diecast collectors?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pewter 02ws6
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

diecast collectors?

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:57 pm

i was wondering if there are any diecast collectors on the site.i just pre-ordered the new 1:18 scale K.I.T.T. and cant wait for it to arrive in oct., it has been the #1 1:18 scale car i always dreamed of having in my collection.i am curious to know if anyone has any good sites that informs you of futute releases of 1:18 scale cars.i accidentaly stumbled on the kitt release through a link on ebay.i would love to know if there are any plans of a 1:18 release of " The A-Team van,The Fall Guy truck,the Coyote X(prefer the version used in the later seasons,not the earlier flat looking one)from Hardcastle and McCormick,a cop car from The Dukes of Hazzard,the motorcycle from Streethawk and a few others i can think of.is there a place to make requests from the leading producers of diecast collectibles? also if anyone of you would like to share your collection,please post up some pics. :wink:

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Re: diecast collectors?

Post by imranbecks » Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:31 pm

pewter 02ws6 wrote:i was wondering if there are any diecast collectors on the site.i just pre-ordered the new 1:18 scale K.I.T.T. and cant wait for it to arrive in oct., it has been the #1 1:18 scale car i always dreamed of having in my collection.i am curious to know if anyone has any good sites that informs you of futute releases of 1:18 scale cars.i accidentaly stumbled on the kitt release through a link on ebay.i would love to know if there are any plans of a 1:18 release of " The A-Team van,The Fall Guy truck,the Coyote X(prefer the version used in the later seasons,not the earlier flat looking one)from Hardcastle and McCormick,a cop car from The Dukes of Hazzard,the motorcycle from Streethawk and a few others i can think of.is there a place to make requests from the leading producers of diecast collectibles? also if anyone of you would like to share your collection,please post up some pics. :wink:
I collect 1/18 cars as well as other scale cars especially KITT. Where did u pre order the 1/18 scale KITT from? I pre-ordered mine from Diecast Muscle. Here is the link>> http://www.diecastmuscle.com/store/33844

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:23 am

I have a 1/18 diecast car collection, a very small one but it includes the following: The DeLorean Time Machine (with Mr. Fusion fuel package); a white 1967 Big Block Corvette and a black Lamborghini Murcielago. When the 1/18 KITT becomes available, I will definitely add it to my 1/18 scale collection.

I also have a 1/13 (approximate scale) talking Kenner KITT with matching Michael Knight doll. It is the biggest car in my collection and my most cherished since they are very hard to come by nowadays in very good and working condition.

I also have a 1/48 scale AMT Airwolf (built), a 1/32 scale Monogram Blue Thunder (unbuilt), a 1/25 scale MPC KITT (the original not the reissue, unbuilt), a 1/24 scale 1982 Monogram Trans Am (being built), a 1/32 scale AMT Kenworth Aerodyne truck similar to the Bj & the Bear truck (built), and a Corgi Black Beauty car from the Green Hornet series.

Collecting toys as a hobby does drain the finances but it does take me back to the good old days....nostalgia indeed.
Last edited by HondaSiR on Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Jul 28, 2004 1:35 am

I wish I have the talking Kenner KITT... I've always wanted that..

The best Knight Rider die cast model I have so far is the 1/43 scale KITT and KARR from Aoshima.. It has excellent detailing from the interior to the exterior! Here are some pics:

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:01 am

i pre-ordered mine from a vendor on ebay.i see i paid $2 more for mine but i didn't see it listed on diecastmuscle's web site a few days ago.i might just have to pick up a few more knowing these will be hot items once released :twisted:
i have 15 1:18 cars in my collection(mostly trans am's) and quite a few more i plan on picking up over the next few weeks.i also have a few hundred 1:64 cars also.i was never really big on the 1:18 cars at first due to their price until i bought my first one(30th anniversary t/a)but after seeing how detailed they were,i couldn't resist buying more.i keep mine on display in my rec room and never believed in keeping them in the box to preserve their value but of course i found one i picked up on clearance in boscov's for $12 that went for $123.50 yesterday on ebay.if only i would have known,i would have bought every last one of them :? :cry:

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:13 pm

I have/will have the following 1:18 Scale diecast models:
Sunstar - Delorean
Sunstar - Delorean (Gold Edition)
Sunstar - Delorean from Back To The Future Part 1
Sunstar - Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2 Version 1
Sunstar - Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2 Version 2
(For details of the differences between both versions of the Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2, click on this link: http://www.bttf.jp/goods/sunstar.html
Sunstar - Delorean from Back To The Future Part 3 (Coming in November)
Ertl - 1982 Pontiac Trans Am from Knight Rider (Coming in November)
Ertl - 1959 Cadillac Ambulance Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters
Hot Wheels - 1989 Batmobile
Ertl - 1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee'
Burago - Lamborghini Murcielago (Orange)
Burago - 1992 Dodge Viper (Red)
Yat-Ming - 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT (Red)

I have a LOT more 1:25 scale models as well, but that's another topic :)
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:35 pm

It would be great to see some pics of the diecast collection that you all have....

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:58 pm

Nice pictures you have at your yahoo site Imranbecks. I'd also love to post pictures of my collection, unfortunately I haven't saved enough yet to buy a decent digital camera. It will have to wait, I am currently saving up for the upcoming 1/18 KITT release.

Regarding the talking Kenner KITT, anybody can bid on one in ebay, they are pretty common although the mint and talking ones are pretty rare. I bought mine for "only" $60.00 (minus shipping) but it didn't include the Michael Knight doll. That's the reason I got it quite cheap and I had to buy the doll separately from another ebay seller. It set me back a lot in terms of money spent but it was all worth it when I got my hands on them. :)

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:13 am

HondaSiR wrote:Nice pictures you have at your yahoo site Imranbecks. I'd also love to post pictures of my collection, unfortunately I haven't saved enough yet to buy a decent digital camera. It will have to wait, I am currently saving up for the upcoming 1/18 KITT release.

Regarding the talking Kenner KITT, anybody can bid on one in ebay, they are pretty common although the mint and talking ones are pretty rare. I bought mine for "only" $60.00 (minus shipping) but it didn't include the Michael Knight doll. That's the reason I got it quite cheap and I had to buy the doll separately from another ebay seller. It set me back a lot in terms of money spent but it was all worth it when I got my hands on them. :)
I'm gonna start saving up for the 1/18 KITT as well... :)

I know that the talking Kenner KITT can be bought from ebay... but somehow, I just don't trust the sellers at Ebay... its very risky.. My fear is to give the seller my payment and in the end, I may never receive the item i bought from him... :?

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:29 am

I've bought a lot of items in ebay...around 30+ items, specially from US sellers...and I'm from the Philippines, half a world away (think of the shipping expenses I have incurred). Here are some tips for you in order to make your transactions as safe as possible.

1. Check out the seller's feedback. Read about what the other buyers have to say about the experiences in dealing with that seller. Someone with a 100% positive feedback and with hundreds or more transactions will generally assure a good trustworthy person to deal with.

2. E-mail the seller before making your bid. Ask him or her how much it will take to mail his item to you in case you win the auction and if he offers insurance (in case the parcel gets lost, but for me, all my packages arrived safely). And ask him also what payment options he accepts. His reply and way of replying to your inquiry will tell a lot about his personality. I usually shy away from sellers who are bad in grammar and are a bit "hazy" or narrow in their replies.

3. If you do decide on bidding for an item, wait until the last hour (or minute if possible) before casting your bid. Snipers do strike at anytime so set your maximum bidding amount early in the day.

4. Lastly, only buy from ebay what you cannot buy locally. Everything you do in ebay costs money...the shipping fee, the fee when you send money, and the purchase price. Hopefully these tips will enable you to make your first purchase a good and memorable one in ebay. Good Luck!

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:39 am

Those are great tips HondaSiR... By the way, I'm from Singapore. We are from the same region of Asia :D

U have bought about 30 over items from ebay??? My god, that is a lot....I'll be sure to give Ebay a try sometime soon... But right now, I will have to save some money if i want to get the upcoming 1/18 KITT :wink:

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:44 am

Yup! We're from the same region alright :) That brings us at a disadvantage if we're buying things from the US, such a long distance to cover. The cheapest alternative is USPS surface mail, wherein the parcel travels by ship. But surface mail cannot be insured and it usually takes 1 to 2 months before it reaches Asia, so I don't recommend it. USPS Airmail Letter Post (for small packages) or USPS Airmail Parcel Post (for bigger packages) is the usual option for me. They both usually take from 1 to 2 weeks to arrive and both are insurable. You can check out the USPS pricing on their website USPS.com.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:10 am

Yup.. I know about the USPS... I pre-ordered the 1/18 KITT from diecastmuscle.com and they use UPS Worldwide Express for international shipments... I have no choice since I reckon the specialty shops in Singapore will not be selling the 1/18 KITT, even if they do, it will probably be expensive, so its cheaper to get it online...

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:18 am

I love die cast collectables. I had a nice little collection at one time - but now only 2. But I am rebuilding it and hope to get kitt and maybe even karr. But one thing is for sure. nothing beats die cast.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:33 am

The 1:18 ERTL KITT got me interested in other diecast models & toycars in general too, bought the Yatming's 1:18 Pontiac Fiero GT '85 and some other cars in smaller scale. Here's few pics:

ERTL 1:18 scale diecast KITT:

Pontiac Fiero GT '85 in 1:18 scale:

Mazda RX-8 in 1/36 by Kinsmart and Pontiac Firebird '95 in 1/38 by Welly:

Here's one of my oldest toycar, 1970's Camaro by ASAI and it's made from sheet metal:

-KITTfan-

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:23 pm

I got a bunch to add to my collection as well. See below for my previously mentioned and newer 1:18 scale cars:

Sunstar - DMC Delorean
Sunstar - DMC Delorean (Gold Edition)
Sunstar - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 1
Sunstar - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2 Version 1
Sunstar - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2 Version 2
(For details of the differences between both versions of the Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2, click on this link: http://www.bttf.jp/goods/sunstar.html )
Sunstar - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 3
Ertl - 1982 Pontiac Trans Am KITT from Knight Rider
Ertl - 1959 Cadillac Ambulance Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters
Hot Wheels - 1989 Batmobile
Ertl - 1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee'
Burago - Lamborghini Murcielago (Orange)
Burago - 1992 Dodge Viper (Red)
Yat-Ming - 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT (Red)
**NEW** Ertl 1976 Ford Gran Torino from Starsky & Hutch
**NEW** Ertl 2000 Honda S2000 (Pink) from 2Fast 2Furious
**NEW** Ertl 1995 Toyota Supra (Orange) from The Fast And The Furious
**NEW** Maisto 2004 Chevy Impala SS (Black)
**NEW** Maisto Jeep Rubicon (Gold)
**NEW** Ertl Trans Am from Smokey & The Bandit
**ON ITS WAY** VW Bora (Silver, from China)
**COMING SOON** Ertl - 1982 Pontiac Trans Am KARR from Knight Rider

My 1:25 scale diecast collection is growing too:

Welly - DMC Delorean
Welly - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 1
Welly - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2
Welly - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 3
(1986) Franklin Mint - Rolls Royce Silver Ghost (Silver... duh)
Motormax 1973 Pontiac Firebird (Black)
Motormax Mazda MX-5 Miata (Blue)
Motormax 2002 Honda Civic Si (Red)
Motormax 2000 Acura Interga Type-R (Blue)
Motormax 2000 Honda S2000 (Yellow)
Burago VW New Beetle (Yellow)
Dub City 'Old Skool' 1987 Buick Grand National (Orange)

And for kicks, my 1:25 scale plastic collection:

Ertl 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Promo (Red)
AMT 1988 Pontiac Banshee Concept Car (Red)
AMT Knight Rider 2000 KIFT
AMT Knight Rider KITT

I also have a huge 1:64 scale diecast collection. I won't go through them all, but here are the gems:

Hot Wheels - KITT from Knight Rider (Japan)
Hot Wheels - KARR From Knight Rider (Japan)
Kidoco - 2x Knight Rider Key Car (No Key)
Unknown - 2x Knight Rider Turbo Booster Car (1 has the Turbo Booster)
Hot Wheels - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 1 (Japan)
Hot Wheels - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 2 (Japan)
Hot Wheels - DMC Delorean from Back To The Future Part 3 (Japan)
Hot Wheels Airwold Helicopter (Japan)
Hot Wheels Limited Edition 1989 Batmobile 2-Car Set (Shields Up/Sheilds Down)
Hot Wheels 1/10,000 Limited Edition 1989 Batmobile
Also have about 10 - 20 other versions of Hot Wheels Batmobiles
Phil

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:19 pm

20 other versions of batmobiles? seriously how many are there? I've got the 1:18 movie and comic version but I've had to start being abit more selective due to lack of space. Speaking of which heres a quick run down of my collection:

1:18: AutoArt
1999 Richard Burns Signed Subura Rally car
1999, 2000 (monte spec and Acropolis spec), 2001 Ford Focus

1:18: Minichamps
Damon Hills 94, 96 & 98 F1 cars
Juan Montoya's 2001 to current season F1 cars

1:18 Onyx
Damon Hills 95 and 96 F1 cars (x2, yes thats 3 of the same in total!)

1:18 others
Damon Hill signed Hot wheels 1999 F1 Jordon
Frentzen 2000, 2001 Hot wheels F1 cars
Signed snowy McRae Citreon (in the post)
Signed Hasselhoff ERTL KITT car (in process)
Batmobiles: 1998 movie and 2000 comic version (also have 4 animated series specs from the first to Batman Beyond)
Sunstar BTTF2 Deloren
Yat Ming 1979 and 2002 Trans AM

1:10
Personally signed by Hasselhoff talking Kenner KITT....as a tahnk you for sending my stuff to the Graham Norton show. That was my RC car doing the jump.

1:25
About 10 Binaltech Transformers. Believe me, they are that good!

1:43
Too much to talk about. So many F1 cars, those Aoshima KITT/KARR's.

....I think thats it for the 1:18. Apart from the very new batmobile, Montoyas F1 cars and KARR I don't want to add to that. Theres simply no space left. Besides you gotta see the other KR stuff I've got here....and the Batman (including 3 statues!)....and the Transformers (got the mega sized Unicron statue)....see what I mean by lack of space!

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:37 pm

Man thats a good collection here is mine

1/18:
KITT from KR (modified with better detailed KNIGHT plate on back, and blackwash applied to the wheels for more accurate depth)
General Lee
Batmoblie from firs batman movie
58 Plymouth Fury turned into Christine

1/25:
Smokey and the Bandit Trans am
Welly BTTF Delorean from part I
Welly BTTF Delorean from part II
Welly BTTF Delorean from part III
Welly Delorean coupe
1940s Comics Batmobile
1960s Comics Batmobile
Michael: "You know, your as much fun as a divorce, which is not a bad idea!"
KITT: "I want custody of ME!"

Knight Rider: The Pilot

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:16 pm

I wish I knew how to attach photos on this site, so I could show you my die cast car collection. I keep most of my die cast collection mint in the box to maintain their value. In addition to my 1:18 scale die cast KITT, I own

1:18 scale

Back To The Future Delorean Time Machines from parts II & III
American Express Gold Delorean
The CAR, (Black)
71 Plymouth Cuda' from Phantasm (Black)
70 Dodge Challenger from Fast & the Furious (Orange)
Speed Racer's Mach 5 & Shooting Star
The Batmobile

No Name Cars

Ford F150 truck (Silver)
61 Lincoln Continental with suicide doors (Black)
69 Corvette Stingray (Black)
69 Dodge Charger (Metallic Purple)
69 Pontiac Grand Prix (Red)
70 Monte Carlo (Black)
Chrysler Crossfire (Burgundy)
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:34 am

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:I wish I knew how to attach photos on this site, so I could show you my die cast car collection.
Upload your photos to this site, its free and reliable: http://imageshack.us/

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:00 am

Thank you "HondaSiR".

Knight Raider
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:25 pm

I don't really collect any die-cast models, but there's a good hobby store close to me. They even have the "Back to the Future" DeLorean and some movie Batmobiles (a regular version and a limited-edition "Battle Damage" version).
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:15 pm

walter h. anderson wrote:I don't really collect any die-cast models, but there's a good hobby store close to me. They even have the "Back to the Future" DeLorean and some movie Batmobiles (a regular version and a limited-edition "Battle Damage" version).
I have all 6 versions of the 1:18 scale Delorean by Sunstar. The 1:18 Scale 1989 Batmobile by Hot Wheels is pretty cool. I picked it up at Walmart for $9.99CDN (Awesome sale - Normally $30.00CDN). I'm not very impressed with the Battle-Damaged version.
Phil

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:42 pm

battle-damaged? I've got the 1989 movie one so what do did they do to it to make it battle damaged?

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:42 pm

sarfraz wrote:battle-damaged? I've got the 1989 movie one so what do did they do to it to make it battle damaged?

Sarfraz
BATTLE DAMAGES BATMOBILE

See following link for more pics:
http://www.idcow.com/hw2054.html
Phil