KITT vs the french army

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 7:54 pm

I didn't take it too seriously but it seems being French is not very well-seen since few months if you see what I mean.
Even though the frence where right.

*dives for cover*
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:01 pm

That's cos nobody likes being told what they're doing is downright stupid, they get angry. The French said invading Iraq was dumb. It was dumb. Saddam's a slimy, bigoted maniacal neanderthal, but it just wasn't cricket to invade liket that!

Thus some believe the French to be antagonistic - for being peaceful... there's an irony if ever there was one.

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:03 pm

You know what surprises me the most about this thread?

The fact that it is one of those that any blind moderator can see is going to end up with hurt feelings, yet it still lives.... *looks from side to side*

KI

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:20 pm

I'm sorry. I just don't like the way people pick on the French, and other Europeans, because they tried to pursue a peaceful end to the WMD problem. I don't like conflicts, anywhere, even on this board, and the pity is that people will keep this strand alive. (Which I do realise I am doing here). So if we could not have posts that pick on people, a title like KITT vs ? Nation is going to upset people, and the French have been an undue target of attention. Moreover it involves heavy political issues, on which people have strong opinions - all of which means it will keep going for some time unless the moderator removes it.

At the same time I realise people have these opinions, and we need to be free to discuss them, so long as we don't get personal.

As for my 'traditional enemy' comment, it was light hearted and reflects a cheerful love/hate relationship the UK has with France, even GB realised that. We like having them as our traditional enemy as much as we love 'em to pieces. We warred with them for centuries but we're always happy to step in and give 'em a hand if anyone else tries to fight them, and I am glad of it. Together we stopped two world wars that way.

So no more inflammatory posts picking on nations. I'll stand up and say my bit to defend 'em, no matter which country it is, to the hilt. If you have an opinion on something like Iraq, or the french stance, then express it through a proper discussion title, and not an inflammatory one.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:25 pm

The fact that it is one of those that any blind moderator can see is going to end up with hurt feelings, yet it still lives....
But where self moderating KI.

Only problem with that idea is that no one has the authority to jump in and deal with the problems when they arise. So they get left on the board and people keep replying to them and the heat stays on and on and on.

Basically there is no leadership with self-moderation. You only have to look back through history to see what happens to communities and civilizations who lose leadership… anarchy, total chaos and eventually the total downfall of that community.

The evidence is already beginning to show that our little Knight rider community will follow that same path unless we do something to restore some form of order to our community.

KnightAvenger77
Rookie

Post by KnightAvenger77 » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:37 pm

all i did was create this for fun, and i never ment it to go like this and im sorry if your feelings were hurt

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:45 pm

Well then. Let this be a lessen to you youngster!

Now go to your room for 10 minutes and don’t do it again!!

:lol:

GB
Recruit

Post by GB » Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:47 am

Thanks tkr9 :wink: that's cool to support the "fu***** frogs" as Prince Harry called us one day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guillaume - Pontiac Trans AM 1984

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:23 am

Yes, I know he did. I'm sorry about that. He's a little... he's a very angry young chap is our Harry.

GB
Recruit

Post by GB » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:05 am

That was funny, personnally, I didn't take it as an insult (as long as he doesn't say it everyday :lol: :lol: ) and you don't have to be sorry about that :wink: :wink:
Guillaume - Pontiac Trans AM 1984

Victory Red
Rookie

Post by Victory Red » Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:11 am

Hell in Canada the English and the French still go at it.

I am just waiting for a new Quebec Referendom to see if they want to split from the rest of Canada (again). Good lord give me a break.

I live in the Conutry of Peace but our own people seem to want to argue over thier language rights.

I say we all learn to speak Native American. I mean everyone around the world. Lets make that the new international language. lol