1/18 Die Cast KITT Coming In December

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

pewter 02ws6
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:55 am

Brian99_1 wrote:I just recieved an email from Drtoy and I've been told my KITT will ship tomorrow...
There are only 129 bad reviews against 6697 great or good ones, that's pretty good for any business because sometimes no one is ever happy.
there were actaully at least 50 more negative feedbacks that were withdrawn, about 160 neutrals and quite a few where people jumped the gun and left positive feedback before receiving their item(s)only to follow up with negative comments. the feedback rating is manipulative. you can look at a selller that has a feedback rating of over 95% but depending on how much stuff he sells, you might find that the seller screwed a few hundred people. i know you can't please everyone but you should look at deartoy30's feedback compared to other stand-up sellers and actually read through all of the feedbacks. you might be shocked on what you will find though it appears that his rating is good.
for example
"vs-diecast"
last month 1431 positive
1 neutral
0 negative

last 6 months 7021 positive
9 neutral
1 negative

last 12 months 9856 positive
13 neutral
3 negative

"deartoy30"
last month 1250 positive
33 neutral
39 negative

last 6 months 5469 positive
129 neutral
112 negative

last year 6775 positive
160 neutral
130 negative

still think deartoy30's feedback is pretty good business?????
it also comes down to what the complaints are. this guy obviously is taking on more than he can handle. he frequently sends the wrong items,frequently sends items that are broken and also claims that the buyers never paid even though some have proof where as other sellers negatives might be from people who didn't pay or just can't be pleased no matter what. if you have 130 negative feedbacks with 45% of the people complaining they got the wrong item and another 45% complaining they got broken items, this should tell you something. it isn't that you can't please everyone, it is that the seller has a history of bad dealings period!!

like i said, be grateful that this guy didn't screw up your order or send you a broken car or you would be one of the many to get negative feedback from him. if i have my pick of sellers to buy from, it sure as hell won't be from him. :wink:

Brian99_1
Volunteer

Post by Brian99_1 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:40 am

Well I got an email from Drtoy that my KITT has shipped.

I've read about 50 pages worth of feedback on this seller and yeah there are some questionable things but I contacted the dealer before hand to check things out and so far the communication for me at least has been good and VERY prompt like as in an hour or two if not less the communications were albeit brief but exactly the information I requested.
I must say nothing has ever topped the experience I had with Hitchcock Media (the folks who did the Best of Don Peake CD) They went above and beyond the call of duty trying to get me a new CD when they thought mine was lost in the mail.

I didn't read anything in the feedback that told me it was anymore unreliable then say Amazon.com or any other sort of dealer that ships from say a warehouse or small store. both types from whom I've gotten broken merchandise or even the wrong thing from before I'm also not saying that I will deal with Dr.Toy in the future it all depends on this transaction.

I went on the recommendation of a fellow fan here on in the forum whom had a good experience and I thank them for even taking the time to recommend anyone. Since I was shopping around and checking out online dealers because of my location DrToy was around the same price overall actually a couple dollars less then some others so I took the advice and ordered and so far it looks as though it going to work out just fine(I will of course post when I receive the car for a final verdict) I may be just lucky or I could end up with something that is broken who knows but we take that chance on anything we order online. that is why the insurance is in place.

pewter thanks for trying to give me some perspective on the seller and I do appreciate your opinions and the fact that some of the feedback isn't that stellar and perhaps depending on pricing and my experience with DRtoy I will have to give vs-diecast a try but this is my first Die Cast Purchase online not to mention my first ebay purchase. I guess I'm just going to have to draw my own conclusions when KITT arrives.

thanks again
Brian99_1

Hunter
Recruit

Post by Hunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:27 pm

hey i'm new,i got my ertl joy ride kitt yesterday,its not completely accurate but it rocks,there is one thing that is kinda ****ed up on mine,everytime i pull out the grappling hook it just pings back in,and it only pulls out about half way :?

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:40 pm

Well, a lot of people couldn't get the grappling hook back in. Consider yourself lucky. :D Welcome to the board, Hunter!

I just got KITT today, and he is awesome! He's still screwed into his stand (The family toolbox has mysteriously vanished) but I did play around with him a little. The scanner is definitely cool. To be honest, while the blinking at the end is noticable, it's not a big deal, so I'll leave it as-is. Plus, I don't trust myself to replace the diodes. One thing I didn't realize until I saw him in-person: KITT's huge! I thought he'd be the same size as a 1974 Firebird model I have, but KITT's about four inches longer. And for those interested, the grand total from Amazon.com was $34.15, including shipping.

Hunter
Recruit

Post by Hunter » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:39 pm

thanks for the welcome,i have read every page of this thread and i know that guy had trouble getting the grappling hook in,so did i yesterday,all you need to do is put your finger on the roller thing that the string is on and roll it downwards and the string will roll back in :wink:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:26 pm

Phoenix915 wrote:Well, a lot of people couldn't get the grappling hook back in. Consider yourself lucky. :D Welcome to the board, Hunter!

I just got KITT today, and he is awesome! He's still screwed into his stand (The family toolbox has mysteriously vanished) but I did play around with him a little. The scanner is definitely cool. To be honest, while the blinking at the end is noticable, it's not a big deal, so I'll leave it as-is. Plus, I don't trust myself to replace the diodes. One thing I didn't realize until I saw him in-person: KITT's huge! I thought he'd be the same size as a 1974 Firebird model I have, but KITT's about four inches longer. And for those interested, the grand total from Amazon.com was $34.15, including shipping.
Yes, I hear you. Amazon is the best place to buy from cause you get a 30 day return policy vs ebay you don't. The light is so bright and if you look at it from an angle standing up, it looks just like the show and the delay is barley noticable. I love mine. I wish it was a little bit bigger like the old one back in the 80's that talked, but that was more like 1:16 scale, other then that, it's everything and then some. Thanks everyone who suggested Amazon. You know what pissed me off though, Toys r us never got it in stores, but has it online through Amazon. :evil:
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:51 am

MIKEMAC wrote:The light is so bright and if you look at it from an angle standing up, it looks just like the show and the delay is barley noticable.
I feel the same way. Looking at it from slightly above makes it look just like the show even if it's less diodes. While I have to say the idea of placing the diodes underneath a strip of thick plastic to create a prism effect to create the trail was a creative idea, looking at it head-on doesn't look like the original scanner.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:57 pm

Lost Knight wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:The light is so bright and if you look at it from an angle standing up, it looks just like the show and the delay is barley noticable.
I feel the same way. Looking at it from slightly above makes it look just like the show even if it's less diodes. While I have to say the idea of placing the diodes underneath a strip of thick plastic to create a prism effect to create the trail was a creative idea, looking at it head-on doesn't look like the original scanner.
True, head on it doesn't look like the scanner, looking at it from above it does. 8)
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:45 pm

that model sounds awesome. i had no clue there was so much Knight Rider stuff still around today. damn i should have discovered this place along time ago.

By the way I'm new if you couldn't tell and im loving it here.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:47 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:that model sounds awesome. i had no clue there was so much Knight Rider stuff still around today. damn i should have discovered this place along time ago.

Welcome and cool Avi! 8)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:57 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:that model sounds awesome. i had no clue there was so much Knight Rider stuff still around today. damn i should have discovered this place along time ago.

Welcome to KRO! Stick around often and you will definitely learn a lot and enjoy it in the process. Welcome aboard! 8)

Tetsu
Recruit

Post by Tetsu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:35 pm

Hey guys,
Can anyone help me on how to post a video clip taken from a digicam? I can record on my cam but I can't seem to get it to upload into my compture. Keeps telling me "real player cannot play file".
Thanks so much guys,
Tetsu

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:37 pm

I went to the Moultrie Car Show and Automotive Swap Meet. And I have something to say....

(singing)
I got a KITT, I got a KITT, I got a KITT, hey hey hey hey!

There were only four venders selling the 1/18th scale KITT. The first one I came across was for $30 dollars. The other three, $35. I waited throughout the day until it was time for me to leave. I went back to the first guy, bought KITT for the $30 price tag.

So in other words...

I got a KITT, I got a KITT, I got a KITT, hey hey hey hey!!!!!!!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:28 pm

Heh, congratulations...you finally bagged one eh? $30.00? Not bad, at least you didn't have to purchase it online and wait a week. Not bad at all :wink:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:11 am

Thanks. $30. Even though the ones online were probably in the $25-$27 dollar range, when you put in the shipping and handling, it would cost roughly around that ammount (or at least I assumed so). It was definately worth the wait, because I had a feeling that at least two die-cast car sellers were going to have them available, because they always have the movie and TV die-cast cars available. For example, I came across two "General Lee" 1/18 scale cars at one of the booths that apparently had been caught in a hiccup during manufacturing (they didn't have any blue in the 0 for the "01" on the driver side door, nor did the "General Lee" decal on the driveside roof have blue in them. They were just the white outlines).

Also, I bought a 1/24 scale '05 Mustang GT die-cast car, which I plan on altering a bit to make the "Knight Rider: Legacy" KITT, as it appears on the poster (and Ironically enough, the model I bought has a T-Top design to it!).

But I am proud to have the 1/18th scale KITT. It's not only my first 1/18 scale diecast car purchase, but it's the closest I'll probably ever get to having the Kenner KITT (though I still wouldn't mind having one that doesn't come with a MK figure, seeing that I already have one). But hey, I'm happy! I'm so happy, I'm bringing in my "Knight Rider" smiley face dance group!

DANCE DUDES!! (cues up the "Knight Rider" theme remix by TV Junkees, featuring KITT)

Ladies and Gentleman, Code Breaker's "Knight Rider" Dance Group

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:36 am

CB2001 wrote: I came across two "General Lee" 1/18 scale cars at one of the booths that apparently had been caught in a hiccup during manufacturing (they didn't have any blue in the 0 for the "01" on the driver side door, nor did the "General Lee" decal on the driveside roof have blue in them. They were just the white outlines
there isn't supposed to be any blue in the O1 on the doors. the numbers are supposed to be black with white outlines. as far as the general lee on the roof, the text is supposed to be blue with a white outline but ertl screwed this up for all of the 1:18 cars as they incorrectly have the text being colored black. if the black is missing from the general lee and the O on the door is not colored at all on the inside, the cars you seen were the "race day" version of the general lee and were deliberately produced this way. :wink:they also should have featured a primered hood and part of the rebel flag should have been white too. here is a link to one on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... ssPageName

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:37 pm

There wasn't a primered hood on the car. I would have noticed it if there were.

pewter 02ws6
Operative

Post by pewter 02ws6 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:45 pm

CB2001 wrote:There wasn't a primered hood on the car. I would have noticed it if there were.
none the less but what you saw were the "race day" versions of the car not cars that there was a hiccup in the manufacturing of them however i do find it odd that none had primer on the hood. are you sure you didn't miss it?

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:01 pm

pewter 02ws6 wrote:
CB2001 wrote:There wasn't a primered hood on the car. I would have noticed it if there were.
none the less but what you saw were the "race day" versions of the car not cars that there was a hiccup in the manufacturing of them however i do find it odd that none had primer on the hood. are you sure you didn't miss it?
Okay. But I'm still happy about getting a KITT. :D

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:49 pm

Who cares about General Lees? Where I'm from, they are very common and can be bought just about anywhere. But KITT is a different story. I've looked just about everywhere and I still cannot find one (except online). The toy store where I bought one from last November still has not replenished their stocks. Makes me worder if ERTL has plans of producing more KITTs in the future or are they going to concentrate their molds on the upcoming KARR project.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:29 am

The rarity of these cars really makes me appreciate them a whole lot more.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Hunter
Recruit

Post by Hunter » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:11 pm

there is one problem i am having with mine,its not a big problem but it gets annoying,the left handisde door is really loose and it just keeps flying open whenever i pickup the model :evil: anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this without defacing the interior?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:01 pm

geeze i really want one of these models now. maybe one of the vendors at the pittsburgh autoshow will have one, if so im buying! :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:04 pm

CB, i got a kick out of your little dance group. its so cute.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:19 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:CB, i got a kick out of your little dance group. its so cute.
Thank you, Lady V. I wasn't sure how many would like the joke. :)