The Hoff!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TURBOBOOST27
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The Hoff!

Post by TURBOBOOST27 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:36 pm

Couldn,t the Hoff buy the rights to KR08 or something along those lines and be the executive prodcer/ show runner, considering that he'll know exactly whats good nd what'll work for the show? :kitt2:
Dayne Rampersad

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Re: The Hoff!

Post by Knight007 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:58 am

I dont think its that simple. if it was like that, he would have doen it long time ago.
If I Remember correctly, he was interested in KR movie but it didnt get completed becuase Glen and NBC share the rights. so not much room for him to move in, you know?

Personaly I wish if he could do that because it will mean that a man from the show will be able to run another version of it. its like a player how leaves playing to become the coach.
but if you ask me, I think NBC will never give up KR rights. not because they like it or they want to try one more time. but because they are scared it will work out with some one else and they will be shown as losers one more time Image :kitt:

aussie muscle
Recruit
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by aussie muscle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:45 am

Isn't the rule in hollywood 'never use your own money to make movies' ?? :twisted:

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:21 am

TURBOBOOST27 wrote:Couldn,t the Hoff buy the rights to KR08 or something along those lines and be the executive prodcer/ show runner, considering that he'll know exactly whats good nd what'll work for the show? :kitt2:
I don't think he would be interested in those rights. In his own words: "It had its run". Initially he wanted to be a part of the show and according to several interviews he would be nothing but happy to star only two or maybe three episodes, tops! Another thing he suggested was that he could play Devon's role and guide Traceur through the missions but neither GST or the network showed any interest whatsoever in including him.
Ever been in a situation were you're the plan B option? In case everything goes wrong they'll include you just to give it a second chance? I don't think the Hoff wants to feel that way. If anything I think he would prefer to press the "RESET" button and do everything over!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:42 pm

Knight-Armen wrote:Initially he wanted to be a part of the show and according to several interviews he would be nothing but happy to star only two or maybe three episodes, tops! Another thing he suggested was that he could play Devon's role and guide Traceur through the missions but neither GST or the network showed any interest whatsoever in including him.
More reasons to hate GST and NBC.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;