KIFT toy from 1990's

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

KIFT toy from 1990's

Post by Assasinge » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:32 pm

So I came across a few KIFT toys from the 90's on Ebay, and they seem kinda cool. To my dismay, I found out it doesn't have any working scanner or anything, it just sits and moves around. Any small scanner I can maybe put in the front or something? I wish they had a bigger and better version of it too.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: KIFT toy from 1990's

Post by KITTfan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:54 pm

I guess that's the 1/24 plastic modelkit of KIFT? I think the technology in the 90's wasn't there yet for supertiny LED components we have today or they were too expensive for a modelkit.
Aoshima released KITT plastic modelkit in 1/24 scale years ago, I think late 2000's which has optional working LED scanner unit. KIFT's nose is much more rounded than KITT's but maybe that unit could be used for working scannerlight for KIFT as well? Not sure how the width fits in it though.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aoshima-41284-L ... XQR-dRFLGt

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Assasinge » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:24 am

Well i don't want to spend $15 on the scanner only to find out if doesn't fit or something in KIFT, so...

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:01 pm

I have the AMT KIFT and Aoshima KITT plastic models and sadly the Aoshima LED scanner won't fit due to the shape of the nose on the car. Would be awesome if it could work though!
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff