High Res Download Found!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

seven58o
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

High Res Download Found!

Post by seven58o » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 pm

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=75732

you know, i'm sick of all the complaining. we as fans have gotten almost everything we wanted - the dvds, KITT in a movie (even if it was bench warmers) and now its back people...they brought our show back to us! doesnt that alone make you want to jump up and scream it to everyone you know??? we had to expect they would use a different car. of COURSE we all had that place in the back of our heads secretly hoping and praying against all hopes and prayers they would just for us let KITT drive across the screen in his beautiful old body...but seriously? we knew it wouldnt happen. its just not practical. we should be working on trying to make what we're getting a success so that it will stay on for us to enjoy.

anyway. that said, it WOULD have been cool for them to unveil officially the new pontiac trans am concept as the new KITT but i guess it would have been hard to promote the show without showing the car... oh well : )

sweeeeeeet....

Nelson B
Operative

Re: High Res Download Found!

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:22 pm

I will second that. Okay I know we don't need Toni to work his magic on this because I know its been done already in one of the other threads.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:45 pm

seven58o wrote:http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=75732

you know, i'm sick of all the complaining. we as fans have gotten almost everything we wanted - the dvds, KITT in a movie (even if it was bench warmers) and now its back people...they brought our show back to us! doesnt that alone make you want to jump up and scream it to everyone you know???

But it isn't KITT.
There isnt Michael Knight.

We have a movie using a name from the show.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:00 pm

Well the best we can hope for is maybe some cameo's in future episodes? Throwing temper tantrums and such is not going to change the studio big wigs minds. They want to through millions of dollars out the window thats their right. I just hope if it does suck. Somebody should get a pink slip. But from looking at the 2 minute teaser it does look very promising. A little over a month to go before airing YAHOO.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:59 am

DrWho2005 wrote: But it isn't KITT.
It's a new KITT in the TV movie, the Knight Industries Three Thousand.
The original KITT is at least making a cameo appearance in the pilot.
DrWho2005 wrote: There isnt Michael Knight.
The Hoff is to guest star in the new KR pilot, briefly reprising his role as Michael Knight.
In this movie, he'll be a middle aged man, much like the Hoff himself. As much as we'd
all like to see the classix Michael Knight and KITT duo racing around fighting criminals
in this new KR sequel, realistically speaking it isn't going to happen.

Assuming the new KR pilot is successful enough for NBC to commission a full new series,
the only way Michael Knight could become a regular character again in any new series,
would be if he were to become the CEO of the Foundation, much like Devon was

DrWho2005 wrote: We have a movie using a name from the show.
We have a movie which follows on 22 years from the end of the original series. We have
a new supercar that bears the name of it's predecessor from the 1980's. Essentially, we
also have a new Michael Knight, in the form of his son Mike Traceur.

How would Doctor Who look now, if the new series of that still had Peter Davison in the
lead role? And not just the recent special DW mini-episode where the 5th Doctor briefly
returned, and suddenly showed up in the 10th Doctor's TARDIS, but full time.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:56 am

I personally am grateful the original KITT and David Hasselhoff as Michael Knight will have a small role in the new pilot, it's a necessary nod to the original series and necessary transition from the old KR to new one.
Knowing that the original KITT and Michael Knight exist and potentially could make guest appearances again, I can now concentrate to the new characters and watch & enjoy their performance in the pilot, hopefully even new tv-series, the new Mustang KITT included.

Gotta agree Knight Rider fans have gotten quite a lot during the years, beginning from the merchandise in the 1980's to this new KR pilot and even the future brings us Glen's new KR movie, not every tv-show fandom gets this much :D