Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

A question about Driving KITT in the game......

Post by spyhunter » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:40 am

Whew! You can say that again!

SH

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:53 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>I seen the pictures of the cameria moves on KITT well i am wondering you know in Grand Theft Auto three when you make the camira angle diffrent and if you want to drive in the copit? Can i always be in the copit or is that up to the angle?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what we've seen, yes you will be able to change the camera angle in the game.

Again Justin, please ask your question in an already started thread about the game instead of starting a new one.

[ October 06, 2002: Message edited by: Centaurus17 ]

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:12 am

Justin,you waste the boards space with threads, when theres a perfect few threads running already on the same subject...yet you have been told about this before??? Don't you have eyes?????

K.I.T.T

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by spyhunter » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:31 pm

Now that the PS2 Network Adapter is out, it would make sense to incorporate online features into all future PS2 games. Any plans for this with Knight Rider the Game?

SH

JustinMacri
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by JustinMacri » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:42 pm

i love the Knight Rider theme

kittgirl
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by kittgirl » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:45 pm

Hello I am from Finland and would like the following question answered, please. What requirement will the game have for a PC? Mine is a 1,47 GHz Athlon, 384 RAM, 40 GB hard drive, CD/DVD, 3D-card yet to install, running Windows XP Home. Will the game run on this. Also where can I order the game from? Thanks for any answers...

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:24 pm

Wow, good for you. I mean that's great. My day wouldn't have been complete without this useless post.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>i love the Knight Rider theme</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeronimo2
Stranger

Questions KR game?

Post by Jeronimo2 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:31 pm

Hi all,

wanted to respond quickly to the many questions about the NGC and XBox version of KR. As some of you pointed out already, developing a game for any particular platform is "a big deal". There is no such thing as churning out a game for a different platform than the one it was originally designed for at will. This takes time and dedication. Hence the decision to make KR for PS2 (being the largest platform) and PC first. Which platform comes next depends on the next few months and we'll obviously look at what KR is going to do in it's current incarnation. (decisions, decisions..)

Din Knight: Like Neps said, we do send out press releases to just about every mag we can think of so it should be hard to not notice the Knight Rider game. From there on it's up to the editors of the show. We'll try to keep you informed about any TV coverage.

Spy Hunter: Adding networking support to our game technology is not in our schedule right now but it is definitly on our wishlist.

KittGirl: Your system sounds just fine (if it include a 3D Card)

cheers,

Jeronimo

Zarate
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Zarate » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:03 pm

Gamecube PLEASE gamecube pretty please!

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:17 pm

Got a fresh question for you. Earlier someone asked if there will be a PC demo, to which Teunstah replied, no but there will be a PS2 demo. Where will everyone be able to get this demo? Is it going to be released on a certain magazines disk that are usually with the issue, or is it just there in case the time comes when someone wants to include it with a demo disk?

Thanks again for all the replies so far, we very much appreciate it!

ThomasFairley
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by ThomasFairley » Tue Oct 08, 2002 12:19 am

Ive seen the pictures on the official site and i think that KITT is a bit too thick if you know what i mean. Image

Is it like this when you play the game or is it just because its a picture of it?

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:26 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThomasFairley:
<STRONG>Ive seen the pictures on the official site and i think that KITT is a bit too thick if you know what i mean.

Is it like this when you play the game or is it just because its a picture of it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you mean the width of kitt or the heigh of the nose? It could be the angle of the shot since that type of axon angle tends to distort certain things. do you feel its that way in other images?

Newcastle knight
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:41 am

i think i know what he means. if you look at the bottom of the custom nose you will see an extra sort of layer that shouldnt be there. you can actually see it best on the picture you have on the main page neil.

its like an extra bottom lip to the bottom of the nose.

and yet, sometimes it isnt there, like in the intro when devon is standing next to KITT, i dont think its there at that particular time.

scott

ThomasFairley
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by ThomasFairley » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:13 am

No, it's not.

[ October 08, 2002: Message edited by: ThomasFairley ]

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:51 am

Hi,

Been a little while, but here are some answers again, once again, I'm giving you this information in advance. So you have the news first, but keep in mind that some things can (and willl) change; it's either this or no information:

Zed:
<SPOILER ALERT>
Junkyard dog is not in the game. (don't you guys like surprises? You want to know everything in advance? [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
</SPOILER ALERT>

Sonicfreak:
I keep getting amazed by the eye for detail of some people. During the development of Knight Rider our animation studio has received 3D models to work with, at some point the model we used for the game has been slightly altered, and this changes have not been tranferred to the animations.

Holic:
It's like you can see on the latest screenshots.

Justin:
(please read the thread, this question has been asked before) The will be no 2P-modes.

Dinknight:
As Neil said, that's not up to us, unfortunately.

*Minimal* PC specs, these may change a bit, when using the following configuration all graphics options should be at it's lowest to get a decent framerate:
PIII 450, 64MB, 16Mb 3D graphicscard, soundcard.
Ofcourse the game looks much better and smoother on a high-end machine with a good graphics-card, and sounds better with EAX or A3D support, and 4-speakers.

I have to apologize for mis-informing you on the demo; there will be a PC demo, not a PS2 demo (atleast not in the near future), it should be out around the EU launch of KR.
This is good news for all the people not living in Europe. It will probabaly first come with magazines, and inet afterwards.

grtZ Teun

FinalFn
Stranger

Questions KR game?

Post by FinalFn » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:41 pm

Another question:
Will the driving-model be realistc (will the control of KITT be like a real TransAM?) I dont hope that it will be as un-realistic as in Need For Speed 4 :-)

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Questions KR game?

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:05 pm

Sorry if this message sounds a little thin..or if im sounding a bit dim.
But once the game is released here in Uk...is there any particular email address or website i can go to, to get approval of using a certain screen shot i would have grabbed from my own copy? (once i get it) and then use that picture/screen shot on my own website?

K.I.T.T

did that come out right? lol

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight2000 » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:09 pm

I just watched the video clips from the Davilex website. I immediately noticed KITT looked real funny. Then I realised it was too short and tall, making KITT look real fat. Will these video clips be in the game, and if so, will they be altered? Or maybe it may have been just my PC. Did anyone else think KITT was short and fat? Oh yeah, if you speed up the voice over, it will sound like the real KR.

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:23 pm

Okay, you guys are starting to get a little to picky. If you are looking on Davilex's website, those images are pretty close to final. if you are looking at images here they are works in progress. Regardless, everything is subject to interpretation and things are modified for the game slightly. Remember KITT himself went through numerous changes from season to season. Personally I haven't found anything wrong, i don't feel he is too fat or to short, so it may be your PC.

But to me the little details aren't as important. Out of a scale of 100% I think they were 98% faithful to their KITT design and we should all be thankful for that much. They could have trashed knight rider totally, they could have updated the car to some new version or even not have the characters we know and love in the game. but they didn't, they put a TON of work into this and to keep picking at little minute details is unfair.

i hope im not being to harsh, but we should recognize what we have, instead of what we don't and be happy. hell we could be without a next-generation game to play.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Questions KR game?

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:38 pm

I agree with Neil....of what i have seen..which im trying not to see too much so i don't spoiler it for later game play....i think they have done justice on the name Knight Rider as well as the program itself.
Not everyone will be happy with certain bits, but we have what looks like some great missions,a very well made K.I.T.T, s/fx etc.
I have always wanted a Knight Rider game resembling the show..(i.e great graphics and great game play, aswell as playing up against K.A.R.R)
I think the team who have made it possible have done really well, and i personally thank them for making a dream of mine come true!

K.I.T.T

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by krfan1 » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:27 pm

I also agree with Neil. Some people are getting too picky. They need to sit back and be thankful that a kick butt KR game is coming out finally after all these years.

Nick

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:09 am

Yeah I guess I was too nit-picky, but its starting to become a habit (blame KI!!!). Anyhoo, I forgot to add that in some place, the thing was better than the real KR. There was one scene where KITT does into the semi and it looked REAL!

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:44 am

Hi,

FinalFn:
If you are asking if we made a Trans-Am simulator game, no we have not. Instead I think we have a nice and challenging car to drive, while still being very controllable.
We have not used full rear-wheel drive since a lot of people found that hard to master, so we implemented a 75% rear 25% front drive system, which still allows for some spectacular rear wheel drive tricks, but has improved handling, esp at lower speeds.
Again we favored gameplay over accuracy.

K.I.T.T.:
I'm no legal expert, but personally, I don't see a problem with that. Personally I would feel honoured if someone put pics of the game on their site because they like the game. But I'm sure you will be contacted if it's not :P

Neps, K.I.T.T., krfan1, Knight2000:
Thx for the support [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightrider_ni
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by knightrider_ni » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:51 am

could be a chance the movie images are a little squished themselves and not the game. it's no biggie, i'm not complaining at all, sometimes net video images can be the teeny-tiniest bit squished either horizontally or vertically through no fault of anyone's and it isn't noticeable unless you're looking really hard. the ever-so-slight alter in dimensions can make things look thin or fat, eg. jackass' downloadable movies. (i can't see them btw as i;m using my library's machine so i'm just offering a suggestion...)

and nope, not all of us wish to know everything beforehand, same goes for the new movie. plenty of us still wish to be surprised and enjoy the game/movie/whatever the way they are intended to be enjoyed [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:04 pm

Before i start i would like to realy thank you guys for listening to our comments,suggestions,and worst of all our nitpicking especially since we can all see how great of a job you've done in recreating the greatest tv show of all time(in my opinion).I still can't believe my wish of playing kitt on a ps2 or a newer generation system has come true i want to thank you guys for that too.(Teardrop!)

I know this is very late in the stage of development but is there any chance in returning the gauges,heads up display back to the yellow green red?That was how the show had the gages and i loved how they originally looked.Too much green is a little much.

My second suggestion is to have for the ending.Maybe the same way the show ended with kitt in spm mode and the end credits flashing.You can do the same in a 3d version of kitt and the dessert with your names flashing to the backround of the great remix you guys did to the kr theme.

I too have a few questions about the game:

Do we see Michael pressing any buttons during the cinema clips?The clips I saw at gamespot.com we see spm mode and only hear the button pressed or the turbo boost is heard yet no button sequence used.We can't even see the pods in the dash but still a very great dash.

2.Will the original storyline of knight rider be listed or talked about in the game itself?
Because I know I am for sure buying this game no matter what.But i would like my friends and other people who are new to the world of knight rider to know what the story was.When i was just 10 watching the show,I only thought it was a great show of a guy driving around a supercar that talks.

3.Was the original role or rc3 considered for this game? or did you feel that there would be too many characters in one hell of a game?

once again realy realy awesome job you did on the game I'm saving for it as we speak.