Did they STOP airing Knight Rider?

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Did they STOP airing Knight Rider?

Post by Shadowy Flight » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Ok I'm usually not in the dark about these things and I try to refrain from asking stupid questions, but I've been checking the forums everyday and I haven't seen anybody asking this question yet, so if you did, then I apologize. But did they stop airing KR these past few weeks for a reason or was it just coincidence that Rosie was on Wednesday, last Wednesday was the tree lighting and tomorrow is some animated Christmas movie? I'm really surprised no one has come on the board and address this yet. Then all of a sudden I see a countdown clock on the main menu saying it returns in 20 something days. Really? Why so long? It can't be a coincidence then that all these other "specials" are filling the 8-9pm void on Wednesdays. This is really going to mess up my research thesis that I have to hand in in 2 weeks. I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light on the subject. Thank you.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Did they STOP airing Knight Rider?

Post by weeezl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:52 pm

They took a six week break in filming after Knight Of The Zodiac aired

On the 31st of this month its business as usual, Ep 9 Knight Fever.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Not completely accurate there. They never stopped filming, and because they didn't they've been able to get to episode 17 before the series was shortened.

Here is my take on why NBC pushed the episodes for a number of reasons:

- They have alot of holiday stuff airing that's pushed them off the schedule
- Shows often go into break over the holidays cause they know that people are busy with family.
- They knew the show was retooling and this extra time gave the cast and crew more time to make the episodes in January last.
- Knight Rider was negatively on some peoples minds. Since the reboot is a different tone potentially, it makes sense for peoples minds to forget about what they saw and cleanse the palette. Since it will be almost two months between new episodes, NBC can push the PR machine again and they have the proof of time behind them to say that this is indeed a new Knight Rider.

We just got to hope people tune in.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:41 pm

neps wrote:Not completely accurate there. They never stopped filming, and because they didn't they've been able to get to episode 17 before the series was shortened.

Here is my take on why NBC pushed the episodes for a number of reasons:

- They have alot of holiday stuff airing that's pushed them off the schedule
- Shows often go into break over the holidays cause they know that people are busy with family.
- They knew the show was retooling and this extra time gave the cast and crew more time to make the episodes in January last.
- Knight Rider was negatively on some peoples minds. Since the reboot is a different tone potentially, it makes sense for peoples minds to forget about what they saw and cleanse the palette. Since it will be almost two months between new episodes, NBC can push the PR machine again and they have the proof of time behind them to say that this is indeed a new Knight Rider.

We just got to hope people tune in.
Ah, cheers for clearing that one up, I thought they had stopped filming for that duration to re-write scripts for the upcoming reboot episodes.

Hopefully this hiatus will have the desired effect on the viewers and any previous negative thoughts of the show will be forgotten with the proposed changes in store. Time to look at Knight Rider with a fresh pair of eyes as I'm thinking it will be much like the post Feb reboot all over again.

Please NBC, advertise this right, Knight Rider has the potential to be a big hit and you know it.

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:14 am

thanks for the 411 guys. But wait, does that mean they ditch the remaining episodes featuring Charles, Alex and Carrie? Because if its like Neps said then that means a fresh palette starts the reboot as soon as they get back on the air. That sucks. Does that mean we miss the filler episodes and jump right into the reboot? I understand the holiday break and all, but those other shows that go on after Knight Rider, how come they're not being interrupted? Anyone know? Thanks
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:33 pm

Chuck, Heroes, and Life will be on hiatus as well. There's however will be in January. They finish up their fall run in the next week or so. New episodes of those shows return in February.

No we will see the leaving cast members in episodes 10,11, and 12. Their exit is storyline driven. This reboot has been planned for a long time. Severe consequences in these next episodes result in the characters leaving. The episodes sound like MUST SEE TV.