Two Thousand / Three Thousand Comparison

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stargazer
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Two Thousand / Three Thousand Comparison

Post by Stargazer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:01 am

http://www.popularmechanics.com/automot ... 37588.html

On the "SPECIAL FEATURES COMPARISON" : I found some of it humorous, incorrect, and at least one thing interesting

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Mini-KITT Reconnaissance Drone <- Sounds like Viper - yet again

No mention of Turbo Boost - Yet

Stargazer
Operative

Re: Two Thousand / Three Thousand Comparison

Post by Stargazer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:10 am

I do not get the "edit" button for the above to make the web site hidden ("spoiler") so take this as a caution.
If what the web site says to be true about the vehicle features.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:20 am

You don't need a spoiler tag, this has been posted either on here and is actually just a little ways down. It was nothing more than a joke that Popular Mechanics went and ran with, apparently not being able to tell they were joking.

Here's the first topic on this:

viewtopic.php?f=1041&t=10523
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

KnightLady
Operative

Post by KnightLady » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:49 am

Even with looking at the picture comparison of the K2000 vs. K3000, I still like the looks of the old Trans Am compared to the new Mustang. The old T/A does look like it has more aerodynamics than the Mustang does. But, I guess I'll have to get used to it. :(

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:11 am

The TA does look better I doubt anyone can argue that.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Starship
Recruit

Post by Starship » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:30 am

How can they say that the original KITT didn't have an in-dash audio-video system? What were those screens to the right of the main gauges? And how about 360 degree video survailance? I distinctly remember Michael Knight, using the in-dash monitors, being able to watch an unscrupulious gas station attendant unsuccessfully try to puncture KITT's rear tires. And, perhaps most laughable of all, how in the world can that list say that the original KITT did not have keyless entry?!? All Michael had to do was call KITT from his wrist commlink, and KITT would start his engine, travel to him, and open the door! If that's not keyless entry, then I don't know what is!

This not to say anything bad about the new car or new series. I'm really curious to see what they do with this Mustang. I just found some of the comparisons on that Popular Mechanics chart downright laughable!
I try to put a little KITT in any car I own!