Knight in Retreat

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Arjun
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight in Retreat

Post by Arjun » Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:12 am

This subject needs some rather open, honest opinions. What do you think of "Knight in Retreat"?

If you ask me, it was a mistake by Foster, Grimaldi and the group. Never seen a worse episode in this season than this one. Just plain cheap. Especially Bianca's right-hand woman, who enjoyed blasting everything and everyone with a zapper- that's what I hated most. Not to mention all those 'cheap scenes' of the victims. Someone asked for an episode to take out of Knight Rider, so I vote for this one.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:16 am

i didn't like this episode much either, it felt rushed and silly, almost childish. and i always thought it was stupid to bring back that actress for the main guest starring role. i forget her name at the moment.

now i know guest stars would reappear in 80's shows, but she played such a large, predominant and let's not forget #reoccurring# role in season two, that it was just plain daft to bring her back as a different character!
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:28 am

knightendo wrote:i didn't like this episode much either, it felt rushed and silly, almost childish. and i always thought it was stupid to bring back that actress for the main guest starring role. i forget her name at the moment.

now i know guest stars would reappear in 80's shows, but she played such a large, predominant and let's not forget #reoccurring# role in season two, that it was just plain daft to bring her back as a different character!
I can't stand the characters played by Ann Turkel very much either. They were a real pain.

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:34 am

ann turkel!! thank you :D

i liked adrienne margot (or is it adrienne st.clair? hehheh ;)) in soul survivor, and her performance in the majority of goliath returns was one of the few redeeming features about that movie.
"If you're not having a good time, you're doing something wrong." Harrison Black, War Of The Worlds (tv series)

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:16 pm

i think it's ok.it was the first time were they talk about the tuff flicks bullets. thta can pucher kitt's tire. and there was some special effect probloms but the episode isn't that bad. and it was cool seeing michael flying in the air. and the episode was manly about bonnie's mentor.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:15 pm

They did give Michael an cheesy name. It was Dr. Michael Knightwood. And he was supposed to be a scientist.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:50 pm

he did play it cool though. 8)

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:50 am

Some of Michael Knight's aliases in the series-
Jack Smith (Knight of the Chameleon)
?? Cooper (Knight by a Nose)
Dr. Michael Knightwood (Knight in Retreat)
Turboman (Circus Knight)

Anyone know any others?

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:14 am

oh i did like him as turboman. :P

knightendo
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightendo » Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:24 pm

ah circus knight... expected so little from that episode, yet received so much, it's a belter! :)

kitt.pl
Recruit

Post by kitt.pl » Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:56 pm

In INSIDE OUT Michael was Dugan

cool episode from first season...

Jake
Recruit

Post by Jake » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:44 pm

I also don´t think that Knight in Retreat was among the best episodes of the Knight Rider or in the season 3. However, I also don´t think that this particular episode is one of the worst episodes of the KR. I think that Knight in Retreat is the kind of an episode that you would watch without suffering but won´t consider watching it again and again. My feeling on Knight in Retreat is that it has been made just because they needed one more episode to season 3 or just because the producers wanted bring Ann Turkel back in business.

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:05 pm

i do like KNIGHT IN RETREAT it's not that bad of a episode. at least it was last episode of ann turkel that knight rider showed her so at least they were good enough to bring one last epsiode her.