A french guy in your forum!!!!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MIKAEL
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A french guy in your forum!!!!

Post by MIKAEL » Sun May 15, 2005 10:50 am

Hi everybody!!!! my 1st name is Mikaël, and I'm french and live in France, in Normandy at Dieppe. I'm a Knight Rider fan since 15 years yet!!!! I have the 1st season DVD pack and I'm waiting for the 2nd. I discovered this site in surfing on the web and its great, continue like this!!! I discovered too SKAR and I'm actually making my own version, i'll show you him when the progress will be well. For finish my 1st message, i have a question for my project: do you know where can I find a program to create an Artificial Intelligence for my car? Thanks for your answers.

PS: excuse me if my english isn't perfect.
KITT will stay forever in my heart, i was 8 years old when i saw him for the first time, and i didn't leaved him since. I am develloping my version of SKAR. I would like to give him an AI, it will be great, if i could make it.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun May 15, 2005 11:52 am

Welcome to the boards MIKAEL! Glad to have you amongst us KR fans. :D

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Sun May 15, 2005 12:00 pm

Hi Mikaël! Welcome to the Community!
Here we're all Knight Rider crazy fans...hehe... :wink:
Navig

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sun May 15, 2005 1:13 pm

Hello and welcome! :)

Don't worry about your English. You're doing better than some Americans I know. :wink:

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Sun May 15, 2005 1:57 pm

Thanks a lot for your welcome, it's very nice to you, and I'm glad too to meet you, and I though if any of you has msn messenger, do you want to give me your address to speak out the forum? I'll be happy if it's possible.
KITT will stay forever in my heart, i was 8 years old when i saw him for the first time, and i didn't leaved him since. I am develloping my version of SKAR. I would like to give him an AI, it will be great, if i could make it.

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Sun May 15, 2005 2:02 pm

Oh and I forgottent, i've a dictionnary french/english to helping me if I can't find a word I need, or if I don't understand a word In a post.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun May 15, 2005 2:19 pm

Welcome Mikael! :)

We are used to people from all over the world who do not speak English too well and we welcome them all. No problem. Do your best and I'm sure we can figure out what you're saying. :)

If you're looking for folks for have MSN messenger, if you look at the bottom of the person's post, you'll see some buttons and one might be "msnm" if they have MSN messenger. If they don't have it, the button will not appear.

"pm" button let's you send the person who posted a "Private Message" so that only they will be able to read the message, and not other people on the board.

If you have any questions, then please feel free to ask. This board is full of very helpful people. :)

Good luck on your AI project. I have two: Ultra Hal Assistant (from Zabaware), which I also have an AIM bot for (though not developed or ready for public use yet) and I have another AI project started I'm doing in Visual Basic 6 from scratch. I've been interested in and experimenting with the idea of Artificial Intelligence ever since typing in the BASIC programming code for ELIZA back in the 80s. :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Mon May 16, 2005 8:03 am

Thanks a lot to you Fuzzie Dice for your welcome, I've a question for my AI project : Is visual basic 6 enough performant for programming an AI like KITT? Because my aim is progamming this AI at the same of KITT but with some "goodies". I've another question, for all bodys who come in my topic: where can I found the convertible KITT version for NFS 4, made by Karr_Knight and Knight Racer? Is there a link or a site to download it? Please answer me it's very important I would like very much to enjoy it in NFS4.

Michael Archangel
Volunteer

Post by Michael Archangel » Mon May 16, 2005 8:50 am

Welcome Mikael, je suis Francais aussi!! :D

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon May 16, 2005 10:51 am

Bienvenue a toi

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 16, 2005 11:53 am

MIKAEL wrote:Thanks a lot to you Fuzzie Dice for your welcome, I've a question for my AI project : Is visual basic 6 enough performant for programming an AI like KITT? Because my aim is progamming this AI at the same of KITT but with some "goodies".
I'm not even sure myself, but I am going to try with Visual Basic 6 SP5 that I have, and the recent MySQL 4 as a database engine. As for performance, I'm not totally sure how well it'll do. I think it mainly depends on your programming skills too. But too how fast the computer is, what database engine or system of saving/retrieving learned information is used and it's speed of retrieval/saving. A lot of factors go into it. Has to be fast, but also programmed well, too.

I've started doing a little bit with Ultra Hal Assistant recently, trying to make it conversational at random without someone saying something first, and also talk and communicate without the need for a "character" screen (ie. I have the full version with voice recognition so I want to have it like the computer is talking without the need of a window popping up when the AI is speaking, etc.)

It's very interesting and fun to work with. :) Ultra Hal Assistant uses VBScript.

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Mon May 16, 2005 12:50 pm

Thanks for your pecisions, and so, where can I find this program, because I'm always looking for it, if you have a site where I could download it it will be great.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Mon May 16, 2005 3:41 pm

welcome :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Mon May 16, 2005 3:52 pm

thanks to you guys, heurereux de savoir que j'ai des compatriotes sur le forum, c'est pas trop dur de poster en anglais?

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Mon May 16, 2005 4:35 pm

i don't speak french :) but i'm sure it was something nice you said :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Tue May 17, 2005 4:44 am

All right knight of sweden, I said I'm glad to have others french guys on the forum. Don't worry I didn't log in to say anything bad, I come here to share knight rider passion with you.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 17, 2005 6:20 am

MIKAEL wrote:Thanks for your pecisions, and so, where can I find this program, because I'm always looking for it, if you have a site where I could download it it will be great.
Sorry I missed this earlier. :)

Ultra Hal Assistant can be found here:

http://www.zabaware.com/assistant/download.html

That is the free version which sometimes nags you to upgrade, and also it doesn't include speech recognition. But otherwise fully functional and very useable for study purposes as well as just recreation. :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Tue May 17, 2005 4:24 pm

Thanks a lot, Fuzzie Dice, I've downloaded the program, but it doesn't work well. I don't know what's the problem, my computer is a pentium 4 3GHZ witch I've bought 5 months ago.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 17, 2005 5:29 pm

I think there are a few people in the forum at zabaware.com (go here: http://www.zabaware.com/forum/ ) that speak and write in French. They are quite a bit more knowledgable than I am about it. You might want to post your problem there. Also let them know you speak French so that those that speak the languaget there can help you in your native language. :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Wed May 18, 2005 4:29 pm

Thanks Fuzzie Dice for your precious help, you give me,an I'll go to the forum tomorrow, because I'm very tired (we are always wednesday, and it's 10:20 pm), and I'm just come back of my work, so I'm relax an hour before sleeping. I'll say you what was wrong when I get an answer on this forum. Thans again bye!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed May 18, 2005 7:47 pm

Glad to help and good luck. :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Thu May 19, 2005 4:13 am

Oh it's a pleasure Fuzzie Dice, I keep you informed about my problem.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Thu May 19, 2005 6:40 am

you are so welcome :)

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Fri May 20, 2005 4:27 am

Thanks Knight of Sweden, but you know, I've the luck to can speak with americans fans, and other in the word, and I find that really great!!! So it's very important for me to keep this relation with you, because I can exchange some informations with my fans friends you are.

MIKAEL
Volunteer

Post by MIKAEL » Sat May 21, 2005 5:01 am

I resolved my problem Fuzzie Dice, I downloaded the 4.5 version of Ultra Hal Assistant (it seems the 5.0 version), and work properly now. It's very funny to speak with the computer, only with the keyboard for the moment, I'm working on my SKAR program, with the brain editor.