KITT Simulator for PC by hakkersszz

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

krvc
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT Simulator for PC by hakkersszz

Post by krvc » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:43 am

This is KITT Simulator!
A program for your computer, that makes it possible to talk to the computer!
And ofcourse he will talk back!
With this program you can give your computer voice commands.
for example, opening the internet browser, or checking the weather!

You can let him play music, or let him scan the area (with a webcam) in Surveillance Mode!

And ofcourse it's very funny to see how KITT responds to certain things ;)

About the surveillance mode:
There will be a motion detection, so if you have a webcam, KITT can also SEE what's going on, and if there is
something weird happening KITT wil ask who's there... And takes a picture.
If no one answers, KITT will record a video.
When you're back, you can look back at the Video
and you can see who the intruder was!

look for it at http://www.kitt-simulator.tk/

Video teaser at http://rapidshare.de/files/3156052/KITT ... r.rar.html

Last edited by krvc on Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:53 am

Awesome start from what I can see on the video teaser. I use a Mac so I can't use the program but it looks great! Too bad you couldn't use audio clips of KITT's voice from the show but that's ok. Keep up the superb work! :-)

lordvader
Rookie

password?

Post by lordvader » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:50 pm

Where on the site is the password?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:57 pm

1. I couldn't extract the file. :( I use PowerArchiver and it does do RAR files but when I try to extract it, I don't get the wmv file at all. I get nothing. :( It would be best to use a more common archive format like .zip.

2. I can't download the program. It says that the program was already downloaded 34 times already. I guess it's not going to let anyone download it anymore.

So, I can't see the teaser OR try the program. :(

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:06 pm

Ok, update. :) I used WinRAR to extract the teaser. Interesting. :) Sounds a bit like KARR than KITT. I have some ideas/suggestions:

1. Try making the vox like KARR for that voice, and have a KARR version?

2. Try Cepstral's "William" voice for the voice or have it so people can use a different voice with the system (for those who want to buy the "William" voice. That voice is more closer to KITT's own.

If you want to know more, I have a Knight Industries AI Replication Project which uses Ultra Hal Assistant AI program (which also can do all the things your program does, but speach recognition is in the full (not free) version). They are updating that program too. It's VERY powerful for an AI chatbot/assistant. Here's more on the AI project, and links to the program and voices, including text Knowledge files for the Ultra Hal Assistant Program so that it will know information about the KR universe:

http://fuzziedice.com/ai/knightai/index.html

Have fun. :) I'll link to your site when I get a chance to update my own. I'll put it in this section, as I really think this could be an interesting project as well.

Arroww'
Operative

Post by Arroww' » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:35 pm

Fantastic program! Now I'll test it better :P

Ahah since I had already installed a vocal reader, he reads english words in Italian way :shock: :? Now I change the electronic reader to Sam 8)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 pm

Well, it kinda works. But the Microsoft Speech recognition system sux. :( I know because even Ultra Hal Assistant can't get half what I say right. :( That's why I would love to get Dragon Naturally Speaking for a speach engine. I hear it's far better.

Ok, but the buttons on the bottom right work. :)

I have an idea though: Instead of packaging the text/speech/agent stuff in your program, you could give links to these on your web site for those who don't have the stuff, including the VB runtimes. This would make the download file size LOTS smaller. WinXP Pro does have some speech stuff included so not everyone will need to install all this in the first place. In fact there's already a speech control panel in WinXP Pro.

Try adding ALICE chatbot to this to make it a real AI, perhaps? :) You mentioned in your README that the AI was "removed". If you don't package the runtimes, then maybe you could then include the AI?

Nice start though! :)
Last edited by FuzzieDice on Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:04 pm

for some stupid reason i can get the video to play and im pretty sure that all my codecs are up to date on my windows media player?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:09 pm

Which video are you having problems with? The teaser or the one that comes with the program? I was able to play both. The teaser is .wmv and the one with the program is an MPEG.

BTW, the teaser is compressed as a .rar file so you have to extract the .wmv file from it using WinRAR (get a trial copy here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm and select WinRAR 3.50). Once you extract the .wmv file from it, then you can play it in Windows Media player.

I think the .rar file extension throws people off. It's not a common file extension like .zip is. It requires a different type of program to extract it. That's why I never really like it. I've recompressed data into .zip and found that the file size difference is negligable so using .zip won't make it too much bigger, just slightly. And more people can use .zip - in fact it comes with WinXP and Linux for free. :)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:51 pm

damn i had to extract it to actually view it sorry for making u type all that fuzzy i already have winrar.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:30 pm

I'm having trouble finding the link.Is there a way I can get a direct download?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:37 pm

use the rapidshare link

KITT-Simulator
Volunteer

Post by KITT-Simulator » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:24 am

Hi,
I'm Hakkersszz ( I had to register again because my other account wouldn't do it anymore)

I'm happy to see this topic, but it is forbidden to share direct links!!
So delete te direct links in this topic!
You can let the kitt-simulator.tk link there, it's only about the direct download links!!!

EDIT: Thank you :)

Well, if you got any question, sign up at the KITT-Simulator forum ;)
KITT-Simulator AKA Hakkersszz
-One man can make a difference!-

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:53 am

i have a couple questions:

1. do i need to have a mike in order for this to work? :roll:

2. is the web cam optional or is it needed? :roll:

Thanks early to the help!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:43 pm

When I click on the download section of the website i see the simulator beta download and the teaser.I clicked on simulator beta and it takes me to a forum site that says theres an error

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

It also asks me for a account name and password.Any chance you can give us a direct link to it or the name and password for us to download from your account?

I entered the forum and registered.I found the topic and you said to click on the word free.I did that and Im taken to a site simaler to how you download the teaser site.It just sits there though.

KITT-Simulator
Volunteer

Post by KITT-Simulator » Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:44 pm

Ask those question in the KITT-Simulator forum :)
KITT-Simulator AKA Hakkersszz
-One man can make a difference!-

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:33 pm

I did'nt mention it in my last post but I already have.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:51 pm

I finally got it to download.Looks ok.I cant figure out how to get the console up or internet explorer.For anyone who has successfully downloaded the software,do you have any voice commands we can try out?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:04 pm

For those wondering:

1. The password is the SITE URL itself.

2. You don't need a microphone for some of it. Just press the Auto Cruise, etc. buttons and KITT will react. To leave the program, click the POWER button. HOWEVER, you DO need a microphone for voice commands for the rest of it and MS voice/text recognition system which comes with WinXP Pro. Or install the INSTAL THIS FIRST! Directory - all of it (Fonts can simply be copied to the C:\Windows\Fonts directory).

NOTE: MS Speech recognition system is not that great and doesn't work well on my system. Your best bet is a headset microphone and then go into Control Panel, speech Icon and set up the speech and microphone settings. A good program I heard about (but haven't used yet) is Dragon Naturally Speaking. It's expensive which is why I haven't bought it yet though. It is (so I hear) far more accurate than MS's engine.

3. For more functions, see the Functions.txt file in the System directory that extracts with the program.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:06 pm

One other tip: The speech system gets confused at it's own voice if the microphone is set too sensitive! It'll hear it's own voice and think someone is talking to it! :lol: That is why a headset microphone is best, and make sure there is as little noise in the room as possible when speaking to the system.