The cruise scenes that made KNIGHT RIDER

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The cruise scenes that made KNIGHT RIDER

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:53 am

It was what got you loving KITT, and I think they need to be brought in if and when the second season comes about (man, I hope there sure is a second season)

I'm just not good at writing letters to anyone responsible to keeping Knight Rider alive. But, I will do my best at giving you all the ideas that I would like to see stay alive.

KNIGHT RIDER's Cruising scenes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QetmUq_Qkhw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCXbHPUm56Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Man, KITT was cool. Too cool to make proper lane changes :lol:

Ontario Knight
Operative

Re: The cruise scenes that made KNIGHT RIDER

Post by Ontario Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:51 am

I agree and the music that went along with those scenes ready stood out in my mind of TOS. I posted a month back about what music we would like to hear on the show. More scenes of KITT driving in the desert would be a nice touch.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:16 am

I absolutely agree. The driving scenes with great music are a very sweet part of the original show. They should give KI3T the more airtime, because everybody likes to see KITT driving.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:34 am

Those scenes were a big part of the Original Series, and were a really cool way to introduce Michael and K.I.T.T. at the start of each episode -- you know: a crime is committed, then you cut to Michael and K.I.T.T. speeding down the highways to the theme tune. Goliath had it, Knight of the Drones, Knights of the Fast Lane, Knight of the Chameleon... I love the sequence in Goliath Returns when they screech out of FLAG HQ to follow the oil drops with the KR fanfare blasting. It was all part of the identity of that show.

Strangely, those montages started to disappear in the fourth season, and the new series doesn't look like it'll go that route. The episodes now are also shorter (more ad breaks), and a minute-long montage would come at the expense of the story.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:50 am

Really good point!!! These scenes for me had some purpose. The relationship between Michael and Kitt was much stronger and grew bigger because they spend together so much time on the road. Also many episodes were supported by MIchael and Kitt 's cruises. Passing by a place somebody needed help and there they are!!!!
I' ve posted that several times before. I had enough of this terrorist hunting. What the show needs is every day stories at least from time to time. The only thing we hear now in every episode is "a terrorist this" or "a terorist that". Hope you agree with me and also that we see a season two!

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:43 pm

standgeo wrote:Really good point!!! These scenes for me had some purpose. The relationship between Michael and Kitt was much stronger and grew bigger because they spend together so much time on the road. Also many episodes were supported by MIchael and Kitt 's cruises. Passing by a place somebody needed help and there they are!!!!
I' ve posted that several times before. I had enough of this terrorist hunting. What the show needs is every day stories at least from time to time. The only thing we hear now in every episode is "a terrorist this" or "a terorist that". Hope you agree with me and also that we see a season two!
Definately and get some 80's retro sometimes would be nice to hit the 18-34 or 18-49 demo that we talk about so much.....hehe

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:25 pm

Knight Rider Archive wrote:Those scenes were a big part of the Original Series, and were a really cool way to introduce Michael and K.I.T.T. at the start of each episode -- you know: a crime is committed, then you cut to Michael and K.I.T.T. speeding down the highways to the theme tune. Goliath had it, Knight of the Drones, Knights of the Fast Lane, Knight of the Chameleon... I love the sequence in Goliath Returns when they screech out of FLAG HQ to follow the oil drops with the KR fanfare blasting. It was all part of the identity of that show.

Strangely, those montages started to disappear in the fourth season, and the new series doesn't look like it'll go that route. The episodes now are also shorter (more ad breaks), and a minute-long montage would come at the expense of the story.
I agree and yeah, with the new show having roughly, six to eight minutes less time per episode they really need to "trim the fat" so to speak. Unfortunately they've had problems with that, especially in the first episode and its terrible pacing. Not to mention the large cast where it seemed like much of the time at least one of them were off doing something we didn't see and other issues.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: