Knight 2000 talking car rebuild

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

SPEEDBREAKER
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight 2000 talking car rebuild

Post by SPEEDBREAKER » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Here is a Knightrider talking car I got from ebay that did not talk. So I added scanner lights fiberoptics and small fake tv. I hope you like it.
http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/SP ... 0pictures/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Re: Knight 2000 talking car rebuild

Post by AZKNIGHT » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 am

Wow...that's pretty cool. Great work!
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:11 am

What did you use for the scanner and the dash to light them up :shock: :kitt:
There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile

SPEEDBREAKER
Recruit

Post by SPEEDBREAKER » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:51 pm

The sanner was from a kit in a tran shop in NJ. It came with half red and half yellow lights so I had to buy some more red ones seperatly. It was a bit disapointing because the lights only went in one direction.So I had to rearange them so it would look like it was going back and forth.The red scanner cover was made from a square acrilic rod I had to heat up over the stove to bend it to shape and drill holes to fit the lights. The dashbord lights are from a Star Treck Enterprise D and a cheap fiber optic toy flashlight.The TV was made from a magnafing glass and a 35mm piece of film from the show. It all runs on a 9 volt batterie that fits in where the C batterie was. The voice ajuster slide is where the on and off switch is.The doors were reinforced with thicker plastic and epoxie on the inside. I body filed the mold marks in the headlight covers.The only things missing are the batterie cover and th voice box unit.I would have liked to put in two TV's and have it talk but I am happy with it. It came out better than I thought it would.
(SPEEDBREAKER) Louis F.