Great news for my KR project

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: Great news for my KR project

Post by Matthew » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Is it Custom Made Killer you're thinking of Phoenix, where D.G. Grebs employs a mobile hitman from Germany, as the hitman uses the carwash to change the red and white paintjob on his car to a pale green color in this episode?

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Indeed, ugh I even looked through the episode guide to try and refresh my memory and looked at the preview clip for some episodes, including that one looking for a reference to it but there wasn't one. :lol: I'm kind of surprised they left it out of the preview.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:28 pm

Sorry, but after watching the video........ I really don't get it! I know its only for 'fun', but the way it was hyped up I was expecting sooooo much more, total anticlimax I'm afraid.

I respect that editing is a skill that takes some serious practice and a hell of a lot of skill, but some of the cuts really don't work - One second MK and Devon are talking about 'the KARR' the next moment MK is in KITT turbo boosting over traffic.

I think next time a more low key 'Hi guys I would like some feedback on a little video I made for fun' approach might be better.

To claim this is 'Great news for KR' is someone over exagerated, yes its good to see someone trying something 'new' but I am afraid its far from being 'great'.
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:08 am

LoL Ok guys..... I'm trying to remain fair and balanced on this, but I kinda feel like their is a target on my head and for whatever reason a few of you guys just got it out for this video. Yes I could have worded my thread a little differently, but for whatever reason I diden't. I guess that's just my A.D.D in effect. Yes I might have been in a bit of a bad mood during a reply when I got some jackass PM me talking smack.

Chris Jones had 3 or 4 posts in this thread before he even said he watched the video...

I have said numerous times... I said numerous times that this was just a preview. It was a collection of random scenes to get you guys interested in the story. Did I put all the best clips in there... NO. Use a little imigination to fill in the gaps..... I shoulden't have to spell the *?$# out for you guys. Some people said it quit making sense first michael and devon are talking then their michael and Kitt turbo boosting through trafic... Common sense might tell you that was a snippit from a chase scene. Try and put 2 and 2 togther. Since we never seen the inner workings of turbo boost in TOS and since Graiman built both cars you might conclude that turbo boost worked the same way in both cars.

Now when the new knight rider08 came out and they did something away from the KR general storyline you guys accepted it, and or thought of different ways and came up with conclusions on why or how that it coulda happened. Meaning you conformed your ideas to what the new KR was comming out with. Regardless if it made sense from the overall storyline of KR to begin with. I don't understand why my creative vision is getting dumped on so hard by only a few select critics. SOme of these guys were negative about it before they even watched the dam thing.

Out of all the cool fan contributed things I have seen on here, I thought people would be much more warm and open to something that when finished will be really cool.

I can assure I have covered the vast majority of great scenes from the original KR as well as KR08. No need to submit ideas because I already got it covered.

I thought you guys would really enjoy that fact that I plugged the site.

Next you guys are gonna say that Garthe should not be making an appearence.... Whoops did I say that?
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:22 am

It was a collection of random scenes to get you guys interested in the story. Did I put all the best clips in there... NO. Use a little imigination to fill in the gaps..... I shoulden't have to spell the *?$# out for you guys.
Maybe not, BUT you did claim that this 'collection of random scenes' as you now describe it is 'Great news for KR'. That statement alone was what set you up for critisizm. Its for the watchers to decide if this video is 'Great News', not you.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, Its not a personal dig - I'm simply trying to help you understand why some people are less impressed than others. :D

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:25 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Indeed, ugh I even looked through the episode guide to try and refresh my memory and looked at the preview clip for some episodes, including that one looking for a reference to it but there wasn't one. :lol: I'm kind of surprised they left it out of the preview.
Yep, just like Matt said it is Season Three's Custom Made Killer , Zero. Also you can find the Custom Made Killer car "spec" on page 190 of what? That's right, The Knight Rider Companion!

Also they did show the car in the preview but you probably didn't recognize it because it had the cowcatcher bumper up and was already green and white at the time Grebb's hits Michael (head on) in the parking lot. Page 496's episode description in my book is vague so I didn't spoil the suprises in the episode for people who may not have seen it.

Might want to check that teaser again ;)

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... de_killer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=
:dash:

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:27 am

Victor Kros wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Indeed, ugh I even looked through the episode guide to try and refresh my memory and looked at the preview clip for some episodes, including that one looking for a reference to it but there wasn't one. :lol: I'm kind of surprised they left it out of the preview.
It's Season Three's Custom Made Killer , Zero. Also you can find the Custom Made Killer car "spec" on page 190 of what? That's right, The Knight Rider Companion!

Also they did show the car in the preview but you probably didn't recognize it because it had the cowcatcher bumper up and was already green and white at the time Grebb's hits Michael (head on) in the parking lot. Page 496's episode description in my book is vague so I didn't spoil the suprises in the episode for people who may not have seen it.

Might want to check that teaser again ;)

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... de_killer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=
:dash:
DUDE - Gotta give you props for knowing your KR :-P

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:10 am

Yeah, I saw the car but I was looking for the comment about Michael and KITT losing it and the car wash thing. :lol:

Oh and you have a book out? :O ;) Seriously though, I can't believe I forgot to look in there. :oops:
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:20 pm

aight guys keep the REVIEWS of the preview coming!!! Looking foward to checking out the responses.

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Mon May 04, 2009 11:11 am

aight guys after a little break I am jumping back into editing this week to finish the movie this week. i will be cleaning up any mis edits etc. Almost 800 views on here I was hoping from some more reviews.