Video: Comic Con crowd

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Video: Comic Con crowd

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Here's some raw footage of the crowd gathering to see the KITT reveal. Based upon the time stamp, it looks like this was about 30-45 minutes before the actual event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX1DRaAdkMg
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Re: Video: Comic Con crowd

Post by Kaine » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:07 pm

i so do hope this is the new theme song for the show!!! it's awesome... modern, yet classic Knight Rider... and much more recognizable than the theme song of the 2-hour movie!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Kaine wrote:i so do hope this is the new theme song for the show!!! it's awesome... modern, yet classic Knight Rider... and much more recognizable than the theme song of the 2-hour movie!
The music has actually been used already for the very first commercial for the backdoor pilot as well as a few others. I don't think it's strong enough to be an opening theme. It feels better suited for commercials or background/mission music during episodes. I haven't heard anything so far that would suggest that the main theme would be redone again, but it's still possible. I was always content with the backdoor pilot's theme, anyway, even if it was never as iconic as the original.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:12 pm

I like it! Reminds me a bit of Toni Numella's KR theme. That rocked! :) I like the new tune though. I liked the one they used in the pilot too but this new one sounds more like a nod to the original. I too hope they use it as the actual theme to the show.

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this video, I saw myself in it. At the time I too was recording, because I liked the theme song. By the way does anyone subscribe to V-cast, I was interviewed by the Verizon V-cast reporter and she interviewed the KR cast members as well, I wish there was a way someone could get the video interview posted so I could see it. :kitt2:

Matt H.