1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

daroga
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by daroga » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:31 am

Is ~$34 shipped (via Amazon) about as good as it gets on this model? I want to get this and KARR, but actually with rumors of a fixed floodlight, I might wait a spell and see if they become widespread.

daroga

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:58 pm

$34.00 for the ERTL KITT is a good price, you can't go wrong with it. I bought mine in a store for $33.00. You can purchase one in ebay for $26.00 or less but if you include the shipping fee, it will surely go beyond $30.00.

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:05 pm

daroga wrote:Is ~$34 shipped (via Amazon) about as good as it gets on this model? I want to get this and KARR, but actually with rumors of a fixed floodlight, I might wait a spell and see if they become widespread.

daroga
Including shipping, taxes, etc, I paid $33.58 from Amazon. It shipped really quickly too, and for that price it's great. Everywhere else online I found it was ~$35 before taxes, shipping etc, which makes the overall price probably more than $40.

Since I couldn't find it anywhere actually here in town, Amazon's base price of $24.99 was easily the best I found on the net.

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:13 pm

What types of stores even carry this? I've looked at Toys R Us, WalMart, etc. and not found any of the big ERTL models, let alone KITT. If you bought him locally, where did you find him?

daroga

daroga
Rookie

discontinued??

Post by daroga » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:04 pm

Well, I was calling around to local stores to see if anyone had the KITT model. One lady told me that the model wasn't made anymore. I didn't buy that till I looked around online too and many places (save for eBay and Amazon) have it as discontinued or out of stock. Are they really done making these? Or is this a sign of the new, fixed-floodlight stock coming in?

daroga

K.I.T.T.2002.
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T.2002. » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:03 pm

I picked up my ERTL version of 1:18 KITT from my local toyshop on Thursday, I am really pleased with it, my face lit up when I saw it as I wasn't even looking for it at the time -I was looking for the Batmobile- anyway I had to get it right there and then.

Only one thing slightly bugs me, the scanner "blinks" every time is goes to the side, apart from that Im happy.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:21 am

I've got some good news for those of you who don't have the ERTL KITT yet. Here in Manila, the diecast is now beginning to flood the store shelves. It means that the supply is beginning to catch up with the demand now. Good news for those who don't plan on buying it online.

The downside is....it costs a little higher now. Back in November when I bought mine, I paid $33.00 for it. Now they cost from $40.00 to $55.00! I'm glad I got my copy at a cheaper price back then, hopefully for the folks in other countries, the price would still be under $35.00.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:51 am

Hm...You would think it'd be the other way around. Most things usually cost more when they're hard to get.

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:51 pm

Price depends on the supply, but also on the retailer. For example, I purchased the 'Starsky & Hutch' 1976 Ford Gran Torino at Wal-Mart here in Toronto, Canada for $29.99CDN. Meanwhile, in the same mall, a car model place was selling the identical vehicle for $69.99CDN. (INSANE!)

daroga
Rookie

He's here!

Post by daroga » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:20 pm

Well, KITT arrived today. I'm really enjoying him, so much cooler than even the pictures can make him out to be. Currently, as I'm working at my school's library, he's standing guard at the circulation desk, keeping his "scanners peeled." ;) The only thing that's really annoying that I've foudn is how losoely the T-Tops sit on the frame. Other than that, he rocks! :D

Any idea how long the batteries last? The way I'll probably have him sitting on my desk, always running the light, I might want to stock up on those little batteries. ;)

daroga

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Re: He's here!

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:16 pm

daroga wrote:Any idea how long the batteries last? The way I'll probably have him sitting on my desk, always running the light, I might want to stock up on those little batteries. ;)

daroga
TurbomanKnight once left his scanner on overnight....and the batteries drained pretty quickly it may seem. I would guess that it takes around 24 hours, more or less.

lordvader
Rookie

Post by lordvader » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:28 am

Here are the last two photos of my models for now. I had to give the camera back to my Aunt. I hopefully will be able to borrow it again sometime soon. Anybody else have any photos of their models, especially KITT? Anyways, here they are:

http://www.geocities.com/mschardt2003/models/kitt14.JPG
http://www.geocities.com/mschardt2003/models/kitt15.JPG

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:46 am

HondaSiR wrote:
daroga wrote:Any idea how long the batteries last? The way I'll probably have him sitting on my desk, always running the light, I might want to stock up on those little batteries. ;)

daroga
TurbomanKnight once left his scanner on overnight....and the batteries drained pretty quickly it may seem. I would guess that it takes around 24 hours, more or less.
Oh my... He really did that.... :o

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:58 pm

Here's my first try of the KITT turboboost scene.
<edit>
Here's 2 more pics:
The pic above shows how I put the model in the air, I put first a line of plastic wire to the roof of my apartment and then hang the model from there with 2 black wires. It didn't work as I planned because the wire on the roof gave too much up and couldn't get the model high enough so I could've put it on top of the Fiero. Also could not get the model in balance, the rear end wanted to stay lower than the front end.

-KITTfan-

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 7:45 pm

GR81 says:

Hi guys from Montreal, Canada. I am new here but not the first time i visit this site. Great site by the way. I am an active member over at He-man.org and ToyNewssi.com.

Now, i need help guys. I want that KITT car model (just found out about it) and i live in Canada. I have read that PBH found one in Canada, but where? Also, reading this thread seems to lead that a new KITT vs KARR set will come out. Is this true? Should i wait for that insted of the current one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:03 pm

GR81 wrote:Also, reading this thread seems to lead that a new KITT vs KARR set will come out. Is this true? Should i wait for that insted of the current one?
KITT vs. KARR set? I don't think ERTL has any plans yet of releasing a two-car package. You can purchase the ERTL KITT now over the internet or if you're lucky, your local hobby/toy store.

The ERTL KARR will be due in stores later this year.

By the way, Welcome to the boards GR81!! :)

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:48 pm

HondaSiR wrote: KITT vs. KARR set? I don't think ERTL has any plans yet of releasing a two-car package. You can purchase the ERTL KITT now over the internet or if you're lucky, your local hobby/toy store.

The ERTL KARR will be due in stores later this year.

By the way, Welcome to the boards GR81!! :)
GR81 says:

Must of read it wrong then. Thanks for the info. A KARR is a definate must. Was KITT available or still is for the general public aka WallMart, Toysrus, etc...

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:49 pm

KITT should still be available in stores that specialize in diecast cars. I live in the Philippines and I have noticed that hobby shops here have replenished their stocks. Back in January through March, it was impossible to find it in stores, but now... :)

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:40 am

imranbecks wrote:
HondaSiR wrote:

daroga
Oh my... He really did that.... :o
Yeah, I did that. Im pretty dumb. :x I forgot to turn it off as I was entertaining a guest. I mean the scanner turns on but, its dim. :(
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:17 am

I have yet to see tham at any Wal-Mart's or Toys R Us' in Canada.

Look in the Yellow Pages & call hobby places like I did. You'll be sure to find KITT soon in Montreal.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:17 am

I have yet to see tham at any Wal-Mart's or Toys R Us' in Canada.

Look in the Yellow Pages & call hobby places like I did. You'll be sure to find KITT soon in Montreal.
Phil
On Facebook & MySpace :-)

"One man can make a difference. Like Orville Redenbacher"

GR81
Volunteer

Post by GR81 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:01 am

PBH wrote:I have yet to see tham at any Wal-Mart's or Toys R Us' in Canada.

GR81 says:

Dont need to double post me, i got it the first time lol Had to say it hehe

But seriouslty, thanks dude. How mush did you get it ?

MiKA-
Volunteer

Post by MiKA- » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:15 am

Excuse me, but does somebody know can i get that mini-model of KITT from somewhere Finland? Thanks!

PBH
FLAG Assistant

Post by PBH » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:27 am

GR81 wrote:How mush did you get it ?
I picked it up for $50.00CDN here in Toronto, but some places had them for as high as $80.00CDN. So be sure to call around to get a good price.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:34 am

MiKA- wrote:Excuse me, but does somebody know can i get that mini-model of KITT from somewhere Finland? Thanks!
I got mine from Collectors Modeltoys, it's a finnish company and trustworthy. My model was delivered fast, well packaged and they also kept me informed very well.
http://www.multi.fi/~model/inde.htm

-KITTfan-