Knight Rider Season 3 Reviews and General comments

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mustang61777
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Love Season 3 so Far

Post by Mustang61777 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:00 pm

What the f..., I went to Target in Bakersfield and they told me no copies of Season 3 was available. The lady that helped me said to go to Best Buy and get there cuz they always get movies early. Sure enough, Best Buys had a few copies and grabbed mine. I also had them price match my copy and told them that Circuit City had it for 34.99 with no problem. I watched Kitt vs Karr and Junkyard Dog. I'm glad to see all uncut but few missing sound effects but no big deal. Does anybody know if they copy skipped on Kitt vs. Karr? It was the part where Jon abbandons Karr near the beach and Karr tortures his girlfriend.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:05 pm

Problems with Seaons 3, Season 4 out a couple months later... sounds like Universal is rushing this out the door in hopes to get it over with, perhaps?

Or is it they are pressed for time to get it out the door as maybe (and I'm only dreaming and hoping) That there might be a Movie coming up?

Who knows... I'll know tomorrow what I think of S3 when it arrives. I can't wait. :)

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:07 pm

yea there is a part at the beach where karr gest john's gf in the car and then uses her to get john back in and starts to increase the temp and take the air out.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

wannabegeorge
Operative

Post by wannabegeorge » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:24 am

I've noticed several little additions from the televised versions ... you have to wonder how much footage is in the Universal vault.

Just a general comment - this is MY fav. season. The music and SFX are the best IMHO and the stories tend toward the serious. There are some of my favorite dramatic moments in season 3. It surprised me to read that many consider it a prelude to the fairly forgettable fourth season. Just my two cents :)

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:05 am

Ive found a couple of missing sound affects that nobody has mentioned yet, at least I think nobody mentioned it. They both take place in Ice Bandits. When Kitt Turbo Boost's unto the car carrier there is no Turbo Boost Sound, and there is a shot of Kitt driving with no engine sounds.

Also in the Knight of the Drones scene where it was mentioned that Kitt didn't say goodbye from watching it I believe the sound of that was missing so they just edited out the written translation also. Because all of the footage was there.

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:37 am

A bit late joining this thread, but my review was posted yesterday at the Knight Rider Archive.
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Skyknight
Recruit

Re: Love Season 3 so Far

Post by Skyknight » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am

Mustang61777 wrote:What the f..., I went to Target in Bakersfield and they told me no copies of Season 3 was available. The lady that helped me said to go to Best Buy and get there cuz they always get movies early. Sure enough, Best Buys had a few copies and grabbed mine. I also had them price match my copy and told them that Circuit City had it for 34.99 with no problem. I watched Kitt vs Karr and Junkyard Dog. I'm glad to see all uncut but few missing sound effects but no big deal. Does anybody know if they copy skipped on Kitt vs. Karr? It was the part where Jon abbandons Karr near the beach and Karr tortures his girlfriend.
Well, I picked up my copy at Best Buy as well. They only had 3 on their shelf and the girl told me that was their entire inventory.
A friend of mine picked his copy up at one of the grocery store chains here 4 days before it's release! His wife told him about it. When he went to check it out later on that day, sure enough it was still there. It had prolly sat on the shelf for a day or two actually. Goes to show how well sales have been.

I think Knight Rider is way off Universal's scope and I'm sure Hassellhoff's.
The low sales of the DVD's may very well convince them to scrap any hopes of making a movie. :(

I sure hope I'm wrong.

Nilton

kitt1987
Recruit

DVD

Post by kitt1987 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:49 am

I picked up what looked to be the only copy of the 3rd season in my town last night. Circuit City had none, I went to 3 Targets they had none. Meijer had none and Walmart had none. Best Buy had ONE copy and the lady I usually speak with informed me that is the only copy they ordered. I think for season 4 I'm just going to preorder off Amazon. Because quite frankly in my area you don't even see any of the previous sets on the shelves anymore.
Unfortunately I personally don't think it's a big profit machine for the studio as some people may think it is. Sure a lot of folks remember it and are willing to watch an ep IF they catch it in passing on television but mention the title to generally anybody and they'll usually laugh at you. One of the defining shows of '80's cheesiness I guess. :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:49 am

I'm glad to have read the review and about the changes that were made, so I won't be so disappointed when I get my own DVD set in the mail this month, and I won't have such high expectations.
What that means is that I'll see the 3rd season of "Knight Rider" quite differently, which is OK with me now. :x :?: :shock: :| :? :shock: :roll: 8) :wink: :lol: :wink: :wink: :wink:

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:19 pm

I've seen about four episodes so far including Knight of the Drones, K-V-K, Halloween Knight, and Knight in Disgrace. I think I like season three more than season two because the episodes have more suspence in them and there are alot more fighting scenes. The picture quality is great too.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:33 pm

Any news on y none are area at major reataliers?
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

wannabegeorge
Operative

Post by wannabegeorge » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:12 pm

Deferranfan1 wrote:Any news on y none are area at major reataliers?
Got mine at Bestbuy and I saw it at Suncoast Video ... maybe the retailers near you are lazy? ;)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:58 pm

MLAM wrote:
Skav wrote:
LMolineux wrote:Well like i posted in another Thread.
Knight of The Drones the "INTRO IS NOT THE REAL INTRO" The Themed Intro is the dubbed in Regular Season 3 intro not the one which was used for real for this episode. Has anyone else run into this?
Yeah, this was noticed too but then they did something similar with season 2 as well.

I'm willing to bet 50/50 that the season 4 regular intro will be put into KOTJ pre-credit sequence, although I wouldn't want to purposely jinx anything. :?
Which episode in Season 2 has a edited intro sequence?

I hope they dont cut out the Season 4 teaser as it has Edward Mulhare's narration on it, well it is on my Universal tape anyway.

When you say teh intro isn't original on Knight of the Drones, I'm assuming the pre credit stuff is still there, showing the prison bust sequence etc
I remember Paul from the Knight Rider Archive mentioning, and you have to ask him because I probably haven't got this right, that it wasn't a specific episode but the credits in general, there was a sequence in the credits that wasn't from the original or was erased altogether.

It was only a shot or two shots I think that were altered but the rest remained the same.

The pre-credit sequence is still there but they purposely gave you the shots from the season 2 credits originally ie no showing of the season 3 dash to prevent you from knowing kitt got his upgrade where as in this dvd set, the credits are changed to the normal season 3 credits complete with showing of KITT s3 dash so the surprise is ruined.

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:54 pm

Skav wrote:
MLAM wrote:
Skav wrote: Yeah, this was noticed too but then they did something similar with season 2 as well.

I'm willing to bet 50/50 that the season 4 regular intro will be put into KOTJ pre-credit sequence, although I wouldn't want to purposely jinx anything. :?
Which episode in Season 2 has a edited intro sequence?

I hope they dont cut out the Season 4 teaser as it has Edward Mulhare's narration on it, well it is on my Universal tape anyway.

When you say teh intro isn't original on Knight of the Drones, I'm assuming the pre credit stuff is still there, showing the prison bust sequence etc
I remember Paul from the Knight Rider Archive mentioning, and you have to ask him because I probably haven't got this right, that it wasn't a specific episode but the credits in general, there was a sequence in the credits that wasn't from the original or was erased altogether.

It was only a shot or two shots I think that were altered but the rest remained the same.

The pre-credit sequence is still there but they purposely gave you the shots from the season 2 credits originally ie no showing of the season 3 dash to prevent you from knowing kitt got his upgrade where as in this dvd set, the credits are changed to the normal season 3 credits complete with showing of KITT s3 dash so the surprise is ruined.
Yeah the only little depressing part of that so far was that Opening Theme/Intro to Knight Of The Drones. I have it from syndicate but its got the BS stuff from WGN.

knightrider#1fan
Recruit

Post by knightrider#1fan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:56 pm

so far no trouble with my set. i got mine from fye.com. i called my local fye store to see if i had trouble if i could exchange it there i could, and they said yes. what disappoints me is there is no sound effects on some eps. the picture is and sound is good. i am going to watch the second side of my second disc tomorrow or friday. Just Love that David Hasselhoff (Michael Knight) He is so Handsome and Hot and you gotta love KITT he can do just about anything and is indestructible!!! :D 8) I got my set on time!! :D Can't wait to get season 4 April 4th!!! :D

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:20 pm

I bet George Lucas drives one of these things. lol There are some added parts there were not in the tv version in KvK. IDK Karrs voice doesn't sound like he did in the tv version. Not sure. Anyone else pick that up.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:24 pm

I've got my set today and wouldn't you know out of the blue, my boss gives me today and the rest of the week off! KR Marathon! w00t! :)

The CD box that holds Season one was broken/damaged at the top right corner though. But the CD seems ok as do the other boxes and CDs. I didn't notice the text on the box for the music but I didn't really look at it too good.

I've watched KITT vs. KARR, Knight of the Drones and Knight and Knerd. It was so neat to see KARR in action again! I'm one happy camper. :) Hopefully all the DVDs will all be ok as well.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:49 pm

How many of you are going to watch them in order?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:04 pm

I don't think I will watch them in order. I'll watch them like the ones I want first and then watch the others in order I guess.

One way or another, I'll watch them all, probalby several times. :) I still even watch some of the S1 and S2 episodes.

Then there's Season 4 when it comes out. Again, I'll watch ones I have been waiting to see and then the rest probably in order.

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:20 pm

How do others watch them?
I'm one of them that always watches them in order. :)

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:42 pm

I did watch them all in order although it killed me waiting to get to my favourites ie KITT VS KARR, Knight in Disgrace, Dead of Knight etc.

But I personally couldn't have it any other way. :oops:

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:06 pm

Dead Of Knight First Song is not the one i remember being used its been re-edited if you ask me or i could be wrong.

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:32 pm

Dead of Knight - Is that the one with the poison?

If so then the opening song after the credits is a Billy Idol song, can't remember the title but its a 80s pop/rock beat to it.

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:03 pm

MLAM yes its an old song yes but its been replaced in this release.

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:42 pm

Now i found another INTRO screwup. Knight Of The Chamilion or however its spelled the sound effects in the intro are void.