K.I.T.T. EL T-shirt 2.0

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

dustindustries
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

K.I.T.T. EL T-shirt 2.0

Post by dustindustries » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:56 pm

I was delivered the sample of my new version of the K.I.T.T. t-shirt I have been working on, I hope to have the finished product within 2 weeks. The panel I received today didn`t have the velcro attached so I couldn`t wear it but I will have to wait until my return to Australia to rep it outside as I am not sure they would get it over here. I filmed some more sound bites from KITT and just uploaded it on Youtube, the panel is a bit larger than I expected but it I think it looks great in the dark and a small panel would have looked a bit off on it`s own without the other dash buttons.

Anyways check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eJjJkmIv48
DUST doesn`t RUST!

KnightGTP
Recruit

Re: K.I.T.T. EL T-shirt 2.0

Post by KnightGTP » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Looks Great! It's hard to say what one looks better. I still don't get how voice box works with kitts voice. Will the done product come with kitt sound clips or will the shirt just move with no sound?
1998 Pontiac GTP

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:09 pm

The shirt has a built in microphone and will be activated by sound, I would like to add sound but I think this a future project as it will require some expertise to add lighting AND sound to a shirt and make it compact and light enough to wear and will also add to the cost of production. I put on a Knight Rider dvd then when KITT is speaking the lights activate, the sensitivity can be adjusted with a small dial on the speaker/battery pack. DUST
DUST doesn`t RUST!

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:15 pm

That shirt is very, very cool.

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Thu May 01, 2008 7:28 pm

Knight Industries 3000 wrote:That shirt is very, very cool.
Thanks mate, it`s good to get some feedback on it whether it be good or bad it lets me know if I should make some changes. I liked the first design also but I just couldn`t get the lighting right. I will have 100 of these shirts for sale in about a week ( if all goes well ) and as I have made the design less complicated I have managed to get the cost down. They will be available for $40 U.S. or $39.99 if thats makes you feel any better. The panel is attached to the shirt by a velcro square so it can be removed for washing the t-shirt after those sweaty nights out. If you are interested drop me a line and be one of the first 100 people to be showing some K.I.T.T. love! DUSTINDUSTRIES :kitt:
DUST doesn`t RUST!

shanej074
Stranger

Post by shanej074 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:31 am

HI, I would like to buy the electronic t-shirt from you! it is absolutly awesome! Can you please let me know when and how I can buy this. Also, will you be making a scanning light t-shirt?
Shane. :kitt:

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:33 am

I am glad you like it Shane, I had the idea for a while and haven`t seen any shirts like this out there for Knight Rider. I was originally working on a scanner T but the flash I got back from the company would only go in one direction and not back and forth so I gave that idea up. I sent you an email about getting one of these puppies, represent.
DUST doesn`t RUST!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:30 am

hey dustin - did you ever get production shirts for sale? this shirt looks amazing.

corlando52
FLAG Recruit

Post by corlando52 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Hi! I've sent you a PM.

Chris

dustindustries
Recruit

Post by dustindustries » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:44 am

neps wrote:hey dustin - did you ever get production shirts for sale? this shirt looks amazing.
I produced 100 of them and am currently remixing my website so no advertising going on besides a few sales through the Youtube video. If you would like to purchase a shirt you can send me a PM.

I am days away from doing another video for a large scale poster I made using the voicebox panel and an original KR sleeping bag with Kitt dash scene and Hoff so keep your eyes peeled. #DUST
DUST doesn`t RUST!