Season 3 DVD problems - are they over?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PA-KnightFan
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Season 3 DVD problems - are they over?

Post by PA-KnightFan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:57 am

I know all about the sound effects problems with the Season 3 DVD sets. My question is this: if I buy this DVD set new, will they still have the problem, or is it likely that the problems have been fixed and new copies are fine?

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:39 am

More then likely yes!

Nick

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Season 3 DVD problems - are they over?

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:46 pm

PA-KnightFan wrote:I know all about the sound effects problems with the Season 3 DVD sets. My question is this: if I buy this DVD set new, will they still have the problem, or is it likely that the problems have been fixed and new copies are fine?
To the best of my knowledge, you'd have to buy the flawed set as is, and then send it to Universal for the "corrected" version. I don't remember ever hearing that the sets were recalled completely and replaced. But I could be wrong.

The Season 4 set is also flawed too, with a few missing sound effects in a couple of episodes like "Knight Of the Juggernaut." The opening credit sequences are also way overcropped, and the teasers are missing from "Knight Song" and "The Scent Of Roses." The sound is also downgraded from originally being in stereo to now being in mono, and the episode synopses are also missing before each episode selection. But unfortunately there was never any word of these problems being corrected by Universal as they did with the Season 3 set.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: