KITT vs COYOTE

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Keon2005
Rookie

KITT vs COYOTE

Post by Keon2005 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:47 pm

Hey I know this may be a dumb question, but which car would you prefer under your Christmas Tree. K.I.T.T. or the Coyote from Hardcastle & McCormick.

trvsglr
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by trvsglr » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:42 pm

Def. not a stupid question. But i would LOVE to wake up and open up the Cody Coyote on christmas morning!!!!! Don't get me wrong i like KITT too, but the Cody Coyote is a lot more rare then KITT is. So if i had a choice the Coyote. You just don't see much Hardcastle And McCormick around at all.
Travy

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:20 pm

K.A.R.R. :P

The Coyote wouldn't be bad, that's for sure! So would K.I.T.T. Or give me a Ferari Enzo model kit (they have them here: http://ehobbies-com.stores.yahoo.net/rmx852192.html )

I could paint that thing black and WOW! :)

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:30 am

I know which ones I am getting under my christmas tree. The 1977 Smokey and the Bandit Trans Am and the 1965 Plymouth Fury (Christine) both fantastic 1:18 models. I am getting them from http://www.pro-models.com
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 pm

1:18 SATB T/A? Woa! I already have the Revell 1:24 metal body version built. That is one awesome car!

I haven't got Christine - yet.

89IROCNDoug
Operative

Post by 89IROCNDoug » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:55 am

If I didn't have either one, I would have to go with KITT - but it is a close call - the Coyote is a cool car! 8)
I wish they had a 1:18 scale Coyote. I know they had the 1:25 scale plastic model kit.

Right now I would like the 1:18 2006 Corvette Z06 by Autoart - I'm not sure, but I believe the Z06 is the fastest production car ever built under $100,000.
:D
One man did make a difference.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:05 pm

Like this one

Josch 8)

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:40 am

I have a model of the hardcastle 'coyote'

True story there was 2 coyotes used in the show the earlier episodes had a vw based kitcar with the coyote body. well in one episode the car was destroyed or blown up im not sure. there was a second coyote built based out of a DELOREAN.

you can see the shape of the lower half of the delorean's gullwing doors on the body shell. :lol:

more info can be found (including pictures) of both cars at this site 8)
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

trvsglr
Recruit

Post by trvsglr » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:02 pm

I heard they went with the DeLorean because Hardcastle (Brian Keith) was complaining that the original Coyote was too difficult to get in and out of. Also i heard the Coyote is a Manta Montage made by Mclaren. With a VW V6 under the hood (Trunk!) since it's a rear engine car. A lot of them are in fact just kit cars where as you could use any frame of a car to make it look like the Coyote. Although it might not look quite the same. I myself think the Delorean Coyote is way to big and bulky. The original is much better. A lot of the Coyote looking cars sell on ebay.
Travy

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:17 am

it was based on a VW beetle chassis but it had a engine out of a porsche 914 basically a 911 flat six with two cylinders cut off. porsche did release a 916 same car but with a flat six instead of the four. a 914/916 is a MID engine (engine is mounted between cockpit and rear wheels), instead of the beetle and 911's REAR engine (mounted on top or behind the rear wheels).

James_kr
FLAG Assistant

Post by James_kr » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:03 am

FuzzieDice wrote:1:18 SATB T/A? Woa! I already have the Revell 1:24 metal body version built. That is one awesome car!

I haven't got Christine - yet.
Christine is a fantastic model there is photo's of it in the greenlight trans am GTA topic. You have probably seen it. The SATB trans am is very detailed and has a great paint job!
K.I.T.T: "Dog go away"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:39 pm

i like the Christine die cast the only thing i don't like is the license plate is screwed up. it is the correct yellow and the lettering is correct but they made em too small and whats with that rectangular border around the letter/numbers :?: . I made up a set of correct scale plates for Christine in both 1/25 and 1/18 and they look a LOT better than the ones on the model. same goes for KITT's plate with the too bright blue and the 'I' in knight is the wrong style, my NEW plate looks identical to the one in my avatar.

here is my plate, once it is reduced to the right scale it looks great, and as you see it looks a lot more like the real car's plate.

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:46 pm

Does anybody have the Full theme of the Song "Drive" :?: