Those Pesky Stairs...

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Those Pesky Stairs...

Post by Joe Huth » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

As we all know, Knight Rider had a habit of reusing filming locations, actors and sets. Here's one that I always liked...the "Staircase" set. This set first premiered in season three's "Halloween Knight" and was used in at LEAST 7 episodes total. I always found it amusing how they were able to disguise it...

First appearance, in "Halloween Knight", as a room at the FLAG mansion (incidentally, the inspiration for this set may have come from Arden Villa, which has a staircase very similar to this in the foyer):

"Knight in Disgrace", as Boyd's computer lab. Stairs aren't shown, but the set is the same:

"Out of the Woods", as Jonathan Dutton's home:

"Hills of Fire", as a computer lab at FLAG HQ. The stairs are hidden behind the computer wall:

"Knight Flight to Freedom", as part of the capitol building:

"Fright Knight", hidden in the background, on a soundstage:

And finally, from everyone's favorite episode, "Voo Doo Knight", at Hirana's party:

Did I miss any? Let me know!

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Co-author of Knight Rider Legacy

knightendo77
Operative

Re: Those Pesky Stairs...

Post by knightendo77 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 am

Don't forget about Goliath Returns... aren't those the stairs featured during and after Garth's attack on FLAG? ;)
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

DarylKnight
Rookie

Post by DarylKnight » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 am

actually, I was led to believe the foyer scene in Goliath Returns, was the real foyer of the "knight rider house" (as I always called it as a kid). I am led to believe this, because in the movie with Jack Lemmon and James Garner where they were ex US Presidents (can't think of the name as of now), this house was used in it, with it's updated yellow paint scheme and all, and the foyer seemed identical to the one Goliath Returns. I haven't seen this in a while, but I do remember noticing it. I'm sure one of you awesome guru's out there will be able to run with this, and even screen cap it! Happy Hunting!! :mrgreen:

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:31 pm

Yep, that is correct..."Goliath Returns" utilized Arden Villa, not the staircase set.

And the movie you are thinking of is "My Fellow Americans"

Joe
Knight Rider Historian - visit my website: http://www.KnightRiderHistorians.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:06 pm

har har, voodoo knight. if i have time i watch it at work cause we're an RTN affiliate but don't broadcast it. the other night was voodoo knight. i didn't finish things until like 8:40 so couldn't see the first part of the episode but was relieved it was that one. cause... it really is the worst episode ever.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Maybe you can answer this then, since you are an RTN affiliate. Why are some episodes shown uncut, while others are the syndicated version? I'm not talking just about the 2 hour eps, that I can understand, but the 1 hour ones as well?

Joe

kitt1
FLAG Recruit

Post by kitt1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Joe,
Great info! You never cease to amaze me. How about Devon's office? Was the set a recreation of a room at Arden Villa? Do you have any screen caps of it? Did it ever change over the four seasons?

thanks,
Mark Puette
SOUTHERN KNIGHTS

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:53 am

I don't think so, as devon's office was built for the pilot,before they used Arden villa. I do have pics of nearly every room at Arden so I will have to check. We can discuss tomorrow :)

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Maybe you can answer this then, since you are an RTN affiliate. Why are some episodes shown uncut, while others are the syndicated version? I'm not talking just about the 2 hour eps, that I can understand, but the 1 hour ones as well?

Joe
ha.. just because we play RTN shows doesn't mean i work at RTN. if i was the master control person at RTN and inputted all the shows, i would likely have an answer for you.. however we just see what you see. the shows air normally with commercials. RTN sends out tones to our machine to tell us when to trigger our own local commercials, which just cover their national ones.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;