Orginal stunt and Kitt Cars. Where are they now?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mustang61777
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Orginal stunt and Kitt Cars. Where are they now?

Post by Mustang61777 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:18 pm

Does anybody know where the originals cars at. Does Universal still have them on their lot? I know that David H. still has 2 cars. Anybody know?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm

According to some websites, the original cars has all been destroyed. It was just an agreement that Universal had with Pontiac. Now, some sources says that all the cars were runned over with a bulldozer, others says that a bomb was planted in each and one of the cars, set to detonate when they pushed a button. Now, this might not be true at all, but I have read the very same thing on a lot of Knight Rider related websites.
Another thing in which they mentioned was a rumour about a guy that was working with Universal. Just before they were to destroy all the cars he quickly made it into one of the cars and drove of the studio like crazy! None of the employees hasen't heard anything from him yet, but then again, this might be a rumour.
And then, directly after they destroyed all the cars, replicas were done immediaetly by the very same personel that made all the Knight Rider cars. Two were made. One were sold to Hasselhoff himself and the other one were sold to a museum. Another source claimed also that Hasselhoff's replica has been bought by a museum in England and is now for the open public to visit.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:39 pm

The one over here (england) is the convertible from season 4.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:12 pm

I think it was at the Knight Registries site, someone posted pictures of one of the original cars that was left behind Universal, apparently forgotten. It apparently was one they used to show off at Universal Studios Theme Park or something. And said to be an original screen-used car. It was gutted, rusted out and in very sad shape, damaged badly.

And then there's that eBay sale of that "original screen" car, and I don't know if that's the same one that Mark's Custom Kit's redone (which also was said to be an original screen-used car).

I don't think Universal could have destroyed them all due to a deal with Pontiac. Doesn't sound right. Why would they make such a deal? I think they just stored them in a back lot when done using them and eventually destroyed some (if not all) of them since they were too banged up from filming, etc. Maybe they made others for show cars, who knows?

I don't know anything other than what I have heard here and there and saw pictures of on the internet.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:51 pm

The one I saw at Universal when I went there had the 'Good Year' lettering in clear white on the wheels.

The windows were also tinted.

Unless they just changed the tyres, I'm doubting the one I saw was an original.

I do have pics, although I'm not sure where they are right now.

Mustang61777
Volunteer

Post by Mustang61777 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:01 pm

if you guys have any pics or links, please post them..thanks alot for your help

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:25 pm

The one in England is at Cars of The Stars Museum, not been there to see it though want to