Paul Frees (Voice of 2nd KARR) Book out - does Disney Voices

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Paul Frees (Voice of 2nd KARR) Book out - does Disney Voices

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:48 pm

http://www.paulfrees.com

"The voice of your Ghost Host at Disneyland/world's Haunted Mansion"...

Funny they mention some of his voice stints but none of Knight Rider. :( Anyway, saw the link at a friend's site disneyfans.com and followed it. It's actually a site a guy has that wrote a book on Paul Frees' career and the book includes interviews and stuff.

Thought I'd let you folks know. (I will pop in to spread some news if I find it - but too busy lately to be active - I just got HIRED at a company I was doing contract work for so I haven't had much time... sorry about that...)

LoneKnight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by LoneKnight » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:09 am

That's been known for awhile. Paul has been around for quite a long time, and I personally think some of his best work was the "Ghost Host" at the Haunted Mansion.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:02 pm

Stars in heaven, I just had this really odd mental (emphasis on *mental*) image.

Ghost Host: "Of course, there's always *my* way out..."

KARR: *turbo boosts through the wall*

Ahem.... :oops:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:19 pm

Fantine - :shock: :lol: :lol: That's a good one! :)

LoneKnight - I am always the last to know. ;) I told my friend who had the blurb posted on his site and he was like "NO WAY!" and was shocked as he remembered KARR a bit but didn't realize the KVK one was Paul Frees. I was amazed Mr. Frees is working at Disney now. He does have a good voice for that stuff though.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:42 am

I just got email from my friend about Paul Frees and he mentioned that Paul had passed away awhile back. He said Paul also did the Pillsbury Dough Boy at one point as well.

Man on man, if I wasn't so tired I could come up with some good ones about dough and KARR... :lol:

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:19 am

Fantine wrote: Ghost Host: "Of course, there's always *my* way out..."
*Trying to resist nitpicking.....too late*

Coming from a Disneyfreak who often annoys the heck outta his friends and family by being a makeshift tourguide EVERY time we go to Disneyland, the correct transcript is:

".....And consider this dismaying observation: This chamber has no windows...and no doors *deep chuckle*. Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! *Maniacal laugh* Of course, there's always MY way.....*lights go out, thunder rolls in, look up and see dead corpse hanging from rafters. All the annoying people who want to ruin the ride for everyone else will scream at the top of their lungs and rupture my and everyone else's eardrum*

What's great about this is, everytime Paul hits those really deep, throaty parts, it makes me think of KARR.

*KARR running an amusement park........ :roll: *

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:10 pm

*Trying to resist nitpicking.....too late*

Coming from a Disneyfreak who often annoys the heck outta his friends and family by being a makeshift tourguide EVERY time we go to Disneyland, the correct transcript is:

".....And consider this dismaying observation: This chamber has no windows...and no doors *deep chuckle*. Which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! *Maniacal laugh* Of course, there's always MY way.....*lights go out, thunder rolls in, look up and see dead corpse hanging from rafters. All the annoying people who want to ruin the ride for everyone else will scream at the top of their lungs and rupture my and everyone else's eardrum*

What's great about this is, everytime Paul hits those really deep, throaty parts, it makes me think of KARR.

*KARR running an amusement park........ :roll: *[/quote]

You know, I recalled after I posted it that the "out" part was incorrect. Ah well. :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:38 pm

How about KARR AS an amusement park ride? :shock: Uh, maybe not. :kittspin: :lol:

:karr: