keep taking parts out of or from to fix their other Delorean cars that they have at various rides and exhibits.
Hey Neps, Is it true that KITT was at the autoshow, I go every year and I have never seen him there, I love that place though!