Episode, "Junk Yard Dog"

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Episode, "Junk Yard Dog"

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:30 am

I was watching the episode, "Junk Yard Dog" on Sci Fi and I really felt bad for KITT when he got tossed into the acid pool. It was such a terrible sight to see KITT's black finish and interior entirely melted away, for he had looked totally stripped. But thanks to the technical support of Bonnie, Michael, and the FLAG team, they whipped KITT back into shape.

I can relate to how KITT was feeling when he was struggling to overcome his fear, especially after his traumatic experience in the acid pool. We hear Michael telling KITT about his experience when he got shot in the face and would flinch at any loud sound, particularly a gun shot. Basically, the episode was telling us about how we must face our fears and not let fear stop us from doing what we have to do.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:57 am

That episode was one of the best of the 3rd season, in my opinion.

Yetiii98
Recruit

Post by Yetiii98 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:03 am

That episode was class....and when they re-build kitt, looks really good in white too...before he is repainted!

Izsendorph
Volunteer

Post by Izsendorph » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:16 am

That's one of my favorite episodes too!

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:11 pm

I think this episode is very unique. It shows a vulnerable side of KITT, and it offers an insight into KITT's humanity (Devon verified it in Knight Rider 2000). It's amazing that even a sophisticated, artificially-intelligent machine like KITT suffers from fear just like the rest of us.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:35 pm

i too agree this was the best episode in season 3, maybe even the best episode ever....first and only show where kitt was seriously damaged and needed repair that was not a 2 part show.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:33 pm

Another thing that I liked best about that episode is when we see Michael telling Bonnie about how we take things for granted in a crisis and acknowledging how good she really is. It is soo true about how we all take things for granted and how we do not appreciate the things we have until they are gone, wishing things could return the way they were. We also see Michael in the waiting room, having flashbacks of KITT during the good times they shared together.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:29 pm

I loved that episode.I felt bad for kitt though because after kitt saved Michaels life so many times,when he realy needed help from Michael he was powerless.

What I didnt understand is if the test track was to see if kitt still had it then why was Michael allowed to test kitt in normal mode?He could do the same before he was re tweaked.The test was for kitt the car not the driver.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:52 pm

In the very same episode, I noticed a mechanical prop device in the laboratory, the very same one that was used in the TV mini series " V, The Final Battle". This prop served as a self destruct mechanism on the mother ship, which required a pair of keys to activate it. The very same prop was used on KITT to maintain his vitals.

ramon88us
FLAG Recruit

Post by ramon88us » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:18 pm

It would be cool to see a die cast of white kitt.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:44 am

Actually, KITT expressed fear even during the first season. Like the Inside Out episode when they were about to arrive at the compound, KITT wondered what happened to the cars if the drivers never came back. :) There were other times KITT was concerned for his own well being as well. Junkyard Dog just took that a large step further and defined KITT as more than just a machine.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:36 am

ramon88us wrote:It would be cool to see a die cast of white kitt.
You could call it "White Rider." :D
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightwalker
Volunteer

Post by knightwalker » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:51 pm

i thought it was a great episode as well. would have been nice to have more shots of kitt n michael, n a funny conversation between them in the flashback scene.
one thing though, i dont get why KITT coudlnt just turbo boost off the skids. would he have had to be driving n pick up speed 2 do that? n if so, couldnt he just accelerate n jump? i still think he should have been able 2 turbo jump, but then we wouldnt have had such a great episode.

wooster
Stranger

Post by wooster » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:17 am

Does anyone know where I can get a picture of KITT when he's brought out of the pool of acid?

K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R
Volunteer

Post by K.I.T.T vs K.A.R.R » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:00 pm

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:56 pm

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote:In the very same episode, I noticed a mechanical prop device in the laboratory, the very same one that was used in the TV mini series " V, The Final Battle". This prop served as a self destruct mechanism on the mother ship, which required a pair of keys to activate it. The very same prop was used on KITT to maintain his vitals.

They always do things like that The computers on the back wall of the Semi I have seen appear on several other things.. It appears in Main Engineering during Kirks Inspection in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Kahn... I Have seen it on other TV shows also. I believe its in Airplane 2 (not too sure about that)