Who saw all the KR Season 2 episodes

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Who saw all the KR Season 2 episodes

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:32 pm

I am nearly down the stretch as I am on my third disc. I have just completed side A, where I really enjoyed watching the episode, "Goliath Returns". I was kinda dissapointed with the restoration of Goliath, as they had left out the rocket launcher, which I thought made Goliath look even more menacing.

I began to watch side B where the episode, "Mouth of the Snake" was a real sleeper. This episode was also a two parter, where Michael teams up with this acrobatic crimefighter, who I thought was a little boring. This guy was pretty much the star in this episode, as we hardly got to see Michael & KITT in action. This episode seemed to move very slow, as it had put me to sleep, literaly.
Last edited by KNIGHT RAIDER on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:43 pm

There is actually a reason for the lack of Michael and KITT. The limited screen time gave Hasselhoff time to enjoy a honeymoon with then wife Catherine Hickland (Stevie)

Also a couple of years after this episode the character of Dalton has a very short lived spin off called Code of Vengance.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:51 pm

In the "Mouth of the Snake", they may have let D. Hasselhoff have time off or his honeymoon, but I think that he and KITT were as much a part of that episode as David Dalton was, albeit in a more subtle, lowkeyed way. Just my opinion....
By the way, I did finish seeing all the episodes of the 2nd season DVD, and the 2nd season of "Knight Rider" was a lot more action-packed than I thought it was!

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:10 pm

Right now I am now watching the episode "Let it be me" and I noticed that (Stevie) is reunited with Michael. I wonder if this episode was shot before or after their honeymoon. It is kinda strange to see Michael playing in a band, almost as strange as seeing Devon riding a motor bike at the end of the episode, "Speed Demons".

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:12 pm

I used to dislike MOTS too but I got watching it on DVD and was surprised at how quite entertaining it was, for once.

I think the character of Dalton was entertaining and the pace moved reasonably well, so long as your focus is on the david character and not michael and kitt.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:21 pm

I can't seem to recall if "MOTS" episode was ever shown on the Sci Fi Channel, but if it were, I would never believe it was a KR episode, especially if I were channel surfung.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:37 pm

Overall, I think Season 2 is just as action packed as Seasons 1, 3, & 4. It's really sad how TV shows of today have deteriorated and are not as exciting as they were back in the day.

Kingofhearts
Volunteer

Post by Kingofhearts » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:06 pm

There is alot of new stuff that makes the season two come alive. I enjoy it more than I did when it came out on T.V. By the way, anybody know when season 4 is suppose to come out?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:08 pm

I'm close to being finished with all the episodes. All I have left is side B of disc three. I absolutely love the 2nd season so far. I think what I like the most is how K.I.T.T'S personality is really starting to blossum. :D
Last edited by LadyV2000 on Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

jyd85
Operative

Post by jyd85 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:56 pm

I feel so left out. My copy doesn't even get shipped until tomorrow.
If you'd be so kind as to put me down.

Down?

My dear, I'm a car. Not a plane.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:27 pm

I finally saw the last two episodes of KR, as I now have my entire fill of Season 2. Now we all have to wait for Seasons 3 & 4 to arrive on DVD, which will not be available on DVD for quite some time. Until then, I have to watch the slightly faded seasons 3 & 4 KR episodes I taped off the Sci Fi Channel, with the Sci Fi logo showing on the bottom screen. I will certainly miss seeing April Curtis once I start playing the season 3 episodes again, right when I was starting to get attached to her character.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:35 pm

I have 4 to go (1 on side A disc 3 and all of side B disc 3). I'm relishing every episode. :) I think I do vaguely remember seeing MOTS when it came out in the 80s and being disappointed that there was hardly no Michael and KITT, especially KITT because I watched KR back then just to get my weekly fix of seeing and hearing KITT. ;) But then I didn't like KR2000 movie when it first came out and when I saw it again on the Season One DVD set, I actually liked it quite a lot.

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:47 pm

*raises hand* :twisted: Me! Me! Pick me! I’ve seen them all. Yes, "Mouth of the Snake" is BORING. Even some people who don’t like Knight Rider said that they thought it was BORING. Hehe and that’s saying something! :wink: The music is good on that episode *puts headphones on and blasts Knight Rider CD* All you lucky people… watching your Knight Rider season two on DVD... :lol: Eh I'm going through Knight Rider withdraw, so please excuse the insanity. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:44 am

I just finished the rest of them up today. :) I dunno, I guess I found enough KITT in MOTS to get my fix. Of course watching the others was cool too. :)

Now I can start watching them over and over and over again. ;)

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:06 am

KNIGHT RAIDER said
Right now I am now watching the episode "Let it be me" and I noticed that (Stevie) is reunited with Michael. I wonder if this episode was shot before or after their honeymoon.
Mouth of the Snake was the last episode filmed for Season 2, and the schedule allowed time for David and Catherine Hickland to get married. Let It Be Me was made immediately before Mouth of the Snake.

For those interested in such miscellanea, the actual production order for the Season 2 episodes is as follows:

Return to Cadiz
Ring of Fire
Merchants of Death
Big Iron
Brother's Keeper
Goliath
Blind Spot
K.I.T.T. the Cat
Custom K.I.T.T.
Soul Survivor
Knightmares
Silent Knight
A Knight in Shining Armor
Diamonds Aren't a Girl's Best Friend
White-Line Warriors
Race For Life
Speed Demons
Goliath Returns
A Good Knight's Work
Let It Be Me
Mouth of the Snake

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:12 am

I thought Goliath started off season 2

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:39 am

Goliath did start Season 2 (and was always meant to start Season 2) -- in the order they were shown on TV. But it was the 6th episode to be filmed for the Second Season.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com