A deam of a "Knight Rider" like vehicle model.

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CB2001
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A deam of a "Knight Rider" like vehicle model.

Post by CB2001 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:29 pm

I had a dream that I was in something that looked like a combination of comic book store and a hobby shop. I was looking around and came across what looked like this old model (the company logo looked like the AMT/ERTL logo, but I'm not sure about it now). And the box said "Revolver", and had a small box at an angle that read "Based on the vehicle from the series". The car on the box looked like something that was a major customized/concept car (like a combination of the prototype '89 Pontiac Fiero and that Dodge Interceptor from the movie "The Wraith" with Charlie Sheen), but the box design looked as if it were from the late 80s, early 90s.

The car, on the box, was grey (or maybe a silver that looks similar to grey) and it presented itself in two different versions. A normal "street version" (which looked rather noticable on its own if it went down the street, sticking out like a sore thumb to use the old saying) and a "Knight Rider"-style Super Pursuit mode version. I noticed that on the SPM version of the kit, it had a sticker on the inside one of the "flaps" tha said "XB-1". And the car seemed badass to me. I noticed that the box had a "$1" sticker on it and seemed like it was somewhat MIB (except the plastic film on it was coming off). I wanted to buy it, but this goth girl behind the counter said, "I'm afraid I can't sell you the whole model. But I can sell you the wheels from that kit." to which I replied, "I don't need wheels. I've got plenty of them at home (which ironically, in the waking world, I do), so I put the model down and left.

UPDATE:
After waking up, I went online to the Internet Movie Database, where I looked up the title "Revolver" to see if there were any such show that may have featured the car in my dream. I found out there are a lot of films and TV shows named "Revolver", including one that features the late Robert Urich (of "Vegas" fame) as a former FBI agent who is in a wheelchair after being shot by an assassin (which ironically came on yesterday, but didn't feature any kind of car that looked like the one on the box cover).

And as strange as it sounds, I actually wish the model was real, but I can't even remember what the model looks like now. I know I said that it looked like a cross between the '89 Fiero prototype and the Dodge Interceptor from "The Wraith", but now I'm not sure how much of the vehicle looks like what. For all I know, it could have been a concept car that I saw a long time ago (a 95 Ford GT90, pictured here)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:38 pm

It appears that watching many TV series with the "Revolver" and Knight Rider theme has somewhat awakened your subconscious state....and plays out through your dreams. Its not an abnormality or such, we all dream when we are in deep sleep. In my case, I rarely remember the exact details of my dreams, only bits and pieces of it.

Unfortunately, its my nightmares that I remember quite vividly when I was younger. And its scary specially when waking up in the middle of the night and gasping for breath. Usually it had something to do with drowning or falling from the sky, but that was long long ago. Nowadays I sleep heavily and normally. I still await that faithful night when my dream will enable me to become Michael Knight and have KITT as my chariot...just for the time being while I'm sleeping. :wink:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:43 pm

HondaSiR wrote:It appears that watching many TV series with the "Revolver" and Knight Rider theme has somewhat awakened your subconscious state....and plays out through your dreams. Its not an abnormality or such, we all dream when we are in deep sleep. In my case, I rarely remember the exact details of my dreams, only bits and pieces of it.

Unfortunately, its my nightmares that I remember quite vividly when I was younger. And its scary specially when waking up in the middle of the night and gasping for breath. Usually it had something to do with drowning or falling from the sky, but that was long long ago. Nowadays I sleep heavily and normally. I still await that faithful night when my dream will enable me to become Michael Knight and have KITT as my chariot...just for the time being while I'm sleeping. :wink:
Man, your dream is cool.

But the thing about mine is that I have never watched a show or a movie called "Revolver" before the dream. I think I would remember the name of a movie or a TV show called "Revolver" if I had seen it. I mean, I remembered the word from the dream, and "Revolver" isn't the kind of word you forget very easily. Needless to say, I wish my drawing skills were good, because I would have tried to draw out the car if I could.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:55 pm

Neither am I good at drawing things, although I did take up Fine Arts for one semester (switching to another course afterwards).

Good thing we are good at model building though...it certainly makes up for our lack of artistic skills sort to speak. :wink:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:42 am

Well, I'm not completely good at modeling. I just do what I can. And if i did do a model of the car from my dream, I'd need about five or six models to kitbash from. But like I said, the appearance of the car has faded slightly, so I don't remember how it is suppose to look.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:32 am

Hey, attack of the old post!!! I figured I'd go ahead and post this. I have an idea on how the car looks now. Too bad I can't draw it to save my life. In a way, the vehilce is sort of in similar design to the Lightcycles from "Tron", only more realistically designed as an automobile.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:05 pm

Speaking of dreams, I had a dream of KITT and KARR last night (well, this morning, technically).

In my dream, I saw in KITT's Vox display suddenly change to the red-box type but instead of a glowing red box, it was glowing red but with brighter read letters which first said "FIRE!" and then numbers then "Error" and more numbers. KITT was saying to leave the car immediately. So Michael and I booked and ran. I was running away in my own neighborhood, afraid that KITT might malfunction and come after us. Then I found myself unexplainably in Dryden driving Michael and I to my parents house (in the dream I owned it) and telling him I have KARR now, who is in the garage and won't be happy. Then the door was open and KARR was there with his yellow scanner brightly going back and forth, missing a light or two on the left side. I told Michael, "See, he's not at all happy with me, because I'm late." or something like that.

Then I was talking to KARR in the garage telling him that we had to go get KITT. And I made the mistake of calling KITT KARR's brother. KARR rolled forward at me in warning, which I then took back the remark sorta and tried to reassure KARR somehow. :)

That's about all I remember of the dream. It was rather odd. And I barely ever remember my dreams this late in the afternoon but it was one I did remember. :)

Maybe it would make a good fanfic (if/when I ever get time to write again). :lol:

BTW, in my dream, KARR was the black/silver version.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:20 pm

Wow... That'd be a trippy fan fic, for sure.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:08 am

Yeah, it would be an interesting one to write. :) In fact, come to think of it, I'm not even sure HOW I'd write that one. :lol: