My computerized kitt replica

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

kittsupercar
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My computerized kitt replica

Post by kittsupercar » Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 am

Hi everybody, my name is Marco and this is my replica:

http://www.kittsupercar.com/4.html
http://www.kittsupercar.com/5.html

I made it from a 1982 Trans Am , i start my work last year and now is almost ready, i think to finish before this summer.

Thankyou :D
visit my new site, ( i wish soon in eglish) http://www.kittsupercar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Re: My computerized kitt replica

Post by Stylez » Tue May 06, 2008 12:41 pm

WOW :shock: My jaw is still on the floor, that's just wow man wow...did I mention WOW? That is one hell of an elite replica!

kittsupercar
Volunteer

Post by kittsupercar » Tue May 06, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm very happy, thankyou. I work very hardly to make my replica, now i'm working on the installation of the computer , i think i can finish in a Few days. Than i will work on programming Kitt , all the consolle , al the pushbutton are programmable to make all function i want, also the 4 monitors works separately so i can assign a specific program , like radar, to a specific monitor. There are also 2 webcam and 2 IR camera connected to the computer, i can made a communication via Skype or LiveMessenger, or assign a function ( like scanner goes on, or Kitt talk ) to be triggered when someone walk in the range field of the inernal or external camera.
Kitt have GPS function, USB, BlueThoot, Wi-Fi, H3G/GPRS Internet connection, remote web survelliance mode and so on.
To save the car battery when the car is off, i have made a 12V 80A ( 100 A max ) power supply, capable to power all the electronics into Kitt, so i can use all the system, and work on programming it :D Or simply see Knight Rider DVDs :wink:

I wish you can understand my english because is so poor :(

This is my frist post on this forum, i wish you can enjoy my Kitt.. :mrgreen:
visit my new site, ( i wish soon in eglish) http://www.kittsupercar.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stylez
FLAG Recruit

Post by Stylez » Tue May 06, 2008 7:04 pm

That's about as fully functional as you can get. Did you design the peripheral circuit boards yourself or did you have them made? Absolutely amazing integration I must say, I really like the use of the touch screen to mimic the lower console! I'll be checking your site out further later on via Google translation. Your english is great by the way, thanks for sharing and welcome to the board! :karr:

seeker78
FLAG Recruit

Post by seeker78 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:32 pm

wow, yes I agree, that car is awesome!!!! :)

does it have voice command capability? like can you say stuff and have the computer respond with clips from KR of KITT saying things???

regardless it is awesome :)

kittsupercar
Volunteer

Post by kittsupercar » Mon May 12, 2008 4:43 am

Yes of course, :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXSiVaFD ... com/5.html
I made this video before i put all the system in my car.

I will post a full demo video very soon, when i have finished to install the system into Kitt, that is not so easy to do.
The very touble was to power all the circuit with a stable 12V, so i have used some voltage regulators and inductive filters, 2 x 1,2Farad capacitors ( real audio Hi-End electrolytic cap, not the fake digital car audio cap ).

I made all my system by myself, some circuit boards come from Ebay, like the Relay Boards.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 13, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm totally *astounded*! WOW! I don't know anything but English and didn't get time to see all the videos but what I saw is totally amazing! You did some very amazing stuff with your car!

I've always wanted to add a Car PC to my car. Now I have a newer car and your giving me ideas. :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed May 21, 2008 10:14 am

this looks amazing, nice work! I like how you've backlit everything, even the gear shift. excellent job!

really great integration with the touch panels. is that something you figured out on your own?

jealous!

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat May 24, 2008 3:59 am

Wow is right! :shock: This car is more fun than all four seasons of the show combined! After watching those clips I would probably believe you if you told me the car really can drive itself. Perhaps it should, with all those things too look at you might not be watching the road as well as you should. It looks like you can watch TV and surf the web all while driving. You know, you’re making the new Mustang look bad.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat May 24, 2008 6:01 pm

P.S. Want to read that website in English.
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_ur ... =Translate
This link might help any Americans out there who are a little rusty on their Italian.
(Babelfish is of course the fish you stick in your ear from Hitchhikers guide that lets you understand any language. )
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

K2007
Operative

Post by K2007 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:18 pm

É BELLISSIMA!!!!!!!
McKurra: Read it, Karr.
KARR: But I -
McKurra: Read it.
KARR: -sigh- Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth...
KNIGHT RIDER 2020 - a series canon by Knightsong