what i would have done with KR08

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dannyknight
Stranger

what i would have done with KR08

Post by dannyknight » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:59 am

Hey all, im new to the board and i used to watch the original series and loved it, it made my saturday mornings :D. i also love the new series albeit i prefer the "reboot" episodes. this post is quite long so before u read it probs best to make a cup of tea haha.
The main things i would remove from KR08 would be;
-get rid of the transformations except for attack mode but even then i would have Kitt transformed in a more mechanical way like in season 4 of the original series. i can understand why they would use the truck but in those cases i would just have kitt raise up on his suspension and operate a 4x4 system a bit like in the Viper tv series
-get rid of the KR logo under kitt
-charles graiman would still be alive
-i would keep the terrorist of the week them until the Karr episode- you'll find out why below

And this is what i would have done with the episodes:

KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOUR:
-I would have mike getting the files instead of sarah
-i would reduce the amount of time trying to deal with the missle: kitt would just avoid it but when mike gets back to the SSC, carrie would tell mike that the people who were trying to catch him now believe he is dead and he needs to think of a new identity to increase the security of the missions. hence he is now micheal knight which would come at the end.
-there would have been a "search" for the package i.e. looking for clues to it whereabouts like the original series.
-there would be a car chase between kitt and the villain instead of ending up in the train station.

JOURNEY TO THE END OF THE KNIGHT:
-there would have been an extra race as mike gets deeper in the gang
-mike would not have been buried in the sand and sarah saves him- it would be the other way round
-finally kitt would not have been immobilised by the villains gadget- there would have been a car chase which results in the villains car going over the cliff

KNIGHT OF THE IQUANA:
-Zoe would not have been there first of all plus sarah and billy would not have joined them
-this means that mike would have had to try and gain entry into the motorhome- he then gets caught and knocked out.
-when mike and kitt are reunited its a race against time to get to the villains before they blow up the power plant and when they reach them, there is more of a battle between the villains weapons and kitt

A HARD DAYS KNIGHT:
-not much other than getting rid of the minivan transformation

KNIGHT OF THE HUNTER:
-Not much again but kitt would obviously not be a truck

KNIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD:
-nothing

NO I WANNA ROCK N ROLL ALL KNIGHT COS I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING TO MAKE IT BETTER

KNIGHT OF THE ZODIAC:
-not much other than less focus on billys romantic adventure and kitt wouldn't transform into the flex

KNIGHT FEVER:
-i would have had kitt infected sooner but he only shows a few problems such as out of focus screen, slower speeds and functions out of action until towards the end.

DON'T STOP THE KNIGHT AND DAY TURNS INTO KNIGHT:
-Nothing

KNIGHT TO KINGS PAWN:
this episode i would change quite alot.
- first of all i would make it a two parter
-karr would be the original karr

PART 1;
- it would start off with graimans funeral with the people who want to use kitts ai to reactivate karr also there. david hasslehoff would also have had a cameo at the funeral. mike would also look at the villains with a " you look familar" look on his face.
-after the funeral it would cut to graiman running through a forest to try and make contact with mike and sarah. it would then be the intro
- after the intro it would be like the actual episode except when mike, billy and zoe are trying to find kitt they still don't know about karr fully.
- in the bit where sarah accesses the FLAG funds thats when graiman stumbles into the lounge and tells her to go with him back to the USA to help mike.
- when mike is trying to figure out how he knew the guys at the funeral sarah and graiman walk in and stun the three of them. this is where graiman tells mike about his involvment with Karr
- graiman tells mike that he was the driver of karr and the others about karr( HERES THE DIALOGUE)
MIKE: SO WHAT IS KARR
GRAIMAN: KARR USED TO STAND FOR KNIGHT AUTOMATED ROVING ROBOT AND HE WAS WILTON KNIGHT'S PROTOTYPE FOR KITT TWO THOUSAND. WHEN WILTON REALISED HE HADN'T PROGRAMMED KARR PROPERLY HE BROUGHT ME IN TO HELP HIM CREATE KITT. AFTER KITT WAS FINISHED I CARRIED ON DEVELOPING ARTIFICAL INTELLIGENCE. HOWEVER KARR WAS NEVER DESTROYED AND SO WHEN HE GOT LOOSE TWICE YOUR FATHER MIKE HAD TO STOP HIM. AT THE END OF THEIR LAST BATTLE HOWEVER KARRS CPU WAS STILL ACTIVE. MEANWHILE YOU WERE JUST JOINING THE ARMY AND THEY NEEDED A NEW WEAPON TO HELP THEM FIGHT WARS. THEY RESTORED KARRS CPU AND PUT HIM INTO A EXOSKELETON ROBOT HOPING HE WOULD HELP THEM. HOWEVER BECAUSE HE IS DRIVEN BY REVENGE HE TURNED ON THE ARMY AND KILLED 7 OF YOUR GROUP MIKE.
MIKE: BUT WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER ANY OF THIS?
GRAIMAN: BECAUSE THEY REMOVED YOUR MEMORY OF THE EVENTS AND DISABLED KARR. WHEN I HEARD ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED I KNEW IT WAS TIME TO DEVELOP THE NEXT GENERATION OF KITT. HOWEVER THE FBI HAD DIIFERENT PLANS FOR KITTS AI. WHEN HIS AI HAD DELEVOPED ENOUGH THEY WERE GOING TO USE IT TO REPROGRAME KARR BUT I STOOD IN THE WAY. THATS THE REASON WHY THEY TOLD YOU I WAS DEAD- SO THAT THEY COULD PUSH AHEAD WITH KARR. DESPITE THIS KARR IS A DEVASTING WEAPON AND KITT WOULD BE THE ONLY HOPE OF STOPPING HIM
MIKE: SO WE NEED TO GET KITT BACK AND DESTROY KARR FOR GOOD THIS TIME
( INCLUDED IN THIS DIALOGUE THERE ARE CLIPS OF THE ORIGINAL BATTLES BETWEEN KARR AND KITT)

mike then would get kitt back and escape.
- Karr hearing this news then tries to to transform into the robot but torres stops him telling him that he cant transform without a control panel. karr however still goes after mike and kitt.

PART 2:

- at the start of the of part 2 there would be a short battle between kitt and karr as mustangs which ends up in karr escaping to try and regain full control of his systems.
- back at the ssc sarah and graiman try and repair all kitts systems and help him gain his memories back for a bit until they get a phone call from the DOD who tells mike and co that karr came back and has taken torres in order to gain the control panel to be able to transform and they need to mike and kitt to retrive him.
- after a series of clues they find karr preparing to transform in the desert. they try and stop him before he transforms but are unsuccessful so they have to battle karr like in the actual episode.
-sarah and graiman then starts about recreating FLAG but before the end credits back at the desert we see karrs scanner flash and then fade into the dark.

ALL REBOOT EPISODES CAN STAY THE SAME

So what do u think? what would u have done?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: what i would have done with KR08

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Not bad, you seem to be agreeing with a few people on here about the problems in the episodes.

What I would have done I wrote in a fanfic. The link is in my sig.

m3mikey
Stranger

Post by m3mikey » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:39 pm

I think there are two many referernces back to the orginal series.. its cool for us (huge fans of orginal series) to want theses references to take place, however the fact of the matter is THEY WILL NOT!!!! i am not trying to bash what you just wrote.. again its a neat thought... however if they have not done it through a hole 1st season... then its just not going to happen. We all have to just except that they are not going to, they have absolutley no interest in doing that, and i can assure you they have even more little interest in bringing the HOFF.. back for any scenes... when the show was (and still is) struggling badly that would have been the time to do that... for ratings purpose... when they where really in the crapper.. they would have done it then to get a quick boost... they didn't!!!! The fact of the matter is they want this show to take on a completely different identity than the orginal series... they want to move on FARRRRR past it and knowing that fans of the orginally series will most likely be tuning in know matter what the plot lines are, and also to try and grab the younger audience i.e. transformers like special effects... it is what it is... i may not like it 100% but we are not sitting in a board room trying debating the best course of action for this show to performance the best and MAKE MONEY... that is a bunch of EXES... for NBC in Hollywood!!!! And again sorry but they really really dont give a crap about us and what we think.....

P.S.

I enjoyed reading your version of what you would have done :)

Knight94
Operative

Post by Knight94 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:04 pm

One thing, m3mikey: This is not a reboot, or remake, it's a continuation. References to KR TOS would be fairly
common. It's not really supposed to take on a totally different identity than the first series.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:19 pm

KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR was dissatisfying as far as plot openings go. Micheal Knight reemerges in the lamest way. But we also get no meat on Mike Traceur's chasers, and the girl with the same tattoo as he has. And then the visuals were really not that stunning beyond speeding fireball KITT. Supposedly, KITT was speeding over 300 mph, but we didn't see an acceleration in speed, and we sure as hell didn't see him switch to ATTACK MODE (which Mike clearly pointed out KITT hasn't yet done in this mode)...it was just bad editing.

The first episode would have worked if it wasn't pieced together like a comic book.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 am

do you think NBC will give a chance for all those points to be addresed in a 2nd season? I hope so Image :kitt:

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:57 pm

I have alot of ideas as to how, I would have liked the show to be, but I figured these ideas are enough.

1. Get rid of K.I3.T. transforming into other "Ford Vehicles" & have its regular Mustang form just configure itself with advance functions for any situation.
2. Kept the cast down to a minium of 3 players (Mike, Sarah & Dr. Graiman) and utilized Sidney Tamiia Poiter's character as a guest spot and not as a "regular" for certain episodes that require her characters' FBI credentials.
3. Mike Tracuer should have become Micheal Knight at the end of the pilot and not during the season opener.
4. Some of the "terrorist of the week episodes" were good, but could've been written way better.
5. I would like to see an episode of KR08 that bridges its continuity with TOS in order to explain what happened to F.L.A.G., K.I.2.T. & Micheal Knight.
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 pm

I agree with Stealthwalker. But I do like the other characters. They do bring a different aspect to things. Since re-boot It's Micheal and KITT on the road. But they give him the support he needs. Billy,Zoe and Sarah are very smart. But with Sarah's new duties, she would need some help. And that's where Billy and Zoe come in.