Fun with the morning commute

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mechanicjay
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Fun with the morning commute

Post by Mechanicjay » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:13 pm

I started the car the this morning and promptly started a 20 minute cut of the "Mouth of the Snake" soundtrack I found on Soundcloud.

It made my commute about 1000x more enjoyable as I felt like I was on a clandestine mission the whole way.

:)

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Re: Fun with the morning commute

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:12 pm

Well lucky for you, my mom won't let me play anything in the car is other than whatever she wants to play...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:27 pm

Cool, have done the same, played Knight Rider music while driving, KITT talking soundclips, etc., the "Test drive" music from Pilot episode is especially fun :)
Driving now a 2016 Kia Rio which has nothing reminding about KITT, maybe the red digital display for trip computer but still fun to plug usb stick to the dash and listen some Knight Rider music while driving :D

Actually, the first two letters are the same as KITT, maybe my car is Knight Industries Automobile ;)

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:38 pm

Yo KITTFan, how'd you get all that good stuff to play in your car? Sittin' here with a Lexux from 2011 that looks like crap xD and want to play sounds from it and everything. In favt, I have the KITT app from the IOS appstore for like 3$ but it doesn't have bluetooth support.

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:52 pm

KITTfan wrote:Cool, have done the same, played Knight Rider music while driving, KITT talking soundclips, etc., the "Test drive" music from Pilot episode is especially fun :)
Driving now a 2016 Kia Rio which has nothing reminding about KITT, maybe the red digital display for trip computer but still fun to plug usb stick to the dash and listen some Knight Rider music while driving :D

Actually, the first two letters are the same as KITT, maybe my car is Knight Industries Automobile ;)
Ha! At least my ride this morning was period correct (1981):

I've yet to pump KR tunes while driving my baby (1983 Rx-7):

I've always though the 1st Gen Rx-7s would make a great TV/Movie car...
I wonder what an Rx-7 imagined as a Knight Industries 1500 would look like?

Seriously though, a bit of extra KR fun for me is that there are a bunch of Rx-7s in background shots all through the show. There is a particular silver one that keeps showing up through seasons 2 and 3 (must have been a studio car or something), even being a main character's cars in an episode, though I don't remember which one at the moment.. I should go through do a definitive cataloging of Rx-7 appearances in KR...

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:41 pm

Assasinge wrote:Yo KITTFan, how'd you get all that good stuff to play in your car? Sittin' here with a Lexux from 2011 that looks like crap xD and want to play sounds from it and everything. In favt, I have the KITT app from the IOS appstore for like 3$ but it doesn't have bluetooth support.
Just copying the mp3's in my computer to usb memory stick and plugging it in to the usb port in my car :)

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:47 pm

Mechanicjay wrote:
KITTfan wrote:Cool, have done the same, played Knight Rider music while driving, KITT talking soundclips, etc., the "Test drive" music from Pilot episode is especially fun :)

Ha! At least my ride this morning was period correct (1981):

I've yet to pump KR tunes while driving my baby (1983 Rx-7):

I've always though the 1st Gen Rx-7s would make a great TV/Movie car...
I wonder what an Rx-7 imagined as a Knight Industries 1500 would look like?

Seriously though, a bit of extra KR fun for me is that there are a bunch of Rx-7s in background shots all through the show. There is a particular silver one that keeps showing up through seasons 2 and 3 (must have been a studio car or something), even being a main character's cars in an episode, though I don't remember which one at the moment.. I should go through do a definitive cataloging of Rx-7 appearances in KR...
Cool cars and especially love the Mazda RX-7!
My first car was 1982 Mazda 323 (Mazda GLC in the USA) 3-door Hatchback and there was similar beige Mazda GLC as a background car in many Knight Rider episodes :)

Assasinge
FLAG Assistant

Post by Assasinge » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 pm

Where do you get all the sounds or mp3s? It's hard to find all of KITT's voices on youtube or elsewhere and I don't wanna download an entire soundboard one by one.

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:41 am

Assasinge,

This is a good place to start, but I fear it's a not-so-kosher rip:
https://soundcloud.com/i76war/don-peake ... -the-snake

I think though that the following are the better, legal way to acquire, which are on my wishlist:
Volume 1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IYDMLLQ/re ... U5BJBKRM83
Volume 2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002O5YG4U/re ... 4UY5U5RXXU
Volume 3: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002O5YG54/re ... P0SL5K88F9

A super duper collection which is heinously expensive on amazon, but you can pickup for like $25 bucks on iTunes:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000B57SNQ/re ... QM15QV9DKV

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:37 am

Have bought those music cd's and as for soundclips, some have ripped myself from the vhs episodes, used to rip also all musical scenes from few favourite episodes like Soul Survivor, Knightmares and so on which aren't on those official music cd's. Then there used to be lot of soundclips in some websites. I don't have every KITT phrases or sounds or even all the music but enough for listening sometimes.
Would be fun if Stu Phillips and Don Peake could do more music from Knight Rider available.

Knight Rider's use of synthesizers gave me life long interest in listening more synth/electronic music, the 80's synthpop was my favourite genre, later listened the 90's eurodance and trance. Recently have enjoyed listening the New Retro Wave music from youtube, there's just something macigal at least for me in those 80's analogue electronic synth sounds :)

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:01 am

I'm half surprised that nobody brought up trying to include that KITT specialized model GPS unit that came out onto the market about eight or so years ago.

Or...maybe it's far too unique of a relic to have been common to find.

Not so hard. 'kitt gps knight rider' brings up 7 listings in e-bay. (As of this typing.) Oh...only 5 are actual GPS units. None are as cheap as I was expecting, either. $90 to $350.

Mechanicjay
Rookie

Post by Mechanicjay » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:14 am

I already have a Garmin and went down a frustrating black hole last year trying to get the KITT voicepack for it.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 10504.html

The bits just seem to have evaporated from the internets.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:40 pm

Here are some links to the official scores for some of the episodes and Knight Rider 2000 through iTunes (USA). iTunes used to have The Best of Don Peake Vol. 1 through 3 up for download as well but it looks as though they've been removed. There aren't digital releases available at the moment for volumes 4, 5, and 6. But this is a good start:

Knight Rider (Film Score Monthly):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/knigh ... d291147836

Knight Rider 2000 Theme by Jan Hammer:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/knigh ... =130204735
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff