Ridley Scott as Director of KR3K

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightfan1
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ridley Scott as Director of KR3K

Post by knightfan1 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:57 pm

I personally feel, that if they're gonna do a Knight Rider move se in the year 3000, why not hire the director of Blade Runner (similar KR style) to do it. SPECIAL NOTE: I have never seen Blade Runner, but I hear it's real good.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:26 pm

Way ahead of you...

Poster: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... m=beb6.jpg

DVD Cover(warning filesize 930 kbs):
http://www.geocities.com/code_breaker2001/KRDVD1.jpg

I thought about him because of the fact that not only is his Sci-Fi good, but his action and drama balance is pretty good too (i.e. Black Hawk Down).

knightfan1
Rookie

Post by knightfan1 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:38 am

not bad. mot bad at all. but, i might suggest that instead of a 2005 mustang, no offense, the car should be a completely new or rather yet, 2000 circa trans am.

but it's some terrific work you did!

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:59 am

Knightfan1, the show is not set in the year 3000, my guess is that is a take on KITT's actual name, the Knight Idustries Two Thousand. And as of yet, no director has been named. The only thing we know is that Hasselhoff and Larsen are executive producing. They had a chance with Revolution Studios, but Revolution did not want the car to talk, and Hasselhoff instisted it talk. Shortly there after Larsen and Hasslhoff pulled out of the Revolution studios deal stating that they wanted more control and they rather emphatically requested the car not talk at all

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:34 pm

I think it would be fabulous if Ridley Scott directed KR, because I would love to see it given a serious, dark tone. But I don't see that happening. I'm not sure it would be an overall crowd pleaser that way either, since I think a lot of people would go to see it for the 80's nostalgia factor.

But Blade Runner is really, really not a similar style to KR. It's very dark and depressing. It's a great movie, but definitely in the film noire style with not a whole lot uplifting to say about humanity.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:26 pm

I would agree with ya htere Knightshade. Ridley would be an interesting director for KR since he directed Aliens. By the way what part of Chicago are you from? I used to live in the Chicago area from 1984-1989.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:13 am

I'm actually in the Northwest suburbs. It's just easier to say Chicago. ;-)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:24 am

Hmmmm...spinds interesting to me.
I wonder how David Hasselhoff and Glen Larson would like him as the "Knight Rider" director....
Hopefully, the "Knight Rider" movie won't turn out to be unrecognizable at all though....

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:49 pm

CB2001 wrote:Way ahead of you...

Poster: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... m=beb6.jpg

DVD Cover(warning filesize 930 kbs):
http://www.geocities.com/code_breaker2001/KRDVD1.jpg

I thought about him because of the fact that not only is his Sci-Fi good, but his action and drama balance is pretty good too (i.e. Black Hawk Down).
Could you please tell me how you did that DVD cover? It looks so perfect, and I need to make one, for the film "Behind Enemy Lines", for my Media Studies coursework, due in for early March.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:22 pm

I have a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements. That's my prefered weapon of choice. I'll go step by step to let you know how I created it.

The first thing that came was the image for the front of the DVD cover. That was originally meant to be a poster, as you can see in the first link. The first image created for that poster was the Mustang. The picture was suggested by knightphoenix, seeing that he thought an '05 Mustang would be good as a new KITT. So, I took that picture and started editing. I was going to just add a scanner light to it, but that wouldn't have been enough. So, I went online and looked for any KITT replica pictures that had good shots of the front and rear tires. The picture I snagged the tires from was a hardtop KITT replica (which so happens to be the same picture that themarvelous3 used for his desktop image under the "KITT Photoshop Work" post). After adjusting their shape, the brightness of the tires (which are in a couple of new layers), I saved my work.

The KITT was done, but I STILL needed pictures of a cast. Before I did anything, I came up with a story in my head and then "casted" real actors in the roles of the characters. So, the three actors you see on the front are my choices: David Hasselhoff (obviously), Chris Evans (who I saw in the movie "Cellular") and Sandrine Holt (who I have seen in "Resident Evil Apocolypse" and "Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation"). And I had to also come up with other actors for the "cast", which included Jason Statham, Ice Cube and Maria Bello, whom I've seen in a variety of films that I thought were cool. I had to look on the Internet for most of the pictures (the only one that wasn't from the net was the picture of Sandrine Holt, which was a screencapture from a copy of the pilot episode for "John Woo's Once A Thief").

I created a new image, a 2550 pixals (width) by 3600 pixals (height). Go under the Layer menu selection, and then click on "New Fill Layer" and select "Fill Layer Gradient". You'll be able to select the direction of the gradient, but what kind. The direction I had going for the gradient was 153 degrees. There should be an option to select a series of gradients that are not in the preloaded menu of the box after clicking on the arrow next to the gradient image on the top. After you click that, there should be a color selection with a small arrow button on the right of that, click on it and select "Noise Samples". I chose the red one.

Now, you've got the background down. For the poster image (which serves as the front), I used the "Selection Brush" on each of the image so that I could remove the whole actor and not have any of the items I didn't want (like a background). The first image I did this on was the image of the Mustang. I rotated the car and placed it as is. I then placed a lense flare on the "scanner" portion, so that it has a brightness. Save your work in the Adobe Photoshop format, .PSD

After that, I proceeded to do the images of Sadrine Holt, Chris Evans and David Hasselhoff in the same manner as the car. In that exact order, I had been able to put them in place. I also had to use the airbrush tool to make them somewhat "dissolve" in certain places. Now, you're going to have fun with layers.

Each thing you've pasted into the window should come in layers (which are listed). The actor's shouldn't be touched, but their images may need the brightness and contrast adjusted to make sure that they each correspond with each other.

Following that, I created a new layer on top of everything and filled it with a solid color (red). Seeing that I had that layer still select "Vivid Light" for layer style option at 43% Opacity. That gives the overall red look to all of the images. Following that, I added the text, the fonts used I downloaded off the Internet.

Now, for the DVD cover, I actually worked from a template design I picked up from a do-it-yourself movie distribution site, where if you've made a movie, you can send it to the site, along with a VHS and DVD cover design for your movie and set the prices. You can download the templates (VHS, DVD cover, DVD face design) here: http://www.customflix.com/Producer/HowTo/Covers.jsp

With the guidelines on, I made sure to start a new layer and I filled in the gradient in the same manner as I did with the poster. After that, I kept reviewing the template to see if everything was in its place. After I checked, I hid it and continued on working. After completing the full cover, I unhid the guidelines and made sure to readjust anything out of place. And then I moved the guideline image all the way down to the bottom to make sure that it was out of view. I then moved the layers with the DVD image on to the top of the list to ensure that they were able to be seen. After that, I saved the PSD file under a different name (so not to overwrite the template) and then save a copy of the file as "Copy to Web" and as a JPEG.

I hope that's helpful. Of course, you don't have to use the template from CustonFlix and do a cover from a new image in the following size: 3155 pixals (width) by 2086 pixals (height). But the template helps in ensuring that the front image doesn't leak over onto the spine section and likewise with the back section too (be it text or other).

Knight452
Operative

Post by Knight452 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:03 pm

That is KickA@!.
Show's Over...Go Home!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:39 pm

No problem. :)