Knight Rider Movie, PG-13 or R rated

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Movie, PG-13 or R rated

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:30 pm

I was kinda wondering if the upcoming Knight Rider movie will be a PG-13 film or will it be R-rated. Most likely, it will be a PG-13 film, for the original TV show was catered to viewers of all ages. It would be hard to picture Knight Rider as a R-rated film, for it would discredit the image the show has stood for. I just couldn't picture KITT swearing throughout the entire film, although KARR would, "they must have picked up my sonar, DAMM". :D
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:38 pm

So what was your point about asking whether it would be Rated R or Rated PG 13 when you basically answered your own question?

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:00 pm

I was basically curious as to wether the upcoming movie would retain the same values as the original TV series, or would it mainly cater to a newer generation.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:14 pm

Good point..i didnt meen to bash or flame you in any way man

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:21 pm

The movie would probably retain its "for all ages" rating. Definitely there would be no nudity, but a little swearing here and there may be included but not too harsh. Its for keeping up with the times.

The word "damn" is not really a harsh word nowadays. Certainly not when compared to the four letter "F" word or such.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:21 pm

It's all cool.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:28 pm

You have a very good point "HondaSiR". In just about every PG-13 film, there is going to be some form of swearing, even if it is just for humour.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:41 pm

Well...even Knight Rider said "Damn" every once in awhile.

I think anythign more than PG-13 would hurt sales by cutting otu sdome of the audience
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:48 am

If it was rated R i wouldn't even go see it and would be highly disappointed. Knight Rider was about action and fun, without any real vulgarity. PG-13 would be a perfect rating because you could have some real heart stopping action but keep the swearing to a minimum. I just hope there are so sex scenes. To me that would completely ruin the movie, but then again I am a bit of a prude. :wink:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:55 am

The new Battlestar Galactica series on Sci Fi is one good example where they have sex scenes, where the original series would not allow it.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:24 pm

A little swearing isn't bad.
A little kissy-kissy isn't bad, either.
Just no nudity, gore, or racial slurs and I'll be one of the first to say "This is a really good film." Add any of the above, and the film would probably be a flop, with no chance for a sequel.

It's gotta be PG-13.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.