Another KR fan fic series idea

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Another KR fan fic series idea

Post by CB2001 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:13 pm

This is what I've got so far for a new "Knight Rider" fan fiction series idea. It's based off the concept images I did for "Knight Rider: Legacy" (the poster and DVD images I've been posting about). Needless to say, I thought about it and decided to try and put together some story ideas for a new KR fan fic series (like how I did for the re-working of "Knight Rider 2010" and the second season of "Team Knight Rider"). Below is only what I've got done. I don't have plans on doing it as a series myself, because I've already tried three times and realized that I'm not really that good at it. So, any opinions and thoughts on what's here so far, let me know.

Update: Completed "Season 3"

Inspired by the story for the DVD cover of "Knight Rider: Legacy"- http://www.geocities.com/code_breaker2001/KRDVD1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Knight Rider: Legacy
Series Information Packet
By Code Breaker
Based off the characters from Knight Rider by Glen A. Larson,
The characters from Team Knight Rider by Rick Copp and David A. Goodman,
And the characters from Knight Rider 2000 by Rob Heden

Premise: The son of Michael Knight takes over behind the wheel of KITT for the Foundation for Law and Government and completes missions against criminals that are still above the law.

Timeframe: The year 2013 and up.

About F.L.A.G. - After the events in “Knight Rider 2000”, the F.L.A.G. unit was accepted as one of the official law enforcement entities, but still considered as a “private investigation” unit.

The Knight Foundation (aka “Knight Industries”) - Has become the leader in technological advancements for the past few years, particularly in the field of law enforcement and consumer technologies. The last major project completed by K.I. was the installation of C.I.L.O. (Civil Intelligence for Logical Observation), used by Homeland Defense.

About the Characters (prior to first story)-
Michael Knight- After the death of Russell Maddock, the assets for the Knight Foundation was left to Michael in a will by Wilton Knight (a clause that clearly said that if Devon took on a partner that his partner would be in control of Knight Industries until the time of his death, in which then Michael would receive control of the Foundation). He’s a little bit older, and a bit wiser, though still not wise enough to know when he shouldn’t go after bad guys at his age. After leaving the Foundation in the early 90s, Michael got married a woman name Wilma Harding, and had one child with her (1991). Two years later, they were divorced and Michael had been living alone by himself.

Ethan Mitchell Knight- Ethan is the only son of Michael Knight from his wife Wilma. He attended Silicon Valley High School, rarely ever talking to his father. At age 18, he lost his mother in a hit-and-run incident. Moved to Los Angeles and took classes at a community college for Webpage Design. Also took a self-defense class on hand to hand combat. He purchased a 2005 Ford Mustang from a used car dealership. He also despises his older sister. He hates Knight Industries for reasons unknown and often wishes that his father had spent more time with him in the past. He also has a thing for Sarah Darwin, but isn’t really sure if its just a crush or if it is love.

Sarah Darwin- Born in 1988, daughter of Bonnie Barstow and Gregory Darwin. Graduated top of her class in high school, went to M.I.T. and got her degrees in computer programming and engineering, following along the lines of her mother (who died of a heart attack). She first met Michael through her mother when at the funeral for his wife. She was accepted as head technician and engineer for Knight Industries and often works under the F.L.A.G. unit. She likes Ethan, though is not really sure about being with him (possibly fear of commitment?).

Jenny Andrews- The older child of Michael’s family. She originally was a member of F.L.A.G. unit in the 1990s. Upon the “Team Knight Rider” group dispersed, she took over the job as F.L.A.G. unit leader. She dislikes her older brother as much as he dislikes her.

KITT- Originally in the Knight 2000 body, he was disassembled and reassembled again before being installed into the shell of the 4000 series. During one of the missions with Shawn McCormick, his shell got peeled off and he ended up having to get a new MBS shell installed (going from the red color to black). After Shawn’s retirement, has become pretty lonely and waiting for a driver.

Domino- Originally a member of F.L.A.G., she has long since taken over the duty of maintaining Knight Industries Mobile Mainframe. She kind of has a crush on KITT.

Season 1: Adjusting
1. Pilot- While pursuing three ex-Marines who have broken into the labs, Michael is paralyzed from the waist down. Ethan, despite the fact that he hates Knight Industries, gives up his Mustang to be the host shell for KITT, in order to rescue Knight Industries and get one back for his dad.

2. Carmageddon- Ethan and KITT investigate a rumor about a demolition derby that uses homeless people for a part of the derby and without vehicles.

3. Once a Thief- After a very expensive diamond disappears, Ethan and KITT get called onto the case to see if a retired diamond thief has come out of retirement.

4. Another Knight on the Town- A small town is held hostage when a group of teenagers get their hands on a few assault rifles and demand vengeance for dead schoolmates after a school shooting. Unfortunately, Ethan is the one who is blamed for the crime.

5. Grand Prix- Ethan signs up KITT for a race while investigating possible drug smuggling in the group of racers.

6. Day Off- Ethan tries to relax on his day off from the job, but everyone keeps nagging him for one reason or another.

7. The Girls Knight Out- Jenny, Sarah and Domino (who is taking a break from handling the mainframe) go into the city for a good time. However, they are kidnapped, leaving Ethan and KITT to save them.

8. A Hiking We Shall Go- A state park is in trouble when campers are attacked by what campers say is Bigfoot. However, when Ethan and KITT are on the case, they discover there’s more than meets the eye or the scanner.

9. Family Issues- Michael sets Ethan and Jenny up on a mission in hopes that they would learn to get along with each other, while they examine a cold-case file for a missing bank executive.

10. Fun and Games- After the dead body of a company executive is found, Ethan and KITT follow clues to his employer, a multi-millionaire who has a set up an underground fun house of death he uses against people he considers his enemies.

11. Happy Birthday, KITT- Marking KITT’s original date of completion, Michael plans a special birthday celebration for the computer, unaware that an old enemy of Knight Industries has plans on crashing the party. (Part 1 of the Mobius Stories)

12. Deus Ex Mobius- Mobius, thought dead by Knight Industries, turns up alive and well and with a vehicle so well built that it could crush anything in its way. (Part 2 of the Mobius Stories)

Season 2: A Season in Hell
1. Can’t Keep a Good Knight Down- After repairing KITT, Ethan tries to come up with a plan on destroying Mobius’ vehicle. (Part 3 of the Mobius Stories)

2. Boot Disk- Ethan and KITT keep an eye open at E3, after bumping into a mysterious blonde who may have been in trouble.

3. Twin Peaks- Ethan and KITT end up in the town of Twin Peaks after Ethan gets a mysterious call from a woman who sounded like his dead mother. (Crossover with David Lynch’s “Twin Peaks”).

4. Replay- The multi-millionaire from “Fun and Games” shows back up again, kidnapping Jenny and forcing Ethan to go on an emotional journey while trapped in a new and improved version of the fun house of death.

5. Irreversible- Ethan takes it upon himself to go alone into the Los Angeles underworld to hunt down the man who had raped and beaten Sarah.

6. The Beautiful People- The F.L.A.G. unit is called into action when reports of a plastic surgeon who steals organs from his patients and sell them on the black market.

7. Habit- Ethan and KITT are sent to New York to examine a series of serial killings in which the killer, apparently, drinks the blood from his/her victims.

8. Knight of the Living KARR- KITT’s prototype, KARR, shows up again in an improved sport car, looking to take out KITT once and for all.

9. Mirror- While in a small town, Ethan and KITT investigate the disappearance of a young man back in the late 80s, who ironically looks a lot like Ethan.

10. Trouble- Despite his efforts to help Sarah adjust back to life, Ethan feels that he is hurting her than helping.

11. A White Christmas- While stuck in a snowstorm, KITT and Ethan find refuge at a small Nebraskan town, where terrorist have the town’s people held hostage by threatening to destroy the town with an avalanche.

12. Losing My Religion- After the daughter of a retired Chinese Crimelord is kidnapped, she seeks the help of the Knight Foundation. However, during the investigation, Michael is kidnapped and tortured to death, which results in Ethan leaving the Foundation behind (part one of the Legacy storyline)

Season 3: Back in the Saddle
1. All Wounds Shall Heal- Ethan, who feels worthless, finally steps up to the plate and comes back to the Foundation and tries to complete his mission. (Part two of the Legacy storyline).

2. The Stuntman- Ethan poses as a stuntman on an independent feature while looking into the mysterious death of a stuntman.

3. Return of KARR- KARR doesn’t know when to give up, apparently… However, when KARR turns himself in, he makes a deal to be incorporated into Knight Industries’ F.L.A.G. unit for information on a crime that he witnessed.

4. To Be True…- Ethan poses as a banker in order to capture a world-wide money launder. However, he falls in love with the wife of the launder, Rebecca Chen, unsure as to if she is a partner in crime or if she is being set up to be an unwitting fall guy and forcing him to make the choice of either completing the mission or betraying someone he loves.

5. The Lid that Pops- Ethan, Jenny and KITT investigate a group claiming to have missing CBS film footage from a village massacre back during the Vietnam War that may or may not implicate their late father for murder.

6. Take It Easy- Sarah goes off with KARR to test out some new equipment, but gets sidetrack when a suitcase filled with one million dollars worth of uncut cocaine ends up in KARR’s backseat and the owner of the case wants it back.

7. Life Minus Me- After being hit in the head with a 2x4 while chasing down a suspect, Ethan ends up in a coma with the high possibility of brain damage. However, unaware to the outside world, Ethan gets to see what life would be like if he had never been born.

8. Moments Missed- Rebecca Chen shows back up in Ethan’s life after finalizing her divorce from her husband and starts back their relationship. However, Sarah is beginning to wonder if she had missed out on being with Ethan, even with all she’s been through.

9. Maps- Ethan and KITT are sent to a lab in Arizona, where there have been reports of illegal research tied into missing people reports.

10. Where The Cowboys Have Gone- The F.L.A.G. unit, while on vacation, spend a week at a ranch, only to end up investigating UFO sightings.

11. The Enemy of My Enemy- Someone gains access into the Knight Industries Mobile Mainframe, stealing Domino in the process. After some searching, they soon realize that another old enemy of Knight Industries has shown back up again. (Part 1 of 3 for “The Enemy of My Enemy” story arch).

12. Shattered- While in pursuit of the enemy, KITT and Ethan get separated. And as a result, KITT is kidnapped. (Part 2 of 3 of “The Enemy of My Enemy” story arch).
Last edited by CB2001 on Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 11:24 pm

That is an awesome fan fic idea concept Code Breaker. I would love to read it when you finish it.

I see you also plan out seasons for your fan fic. I thought I was the only one that did that. :wink:

Steve

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:18 am

Thank you KnightCrusader99. But this right here is what I refer to as an "information packet" or "idea packet". Basically, if there is anyone interested in doing this, I'll send this packet to them and allow them to use it. The ideas for the "episodes" of the series are open to creative license. That means, there's a few they can do if they so wish or not.

Ironically, some of the "episodes" have been slightly inspired by other resourses (to list a few "Carmageddon", idea inspired by the video game. "Irreversable", story idea borrowed from the French film. The Legacy stories {Losing My Religion and All Wounds Shall Heal}, inspired by an episode of "Law and Order: SVU" and "Knight Rider 2000"). However, though those are brief summaries, it would be up to the writer (or writers) of the series to make the story different.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:07 pm

Bumped up because I just updated the post, added more episodes for "Season 3".

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Re: Another KR fan fic series idea

Post by CB2001 » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:37 pm

I felt it was best to go ahead and post the influences for each of the "episodes" for the series so far.

Season 1
1. Pilot- While pursuing three ex-Marines who have broken into the labs, Michael is paralyzed from the waist down. Ethan, despite the fact that he hates Knight Industries, gives up his Mustang to be the host shell for KITT, in order to rescue Knight Industries and get one back for his dad.
Inspired by "Knight of the Phoenix".
2. Carmageddon- Ethan and KITT investigate a rumor about a demolition derby that uses homeless people for a part of the derby and without vehicles.
Inspired by the video game "Carmageddon" and the movie "Death Race 2000".
3. Once a Thief- After a very expensive diamond disappears, Ethan and KITT get called onto the case to see if a retired diamond thief has come out of retirement.
Inspired by "After the Sunset", "To Catch A Thief" and the KR episode of "KITT the Cat".
4. Another Knight on the Town- A small town is held hostage when a group of teenagers get their hands on a few assault rifles and demand vengeance for dead schoolmates after a school shooting. Unfortunately, Ethan is the one who is blamed for the crime.
Inspired by "Assault on Precinct 13" (the 1976 film).
5. Grand Prix- Ethan signs up KITT for a race while investigating possible drug smuggling in the group of racers.
Inspired by the episode "Give Me Liberty... or Give Me Death".
6. Day Off- Ethan tries to relax on his day off from the job, but everyone keeps nagging him for one reason or another.
Inspired by "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and all the episodes of the first season where Michael asks for some time off.
7. The Girls Knight Out- Jenny, Sarah and Domino (who is taking a break from handling the mainframe) go into the city for a good time. However, they are kidnapped, leaving Ethan and KITT to save them.
Inspired by every TV show that has an episode where a member of the group is kidnapped. Title taken from the unfilmed script "Girls Knight Out".
8. A Hiking We Shall Go- A state park is in trouble when campers are attacked by what campers say is Bigfoot. However, when Ethan and KITT are on the case, they discover there’s more than meets the eye or the scanner.
Inspired by "Resident Evil" (the first game) and "The Iron Giant".
9. Family Issues- Michael sets Ethan and Jenny up on a mission in hopes that they would learn to get along with each other, while they examine a cold-case file for a missing bank executive.
Inspired by any good cop/bad cop film.
10. Fun and Games- After the dead body of a company executive is found, Ethan and KITT follow clues to his employer, a multi-millionaire who has a set up an underground fun house of death he uses against people he considers his enemies.
Based off the Marvel Comic Character "Arcade", information here.
11. Happy Birthday, KITT- Marking KITT’s original date of completion, Michael plans a special birthday celebration for the computer, unaware that an old enemy of Knight Industries has plans on crashing the party. (Part 1 of the Mobius Stories)
Inspired by the dinner scenes in the "Farscape" Season 1 episode "Through the Looking Glass".
12. Deus Ex Mobius- Mobius, thought dead by Knight Industries, turns up alive and well and with a vehicle so well built that it could crush anything in its way. (Part 2 of the Mobius Stories)
Inspired by "Goliath".

Season 2
1. Can’t Keep a Good Knight Down- After repairing KITT, Ethan tries to come up with a plan on destroying Mobius’ vehicle. (Part 3 of the Mobius Stories)
Inspired by "Goliath, Part 2" and "Knight of the Juggarnaut".
2. Boot Disk- Ethan and KITT keep an eye open at E3, after bumping into a mysterious blonde who may have been in trouble.
Inspired by E3 and the KR episode "Nobody Does It Better".
3. Twin Peaks- Ethan and KITT end up in the town of Twin Peaks after Ethan gets a mysterious call from a woman who sounded like his dead mother. (Crossover with David Lynch’s “Twin Peaks”).
Inspired by the David Lynch TV series and the video game "Silent Hill" (for the phonecall from Ethan's dead mother).
4. Replay- The multi-millionaire from “Fun and Games” shows back up again, kidnapping Jenny and forcing Ethan to go on an emotional journey while trapped in a new and improved version of the fun house of death.
Inspired by the Marvel Comics character Arcade and the last act of the James Bond film "The Man With The Golden Gun".
5. Irreversible- Ethan takes it upon himself to go alone into the Los Angeles underworld to hunt down the man who had raped and beaten Sarah.
Inspired by the French film "Irreversible" and the Vin Diesal movie "A Man Apart".
6. The Beautiful People- The F.L.A.G. unit is called into action when reports of a plastic surgeon who steals organs from his patients and sell them on the black market.
Inspired by the character "The Surgeon General of Bevely Hills" from "Escape from L.A." and the urban legend about the guy waking up in the bathtub of ice.
7. Habit- Ethan and KITT are sent to New York to examine a series of serial killings in which the killer, apparently, drinks the blood from his/her victims.
Inspired by the movies "Habit" and "Red Dragon".
8. Knight of the Living KARR- KITT’s prototype, KARR, shows up again in an improved sport car, looking to take out KITT once and for all.
Inspired by "KITT vs. KARR".
9. Mirror- While in a small town, Ethan and KITT investigate the disappearance of a young man back in the late 80s, who ironically looks a lot like Ethan.
Inspired by the movie "What Lies Beneath".
10. Trouble- Despite his efforts to help Sarah adjust back to life, Ethan feels that he is hurting her than helping.
Inspired by the song "Understanding in a Car Crash" by Thursday and the Coldplay song "Trouble".
11. A White Christmas- While stuck in a snowstorm, KITT and Ethan find refuge at a small Nebraskan town, where terrorist have the town’s people held hostage by threatening to destroy the town with an avalanche.
Inspired by "Die Hard 2: Die Harder".
12. Losing My Religion- After the daughter of a retired Chinese Crimelord is kidnapped, she seeks the help of the Knight Foundation. However, during the investigation, Michael is kidnapped and tortured to death, which results in Ethan leaving the Foundation behind (part one of the Legacy storyline)
Inspired by the "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" episode "Debt" and the death of Devon and Michael's reaction in "Knight Rider 2000".

Season 3
1. All Wounds Shall Heal- Ethan, who feels worthless, finally steps up to the plate and comes back to the Foundation and tries to complete his mission. (Part two of the Legacy storyline).
Inspired by the "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" episode "Debt" and Michael's comeback in "Knight Rider 2000".
2. The Stuntman- Ethan poses as a stuntman on an independent feature while looking into the mysterious death of a stuntman.
Inspired by the movie "The Stuntman" and the KR episode "Slammin' Sammy's Stunt Show".
3. Return of KARR- KARR doesn’t know when to give up, apparently… However, when KARR turns himself in, he makes a deal to be incorporated into Knight Industries’ F.L.A.G. unit for information on a crime that he witnessed.
Inspired by how a villian becomes a good guy element from "Farscape".
4. To Be True…- Ethan poses as a banker in order to capture a world-wide money launder. However, he falls in love with the wife of the launder, Rebecca Chen, unsure as to if she is a partner in crime or if she is being set up to be an unwitting fall guy and forcing him to make the choice of either completing the mission or betraying someone he loves.
Inspired by the movie "Wild Side" and the KR episode "White Bird".
5. The Lid that Pops- Ethan, Jenny and KITT investigate a group claiming to have missing CBS film footage from a village massacre back during the Vietnam War that may or may not implicate their late father for murder.
Inspired by the book "Vivienne" by Richard Hoyt and the "Mission: Impossible" episode "Action!"
6. Take It Easy- Sarah goes off with KARR to test out some new equipment, but gets sidetrack when a suitcase filled with one million dollars worth of uncut cocaine ends up in KARR’s backseat and the owner of the case wants it back.
Inspired by any movie where the wrong bag ends up in the wrong hands, particularly "Out of Bounds" (1986).
7. Life Minus Me- After being hit in the head with a 2x4 while chasing down a suspect, Ethan ends up in a coma with the high possibility of brain damage. However, unaware to the outside world, Ethan gets to see what life would be like if he had never been born.
Inspired by "It's A Wonderful Life".
8. Moments Missed- Rebecca Chen shows back up in Ethan’s life after finalizing her divorce from her husband and starts back their relationship. However, Sarah is beginning to wonder if she had missed out on being with Ethan, even with all she’s been through.
Partically inspired by the song "She Said" by Collective Soul.
9. Maps- Ethan and KITT are sent to a lab in Arizona, where there have been reports of illegal research tied into missing people reports.
Inspired by the German film "Anatomie" (2000), starring Franka Potente ("Run Lola Run").
10. Where The Cowboys Have Gone- The F.L.A.G. unit, while on vacation, spend a week at a ranch, only to end up investigating UFO sightings.
Inspired by an old episode of "Encyclopedia Brown".
11. The Enemy of My Enemy- Someone gains access into the Knight Industries Mobile Mainframe, stealing Domino in the process. After some searching, they soon realize that another old enemy of Knight Industries has shown back up again. (Part 1 of 3 for “The Enemy of My Enemy” story arch).
Inspired by the KR episode "Soul Survivor".
12. Shattered- While in pursuit of the enemy, KITT and Ethan get separated. And as a result, KITT is kidnapped. (Part 2 of 3 of “The Enemy of My Enemy” story arch).
Inspired by the KR episode "Soul Survivor"

I know, you're going to be thinking, "Hey! I know that episode/movie/tv show! I never would have thought of that." A little bit of fun trivia I guess you can say. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:46 am

Let me guess, 13 will be when KARR gets kidnapped, but he did it on purpose to rescue Domino and KITT (and flubs it but KITT recovers KARR's flub ultimately getting the 3 of them freed and Domino captures the criminals).

Or something like that. :)

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:52 pm

Well, I don't know what "Season 4" would be like, because I can't really come up with a "theme" for the season like I did with the other ones (i.e. "Adjustment", "A Season in Hell", "Back in the Saddle"). But I think for the first story for the Season 4 "priemere" Ethan would actually have to put his trust in KARR for once in order to get KITT and Domino back.