Inside Out Pontiac Commercial?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:27 pm

"some cars funished by the pontiac motor division"

I love that. Some cars?! Howabout THE car?!! hahahaha

Anyway, I'm not saying GM should have made a KITT-Edition Trans Am, (of course I would have liked it, but I'm not saying they were stupid for not making them) but they should have let the show continue to advertise their car. It wouldn't be false advertising. Not any more or less than most car commercials. On car commercials, people are driving on mountain roads at like 120 mph. But if people got pulled over after going that fast in that car, would they have to stop saying the car's name in its commercial? No, that's my point.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:58 pm

Speaking of the CAR, that was a scene which really bothered me in the episode, "Trust Doesn't Rust", where KITT & KARR were playing chicken and at the last second, KARR veers off the road and goes over the cliff. The car that we see running off the cliff is obviously not KARR, but a split second shot of "THE CAR", from the movie, THE CAR. The shot of the car falling becomes KARR again until he blows up, NO-NO-BOOM. :lol:
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:22 pm

Um, this is way off base, but I was wondering how KITT would look as a hybrid car....I'm sure he would help to keep the air clean in L.A. more often.
OK, I'm a little obsessed with hybrid cars these days, forgive me.
KITT would also have his usual features, including the convertible mode kind of thing.
Just a thought......

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:17 pm

KITT can already be classified as hybrid because his turbine engine was capable of running on virtually any combustible fuel substance (gas, diesel, LPG, liquid hydrogen, etc.). And knowing that KITT has an outstanding mile-per-gallon fuel consumption (as feared by Detroit), KITT literally does not emit harmful exhaust fumes (well not that much anyway when compared to an ordinary Firebird).

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:10 pm

HondaSiR wrote: And knowing that KITT has an outstanding mile-per-gallon fuel consumption (as feared by Detroit),
It was 200 Miles Per Gallon. I think they said that in "Inside Out" or something like that.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:53 pm

I think it was Return to Cadiz where that was revealed. Not sure.

Let you know April 12 :)

Anyone speculate the significance of releasing season 2 during the month of April?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:18 am

Army - Maybe because in season 2 it was April and not Bonnie as KITT's tech? :)

In discussing KITT's fuel capabilities, I don't see how it would be really feasable to run "any fuel". I mean, think about it. He get's down to 1/4 tank after awhile and the rest of the gas left is regular unleaded gasoline. Now what happens if you put Deisel in there? It'd mix with the other gas? or what if it's gas and then you decide to put in liquid hydrogen? I mean he'd have to run the tank dry just at the point you turn into the gas station or whatever. LOL! Or you'd have to ciphen out the old type of gas (wasting some) to use another type? He couldn't have a gas tank for each type of gas - no room!

I dunno how it could be done. :)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:24 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Army - Maybe because in season 2 it was April and not Bonnie as KITT's tech? :)
Yup, it just dawned on me.

Also diesel doesn't have the same compustable properties as gasoline, so I don't know what purpose diesel would serve in a jet engine. But to KITTs credit he does say compustable. Technically diesel is not compustable, it ignites under pressure. So I imagine gas, alcholol, Jack Danials would run fine in a jet engine

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:33 am

Oh damn! :x It was revealed in the episode "A plush Ride" I think. :?
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:50 am

FuzzieDice wrote:I don't see how it would be really feasable to run "any fuel". I mean, think about it. He get's down to 1/4 tank after awhile and the rest of the gas left is regular unleaded gasoline. Now what happens if you put Deisel in there? It'd mix with the other gas? or what if it's gas and then you decide to put in liquid hydrogen? I mean he'd have to run the tank dry just at the point you turn into the gas station or whatever. LOL! Or you'd have to ciphen out the old type of gas (wasting some) to use another type? He couldn't have a gas tank for each type of gas - no room!

I dunno how it could be done. :)
It could be done...all KITT has to do is inform Michael exactly when his tank is down to its final liter or gallon of fuel. Since KITT can run 200 miles on a single gallon, it should be enough to get them to the nearest gas station, even if they are out in the middle of nowhere. :)